Elections, monopolies, public policy, and repeatedly misleading mainstream media reports all have consequences. The Dow and other markets tumbled again on a short Black Friday trading session, and that will be our focus report, further below.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- He left the slums of Iran as a teen. Now he runs one of America’s biggest toy companies
- Oil meltdown deepens as crude crashes below $51
- Lebanon put Carlos Ghosn on postage stamps. His downfall stunned Beirut
- In the age of hateful Twitter rants, StoryCorps is connecting people with different viewpoints
- The best way to cut your stock market losses
- The Great Oil Crash of 2018: What’s really happening
- Inside China’s Silicon Valley: From copycats to innovation
- Chinese company wants to buy Michelangelo painting for $75 million
- The NFL can give thanks to a ratings rebound on Turkey Day
- From clowning to DJing: Where successful business leaders find inspiration
- Dolce & Gabbana has a big China problem after ad causes outrage
- Gap’s plan to save itself: Shrink
- Watch out for these holiday shopping scams
- PERSPECTIVES I’m growing up in Hurricane Maria’s aftermath. Here’s what the world can learn from youth resilience
- Shopping content by CNN Underscored
- Your A-Z guide to the best Black Friday sales happening right now
- Best ever Black Friday sales could hit $23 billion
- limate change brings dire consequences to the US, federal report concludes
- TikTok is the latest social network sensation
- Smart glasses for the hard of hearing are changing theater in London
- This app puts a personal trainer in your ear
- Hinge wants to know about your bad dates
- The new frontier of home decorating: Do it all online
- Watch out for these shopping scams
- Why Wall Street is worried about the holidays
- Amazon offers free shipping on all orders for the holidays
- Walmart’s plan to win: Faster checkouts and a simpler website
- Best Buy expands its toy section in a fight for Toys ‘R’ Us’ customers
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- US stocks, crude oil extend declines as Black Friday shoppers spend big
- Walmart, others fight scammers with tougher gift card policies
- Massive romaine lettuce warning linked to California
- Oil prices in biggest one-day slump since July 2015
- Gas prices fall on Thanksgiving — but there’s a catch
- Planned Chicago store closures by Target spark protest
- Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson face off in $9M match
- Oil hits 2018 lows on emerging supply glut
- Overstock shares pop after founder eyes blockchain
- Why you might want to skip shopping on Black Friday
- Home affordability watch: price tags in midsize metros
- Facebook’s outgoing exec takes fall for hiring opposition firm
- General Electric’s slow demise
- Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping set to face-off
- These retail stores offer shoppers ‘tremendous value’
- Seattle’s housing market shudders as Amazon plants HQ2 flags
- Amazon workers strike in Germany, Spain on Black Friday: report
- A tale of two email mistakes: Kennedy
- FBN’s Kennedy on Ivanka Trump’s email dilemma.
- Black Friday retail & social irrelevancy
- Stock market nausea and bitcoin’s ‘bitcon’
- This may be JCPenney’s last Christmas: Former Walmart CEO
- Why is it called Black Friday?
- Americans spent $1 billion this Thanksgiving shopping on their smartphones
- Small Business Saturday shows big economic benefits of shopping small
- ‘Creed II’ to build on ‘Rocky’ franchise’s billion-dollar legacy
- Nissan board fires Ghosn as chairman following arrest
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg has no plan to step down
- Owning this franchise could be the most lucrative option in fast food
- Baby boomers to hand down $68T in great wealth transfer
- The 10 American cities with the largest middle class
- US recession risk edges up, Fed may deliver fewer hikes: poll
- Why employees should think twice about giving their boss a holiday gift
- China trade deal must be in America’s best interest: Larry Kudlow
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
- Stocks fell on Friday as some of the most popular technology shares were under pressure once again, while a steep drop in oil prices also weighed on equities.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Averagedropped 178.74 points to 24,285.95 while the S&P 500 pulled back 0.65 percent to 2,632.56. The Nasdaq Composite dipped 0.5 percent to close at 6,938.98. The Dow and S&P 500 posted their worst Black Friday performance since 2010. The Nasdaq had its worst Black Friday since 2011.
- For the week, the major indexes all dropped more than 3 percent. They also had their biggest loss for a Thanksgiving week since 2011.
CNBC, as well as other money and market media, often get the facts right. What is sometimes more problematic is the why behind their who, what, and when.
The economy and Trump administration policies are sound, as a report earlier today reflects.
The Fed, a steady drum beat of negative media, under-reported moves by major players, and recent election results are all among the contributing factors to the recent market declines.
The markets are not the same as the economy, but each one can and does influence the other. See related reports, linked below.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.