On the evening before Thanksgiving, with millions traveling to see family, friends, and loved ones, the markets closed mixed. Some are talking about recession. Really? An expert look by Goldman Sach’s Peter Oppenheimer says no, which will be our featured report this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- The Great Oil Crash of 2018: What’s really happening
- Gap’s plan to save itself: Shrink
- PERSPECTIVES I was laid off from Toys ‘R’ Us with no severance. We deserve better — and we’re fighting back
- The S&P 500 is having its worst fourth-quarter since the sky fell in 2008
- How NYT Cooking amassed 120,000 subscriptions in a year and a half
- TikTok is the latest social network sensation
- What to expect from Black Friday
- Ikea’s major reorganization: Smaller stores and 7,500 job cuts
- EXCLUSIVE As problems pile up, Mark Zuckerberg stands his ground
- Toys ‘R’ Us owners will hand out $20 million severance to employees
- Abu Dhabi fund sues Goldman Sachs over ‘central role’ in 1MDB scam
- PERSPECTIVES To head off mass shootings, we need better technology — not less
- Meet the CEO of a driverless car company that loves to drive
- He left the slums of Iran as a teen. Now he runs one of America’s biggest toy companies
- 9 top tech gifts to give this year
- Zuckerberg defends his C-suite and says Sheryl Sandberg isn’t going anywhere
- It’s a do-or-die Christmas for Sears
- More than $1 trillion in Big Tech value wiped out
- Watch out for these holiday shopping scams
- The history of Black Friday
- Walmart and Target seize on the first Black Friday without Toys ‘R’ Us
- How Amazon is preparing Alexa for the holidays
- Wall Street is worried about the holidays
- Renault names acting CEO but keeps Carlos Ghosn on the payroll
- Nissan chairman accused of significant financial misconduct
- What we know about the arrest and what’s next
- Analysis: Even visionaries need oversight
- The scandal shows Japan is slowly raising its game
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Stocks end mixed ahead of Thanksgiving
- Fed will be ‘day to dependent’: Dallas Fed’s Kaplan
- Alphabet chairman questions Google’s China project
- Oil stabilizes after clobbering
- Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson face off in $9M match on Black Friday
- This may be JCPenney’s last Christmas: Former Walmart CEO
- Baby boomers to hand down $68T in great wealth transfer
- ‘Creed II’ to build on ‘Rocky’ franchise’s billion-dollar legacy
- Did Nissan become ‘out of control’ with its power?
- Amazon technical glitch exposed customer data
- Durable goods fall most in 15 months in October
- Seattle’s housing market shudders as Amazon plants HQ2 flags
- Gap looks to ‘quickly’ close hundreds of its namesake stores
- Still got vacation days? 1 in 4 Americans set to lose their days
- Is a Thanksgiving market rally coming?
- Thanksgiving travel: 3 best airlines for flying economy
- List of stores that are closed on Thanksgiving
- A tale of two email mistakes: Kennedy
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Goldman Sachs: The stock market plunge does not indicate a recession on the horizon, per the report this evening from CNBC.
- The U.S. economy won’t head into a recession soon despite fears that one may be near, Goldman Sachs’ Peter Oppenheimer says.
- He expects the economy will grow but at a much slower pace of 1.6 percent by 2020.
- “We should expect a relatively low return in global equity markets next year but still positive,” Oppenheimer predicts.
The bottom line ought to be that the economic fundamentals are still sound. Companies are still profitable, still investing, and growing.
We plan a pair of related reports, that will give a somewhat different look at the economic data, and how to juxtaposes with the markets. Stay tuned, and safe, pleasant, holiday wishes to all.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.