Stocks have plunged again, with observers saying investors are nervous over Italy and events unfolding there. But publicly traded U.S. companies are overall doing well. The U.S. economy is showing growth. First Trust Advisors Chief Economist Brian Wesbury’s comments on the state of the markets, oil and more will be our focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Dow tumbles nearly 400 points on Italy fears and US-China trade tensions
- Netflix, Amazon and Facebook are a (less dim) light on a dark day for stocks
- Market uncertainty is back
- Italy crisis rocks markets. Here’s why investors are worried
- White House places tariff on $50 billion worth of Chinese goods
- George Soros is worried about another financial crisis
- The hottest ticket in sports? Think hockey, not basketball
- Bayer to sell off $9 billion in assets as part of Monsanto takeover
- Starbucks workers will get anti-bias training today
- Howard Schultz: We need to talk about race in America
- Anti-bias training will cost Starbucks ‘tens of millions’
- Can diversity training really solve the problem?
- What does unconscious bias training look like? I took 3 courses to find out
- ZTE will suffer lasting damage even if Trump lifts ban
- It’s 2018. Why are women still giving their husbands control of the finances?
- More people are saving $1 million in their 401(k)s. Here’s how you can too
- 3 Social Security mistakes that could cost you a fortune
- Europe plans ban on plastic cutlery and straws
- Malaysia ditches Singapore rail link. Is Chinese project next?
- Pret A Manger sale means $1,300 bonus for each employee
- Two of the world’s biggest brands are now Chinese
- Two South Carolina journalists killed while covering hazardous weather
- Ivanka Trump granted seven new trademarks in China
- De Beers admits defeat over man-made diamonds
- Feeling stressed? 7 startups aimed at improving your mental health
- Millennials are shaking up these 7 industries
- Companies become bargaining chips in US-China trade turmoil
- US government proposes removal of the so-called ‘startup visa’
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Disney sinks as ‘Roseanne’ canceled, ‘Solo’ flops
- ABC sought reason to ax ‘Roseanne’: Herman Cain
- Dow plunges almost 400 points on Italy turmoil
- Italy concern hammers America’s financial stocks
- Canada a stock hub for US pot purveyors
- Several American cannabis companies are now publicly traded north of the border.
- These Chick-Fil-A workers will be making $18 per hour
- US imposing 25% tariff on Chinese goods
- Pret-A-Manger workers to receive $1,300 bonuses after sale
- Here’s what more US auto loan delinquencies mean for the economy
- George Soros says Europe could lead to next ‘major financial crisis’
- Are Sears suitors lining up to purchase retailer’s assets?
- Purdue Pharma unlikely to pay for opioid crisis: Judge Nap
- Dairy alternatives are on a tear: Can milk make a comeback?
- De Beers to start marketing lab-grown diamonds
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Several manufactured housing connected stocks bucked the overall market decline today, as the Daily Business News’ Bloomberg ticker, further below, will reflect. As MHProNews has previously reported, the markets this year have responded to negative news about – whatever – geo-political, or domestic unrest often.
But the fundamentals of the U.S. economy are sound.
First Trust Advisors Chief Economist Brian Wesbury’s talks this evening about the anti-establishment wave that is sweeping several nations, and how the battle of income redistribution is a big issue. Our related report to that, is linked below the still of Wesbury, below.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.