There are several possible issues that could be covered this evening as our featured report, which is true of numbers of other evening market-related reports too. Tonight, we’ve selected Alexandria Ocassio-Cortez weighing in on climate change. Why this, why now? Because she specifically was talking about tornadoes. When funnels hit the skies, sadly, the old canard about manufactured homes blowing away with the first wind is renewed. Thus, our fact-check style discussion tonight is AOC and her views on climate and economics, responded to through the lens of economist Ben Stein.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Jamie Dimon takes a jab at Wells Fargo
- The JPMorgan Chase chief says leaving the bank without a CEO is ‘not the way to run the railroad’
- The US is getting older and millennials are having fewer kids. That could be bad for the economy
- LIVE UPDATES ‘Head-scratching’ selloff: Dow slides 238 points after early rally vanishes
- Quickly catch up on the day’s business news
- The iPod may seem dated to some, but Apple hasn’t forgotten iPod touch lovers
- Consumers are really confident. That might be bad news
- Walmart’s new tech chief comes from Google, Microsoft and Amazon
- FIRST ON CNN BUSINESS New GM charging network takes on Tesla
- This Chicago business trains former inmates to be beekeepers
- GE to slash 1,000 jobs in France at slumping power division
- Alibaba is reportedly mulling a $20 billion listing in Hong Kong
- Fintech arms race heats up with $21.5 billion takeover
- Sports Illustrated brand sold for $110 million
- Disney’s plan to expand the Star Wars galaxy: Make the fantasy real
- Scott Pelley: This is why I lost my evening news job
- Pizza Hut is changing its pan pizzas for the first time in 40 years
- Newly divorced MacKenzie Bezos pledges to give half her fortune to charity
- Zuckerberg and Sandberg ignore Canadian subpoena, face possible contempt vote
- PERSPECTIVES In the war against misinformation, fact-checking works. Big Tech needs to do more of it
- Facebook removed 2.2 billion fake accounts in three months
- Instagram blocks ‘#VaccinesKill’ hashtag
- This is the Infowars presidency in action
- Louis Farrakhan, Alex Jones and other ‘dangerous’ voices banned by Facebook and Instagram
- With its hands-free system, Nissan could beat Tesla at its own game
- Didi wants to help millions of drivers power their electric cars
- Wall Street’s love affair with Tesla is over
- A truck without a cab and driver takes to the road in Sweden
- By 2040, more than half of new cars will be electric
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Tornado, flood victims in Midwest receive relief from Walmart, Home Depot
- Stocks close lower, along with bond yields, after Trump trade comments
- Answer to China reneging on trade is ‘bust them immediately,’ Paul Mitchell founder says
- Jamie Dimon warns about biggest near-term risk to US economy
- Illinois to let voters decide how they will be taxed
- Bernie Sanders wants to give workers more influence at largest US corporations
- Walmart hires Suresh Kumar, former Amazon, Microsoft exec, as new CTO
- Parents with college students making this dangerous mistake, financial expert says
- Big coal CEO warns Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal would devastate steel industry
- USGA boosts purses for US Open, US Women’s Open golf championships
- Burger King locations offering Impossible Whopper see higher foot traffic, report says
- BART slams Elon Musk’s pitch to ‘solve’ traffic congestion
- Amazon considering office space in New York City: report
- NFL lockout? NFLPA warns players to save money for possible 2021 work stoppage
- Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian blasts ‘hustle porn’ on social media: It’s ‘really toxic’
- MacKenzie Bezos, among world’s richest women, pledges to donate half her $35B fortune to charity
- Monaco’s millionaires make up nearly a third of country’s population
- 3 things to know before starting a small business
- This is how to keep your vacation ‘scam-free’
- Warren Buffett’s private lunch auction hits record bid
- Oklahoma, Johnson & Johnson face off in trial against drugmakers blamed for role in opioid crisis
- Social Security: What is the best age to begin collecting?
- House approves retirement reform bill that amends 401(k), IRA rules
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Before diving into our AOC feature, a notice…
Our Bloomberg Watchlist has been changed by the provider, and there appears to be a glitch in the alphabetically listing, plus a visual distortion. Our apologies. We’ll see if we can’t get that corrected for tomorrow evening’s report.
Tornadoes destroy, period.
Tornadoes are deadly too.
Long before the advent of the modern era, there were ‘twisters.’ With more housing, and more media, the deaths and destruction – which is tragic – right or wrong gets hyped. Media, especially weather channels, get more eyeballs when bad news or bad weather hits. In as much as weather warnings can save lives, they have a good argument for that tact.
We’ve published a new fact-check and report on the recent Oklahoma and Alabama tornadoes, at the link below. The facts speak loudly, and are useful for manufactured home professionals.
We don’t expect AOC or her staff to dig into the specifics, because they fundraiser off climate change. Let’s note that climate does change, and the fascinating look at sea level changes in the report below should make people on both sides of the debate, smile, laugh, or wonder – really?
Ocasio-Cortez’s climate change claim on tornadoes was slammed by a meteorologist, and drew the response from popular economist, Ben Stein.
For those who missed it, after telling the world that there were 12 years to save the planet, she has now backed off the claim, saying it was all a joke.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.