There is no evidence mentioned at this time in mainstream media that the blast and blaze at a Philadelphia oil refinery has any ties to terror. That doesn’t keep social media from lighting up with speculation on that very topic. Facts and speculation are two distinct things. Our report this evening will be on the oil blast, blaze and its expected. On a day when most manufactured home tracked stocks slid, we’ll take a look at reports about the MH-industry critical topic of oil.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
- The Philadelphia refinery that exploded early Friday had years of financial troubles in its past
- NASA wants astronauts to go back to the moon in 2024. Is it possible?
- Airlines are canceling or re-routing flights near Iran after an American drone was shot down
- Dow disappoints in last minutes of trading
- Blue Origin test fires its BE-7 rocket engine
- Gas prices keep falling. Will the refinery fire change that?
- US details new restrictions on Chinese supercomputer companies
- Bitcoin’s march to $10,000 propelled by Facebook and the Fed
- Sprint-T-Mobile decision delayed amid DOJ antitrust negotiations
- Facebook reverses ban on Led Zeppelin album cover
- The top prosecutor on Robert Mueller’s team is writing a book
- Private prison stocks fall after Elizabeth Warren says they should be banned
- One of these 12 women astronauts will go to the moon
- Pixar looks for another box office hit with ‘Toy Story 4’
- The world is crazy and the dollar is lower. Gold is above $1,400 for first time in years
- Electric planes herald new era for aviation
- Future Toyotas will automatically turn off
- Fly inside Uber’s new air taxi cabin
- This airless tire could eliminate flats
- Toyota sets aggressive new target for electrified cars
- Slack is now worth more than $20 billion
- Slack is ruining my life and I love it
- Why Slack chose a direct listing instead of an IPO
- How Slack changed the way we work
- Slack is a runaway success in the US. But can the ’email killer’ translate worldwide?
- US manufacturers blame trade wars for slip in record-level optimism
- Stocks close down but still notch weekly gains
- Trump halted Iran counter-strike to spare estimated 150 casualties
- Americans in France could be paid as much as $300M in back taxes
- Zion Williamson’s NBA salary after tax hit
- Boeing to launch astronauts to the Int’l Space Station in new capsule
- Mnuchin: Iran must address ‘systemic money-laundering’ or face international audits
- Higher salary may be predicted by this behavior in kindergarten, study finds
- Toys R Us to reopen stores in the US later this year: report
- AOC-backed economic theory should be ‘dismissed at your peril,’ expert cautions
- Here’s how well Siri, Alexa and Google Assistant do recognizing prescription names
- Median age in US rises to 38: How it may impact health care, entitlements
- Women in college-educated workforce make breakthrough, study finds
- Google stops making tablets, halts production on unreleased models: report
- These cities have the most millionaires looking for love, dating app reveals
- United Airlines, other carriers divert flights from Iranian airspace amid US tensions
- Fed’s Bullard argues interest rate cut is ‘insurance’ against rising risks
- McDonald’s testing automated drive-through ordering, robot fryers in Chicago
- T-Mobile-Sprint deal faces opposition from four US states
Today’s markets and stocks snapshot, at the closing bell…
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The Brunswick News reported about two hours ago that “Deputy Fire Commissioner Craig Murphy says the blaze at Philadelphia Energy Solutions started in a tank that holds a mix of propane and butane.”
Left-of-center CNBC reported:
· A series of explosions tears through a Philadelphia gasoline refinery, the East Coast’s largest, just as the busy summer driving season was beginning.
· Five minor injuries were reported.
· Gasoline futures prices jump.
As we’ve noted previously on the Daily Business News on MHProNews, fuel prices can have a significant impact on the cost of manufactured housing.
Our prior reports, linked below, on the impact and wrinkles on the oil-Iranian issues stand, with this caveat. If – God forbid – terror attacks were to start on U.S. or other significant global refineries, Katy bar the doors.
As someone who speaks Farsi, this is why the West should not allow Iran to ever have a nuclear weapons.
See the in the related reports, below.
Yahoo Finance Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com