The FAANG Stocks are in full retreat. Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google are all sliding. We’ll show you the data. There’s growing discussion about breaking up the tech behemoths. The bite out of the value of the FAANG stocks, are our focus for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- The Dow fell nearly 400 points
- Morgan Stanley: We are in a bear market
- Why investors shouldn’t lose sleep over inflation
- Disney gets approval from China for Fox purchase
- CEO who voted for Trump thinks it’s time to focus on infrastructure
- David’s Bridal is filing for bankruptcy
- PERSPECTIVES The case for starting the hunt for STEM talent in high school
- Instagram cracks down on fake likes, follows and comments
- Global slowdown: 3 of the top 4 economies are suffering
- White House backs down from legal fight, restores Jim Acosta’s press pass
- There won’t be a comedian at the White House Correspondents’ dinner this year
- She thought flowers were a waste of money. Until selling them brought in millions
- Carlos Ghosn’s arrest shows that even visionaries need oversight
- He saved two companies. Now his legacy is in doubt
- Nissan chairman arrested over alleged financial misconduct
- Why the Carlos Ghosn scandal matters
- Addiction in the corner office
- J Crew’s CEO steps down after a short run
- Former GE boss Jeff Immelt reveals his biggest regrets
- Narcissistic chiefs put companies at risk
- How successful CEOs manage their time
- BRACING FOR BREXIT
- A messy UK departure from the EU is the last thing Wall Street needs
- UK may face a recession if Brexit is botched
- What the Brexit deal means for business
- What’s at stake if a Brexit deal falls through
- Germany’s Schaeffler is closing two UK plants over Brexit
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- US stocks tumble as tech titans slide
- Can investors expect a Thanksgiving rally?
- Meghan Markle’s IRS tax review may expose royal family’s riches
- Michael Bloomberg donates $1.8B to alma mater
- What to know about the Navy’s new Lockheed Martin warship
- Teen ‘sisterpreneurs’ create multimillion-dollar business in parents’ kitchen
- Nissan’s Ghosn arrested in Japan for under-reporting salary, to be fired
- Thinking about retiring? These states don’t have an income tax
- Forget Chick-fil-A and McDonald’s: Owning this franchise could be more profitable
- General Electric taps John Rice, 2 others to lead power unit
- These colleges offer the top financial aid packages
- Macy’s to kick off Black Friday sales on Thanksgiving Day again
- Thanksgiving travel: 3 best airlines for flying economy
- List of stores that are closed on Thanksgiving
- Willie Robertson’s journey to ‘American Entrepreneur’
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg having a ‘high noon’ moment: Varney
- California PG&E wildfire victims susceptible to financial sucker punch: Judge Napolitano
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
“U.S. stocks spiraled lower Monday with U.S. tech companies, including Facebook and Apple, pacing the declines. The Nasdaq Composite fell 3 percent or 219.40 points. While the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost over 395.78 points or 1.5 percent, trimming what was a 500 point midday loss. While the broader S&P 500 lost 45.54 points or 1.6 percent,” said Fox Business.
There’s a lot going on here.
Some believe, for example, that Facebook will bounce back and this is an opportunity to ‘buy the dip.’ But others think this is a signal for a broader move, a growing revolt and concerns that regulators and/or antitrust efforts could be ahead.
MHProNews has reported on this trend for some time, both for the impact on FAANG – which are increasingly talking up or actively backing certain factory-built housing operations – but also because of privacy, bias, and other concerns.
Big Tech has been a big backer of Democrats. President Trump has sounded off against big tech’s anti-conservative bias on various occasions.
Jeff Bezos quipped recently that the day will come when Amazon fails, but their job was to keep that from happening any time soon.
The word heard is that 2019 could see a serious antitrust action. Will it include MHVille and Berkshire? Time will tell.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.