Thank God it’s Friday! There were new record highs on the markets this week. The first quarter Gross Domestic Product (GDP) came in much higher than expected. There were more gainers than losers on the manufactured home tracked stocks. Let’s dive into the headlines across the left-right media divide that money managers watch that can move markets, plus our featured headline report.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ had a $60 million night
- The superhero saga’s opening night was the biggest in history
- Deutsche Bank is on the ropes without a plan to fight back
- US economy posts strong first quarter, but consumer spending slows
- Why it would be bizarre for the Fed to cut rates now
- S&P 500 and Nasdaq hit all-time closing highs, again
- Uber scales back its IPO ambitions
- Uber backs off talk of competing with public transit
- PERSPECTIVES The real danger of Alexa listening to our convos
- GM adds 400 jobs in Kentucky to help build a radical new Corvette
- An NFL star gave his teammates Amazon stock. There’s a better gift
- PepsiCo offers to settle with Indian farmers it sued over potatoes
- Shell’s stand on LGBT rights under scrutiny over Brunei’s anti-gay laws
- Elon Musk and SEC reach an agreement
- Amazon’s one-day shipping plan sparks backlash from labor union
- Ford is being investigated over emissions testing
- Slack files to go public with an unusual approach
- Beyond Meat’s IPO plans give it a $1.2 billion valuation
- This IPO market is nothing like late 1990s craziness
- Tech IPOs are soaring. Should you invest?
- Uber and Lyft may look the same, but their visions are not
- CAN NETFLIX REMAIN KING?
- A logo sign outside the headquarters of Netflix, Inc., in Los Gatos, California on December 7, 2014. Photo Credit: Kristoffer Tripplaar/ Sipa USA *** Please Use Credit from Credit Field ***
- Netflix’s not-so-secret weapon to win the streaming wars
- Netflix adds record number of subscribers
- The streaming wars are heating up. Netflix is even hotter
- Why 2.7 million Americans still get Netflix DVDs in the mail
- Netflix vs. Steven Spielberg is a battle over the future of the movie experience
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- EXCLUSIVE: Sinclair places top bid, reaches “handshake agreement” with Disney for Fox Regional Sports Networks
- Justice Department investigating Ford’s process to certify emissions compliance
- 1 in 4 Americans are ditching summer vacation this year. Here’s why
- Stocks end week at new highs as good GDP data offsets poor earnings
- Billionaire Mario Gabelli blames Amazon’s failed NYC deal on ‘the financially illiterate’
- Google doc listing 13,000 employees’ salaries goes viral
- Elon Musk, Bill Gates, others took a personality test and each scored low in same category: report
- Pepsi suing local farmers in India for growing potatoes it claims it owns
- WATCH: Retired brigadier general slams AOC’s characterization of the VA
- US economic growth rebounds at 3.2 percent pace in first quarter
- Warren Buffett considering $100B Berkshire stock buyback: Report
- Low-tax states top among best places to make a living in 2019
- The 5G era is here, but pitfalls loom for early adopters
- Warren Buffett’s diet still includes 5 cans of coke, McDonald’s and Dairy Queen
- Top 20 ‘best value’ colleges revealed in Forbes’ annual list
- Will Boeing 737 Max jet groundings impact summer travel?
- Trump blames high California gas tax for ‘mystery’ price surge in state
- The cheapest and most expensive states to raise a kid
- Your retirement: How much money is at risk if you delay saving?
- NFL Draft rookie contract scale: What Kyler Murray, other prospects will earn
- Clemson, Dabo Swinney reach $93M contract extension, richest in college football history
- How Kyler Murray’s NFL pay compares to his forfeited MLB signing bonus
- NY Times star columnist echoes Trump on border wall: Varney
- Millennials MIA among U.S. entrepreneur class: Why it really matters
- California’s high gas prices shouldn’t be a mystery
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Left-of-center CNBC had these bullets about the GDP report for the first quarter of 2019.
- First-quarter gross domestic product expanded by 3.2%, the Bureau of Economic Analysis said in its initial read of the economy for that period.
- Economists polled by Dow Jones expected the U.S. economy increased by 2.5% in the first quarter.
- Gross domestic product for the first quarter was the best start to a year since 2015.
The White House Press Room’s “West Wing Reads” had the following shares today with the Daily Business News on MHProNews.
US Economy Grows by 3.2% in the First Quarter, Topping Expectations
“The U.S. economy grew at a faster pace than expected in the first quarter and posted its best growth to start a year in four years,” Fred Imbert reports for CNBC.
“First-quarter gross domestic product expanded by 3.2%, the Bureau of Economic Analysis said Friday in its initial read of the economy for that period. Economists polled by Dow Jones expected growth of 2.5%.”
“One of the biggest failures of the Mueller probe concerns not what was in the final report, but what was not. Close readers will search in vain for any analysis of the central document in this affair: the infamous ‘dossier.’ It’s a stunning omission,” Kimberly Strassel writes in The Wall Street Journal. “Thanks to the special counsel we know Republicans weren’t playing footsie with Russians. But thanks to BuzzFeed, we know that Democrats were. America deserves to know how far that interaction extended.”
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.