MHProNews isn’t predicting the end of the world, nor the end of big tech – not yet, anyway – based upon these recent slides. Nor does the Daily Business News’ see only what big media reports behind these moves. MHProNews has reported on manufactured housing equities each business day for years. And our ever-evolving platform has taken that broader “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing,” © that has made this platform the runaway #1 for the industry. Thanks, and our featured report, further below.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Carlos Ghosn scandal shows Japan is slowly raising its game
- Showdown at Renault: France wants Ghosn out
- What we know about Ghosn’s arrest and what’s next
- Bitcoin prices keeps plunging. When will they hit bottom?
- Beyond bitcoin: The other cryptocurrencies you should know too
- Why Wall Street is worried about the holidays
- Toys ‘R’ Us owners will hand out $20 million severance to employees
- Watch out for these holiday shopping scams
- What happens when women mentor men
- Historic ‘Monday Night Football’ game nabs epic ratings
- Michelle Obama book achieves publishing milestone
- Oil crash gets worse
- Prices plummet to a 13-month low
- Stock market freakout: Wall Street bets the boom may be over
- Tech’s billionaires just lost a fortune
- Stocks have wiped out the market’s gains for 2018
- Morgan Stanley: We are in a bear market
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey sparks a ‘hate speech’ storm in India
- Instagram cracks down on fake likes
- Google wants to be in every room of your house
- This app puts a personal trainer in your ear
- How iPads are changing Broadway
- com CEO shifts away from core business after US arrest
- Victoria’s Secret CEO resigns
- J Crew’s CEO steps down after a short run
- JCPenney names Jill Soltau as its new chief exec
- What does a new CEO mean for Germany’s biggest bank?
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Dow tumbles 551 points, 2018 stock gains gone
- Amid market sell-off, US oil prices plunge
- Bitcoin plunges again amid new info on rigging probe
- This may be JCPenney’s last Christmas: Former Walmart CEO
- Romaine lettuce unsafe to eat, CDC warns, citing E.coli outbreak
- Seattle’s housing market shudders as Amazon plants HQ2 flags
- Amazon bids for Disney’s 22 regional sports networks: Report
- Owning this franchise could be the most lucrative option in fast food
- The 10 American cities with the largest middle class
- US manufacturers fight back against fake ‘Made in USA’ labels
- Facebook under fire for not stopping sale of child bride
- What to know about the Navy’s new Lockheed Martin warship
- Why is it called Black Friday?
- iPhone, Xbox: The best Black Friday deals
- Holiday shopping: How to avoid overspending
- Fed may deliver fewer hikes as US recession risk edges up: poll
- The correspondents dinner is no longer a laughing matter: Kennedy
- California PG&E wildfire victims susceptible to financial sucker punch: Judge Napolitano
- What is Americanism?
- Is a Thanksgiving market rally coming?
- Thanksgiving travel: 3 best airlines for flying economy
- List of stores that are closed on Thanksgiving
- Stores that give consumers ‘tremendous value’
- Boeing postpones phone call on 737 Max problems
- Toys ‘R’ Us agrees to pay $20M in workers’ severance
- A new bill could help relieve PG&E from financial wildfire trouble
- Trump’s pardoned turkeys lead lavish life
- CVS, Aetna mega-merger to close after Thanksgiving
- Fortnite ‘Winter Royale’ free tournament to offer $1M in prizes
- Why employees should think twice about giving their boss a holiday gift
- China trade deal must be in America’s best interest: Larry Kudlow
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Our report last night on FAANG should be considered as the backdrop to tonight’s feature. Last night’s report is linked here.
We will merely note that the economy isn’t the stock market, and the stock market isn’t the overall U.S. economy. The left-right headlines from CNN Money and Fox Business, further above set additional context to all of our commentary.
Presidential adviser Larry Kudlow points out that the markets are down, but the economy is still moving ahead. That’s true, but there’s more to that too. That’s more than enough to tee up what follows.
According to CNBC:
- The five “FAANG” stocks have collectively lost more than $1 trillion in value from recent highs.
- The FAANG stocks — Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google-parent Alphabet — all fell to begin Tuesday trading.
- The five “FAANG” stocks collectively lost more than $1 trillion in market value from recent highs as shares dropped after Tuesday’s open.
- The stocks — Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google-parent Alphabet — all began Tuesday trading lower. Apple led the group’s losses, falling as much as 4 percent. The four other stocks later turned around, each going slightly positive on the day.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.