Markets continued to regain lost ground, as investors fears over a trade war over tariffs cooled, oddly, even after China announced its own tough talk on tariffs. Chase’s billionaire leader, Jaime Dimon has given the president’s moves a thumbs up, rhetorically asking, ‘where are the pro-growth Democrats?’
Related issues will be our market spotlight tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- US job market poised for a milestone: 90 straight months of gains
- How China gets what it wants from American companies
- Trade war? Not so fast. Why stocks are rallying again
- Sears and Delta customer data may have been exposed in cyberattack
- Shipping industry braces for Chinese trade war
- China takes aim at America’s soybean farmers
- UK ‘sin taxes’ are working. Here’s the proof
- Kremlin ties to pages deleted by Facebook should have been obvious months ago
- The Atlantic ditches Kevin Williamson over controversial abortion comments
- Jamie Dimon: Immigration deadlock is ‘tearing apart’ country
- BlackRock is offering a gun-free retirement fund
- Ex-Treasury secretary compares Trump to Mussolini
- Larry Summers: Trump’s attacks on Amazon are un-American
- Medicare Advantage plans will soon cover things like groceries and air conditioners
- Judge in AT&T trial makes his presence known
- Harvey Weinstein hires new PR firm
- Terms of Bill O’Reilly settlements revealed for first time
- Economist: This is not a trade war
- Watch: Why trade fears rattle stocks
- Facebook tweak causes temporary heartbreak for Tinder users
- Travis Kalanick joins board of StyleSeat, a beauty startup
- Analysis: It’s time to hold Tesla to a higher standard
- Ford Escape fails passenger crash test
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow closes 1% higher as Trump says no rush on Nafta
- Employers added 193k jobs in March, analysts forecast
- US economy can grow 3% to 4%, Larry Kudlow says
- Tiger Woods will fall short of Masters win: Greg Norman
- Nine West to file for bankruptcy, sell intellectual property
- A Biden-Trump race is shaping up for 2020: Wall Street sources
- Tesla collapse? Bankruptcy for Elon Musk is possible, economist warns
- Some BlackRock ETFs leaving out Walmart, other gun retailers
- Tax cuts 2.0: What we know so far[overlay type]TAXES
- Tax cuts 2.0: What we know so far
- Bill Ackman’s Pershing Square losing cash fast: report
- AMC’s Saudi Arabia theater will be first in 35 years, opens in two weeks
- Amazon said to weigh bid for firm in talks with Walmart
- MoviePass parent acquires Moviefone from AOL’s Oath
- Mueller has given Trump a gift: Kennedy
- US-China tariffs prompt farm state senators to urge caution
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,662.84 +18.15(+0.69%)
Dow 30 24,505.22 +240.92(+0.99%)
Nasdaq 7,076.55 +34.44(+0.49%)
Russell 2000 1,542.93 +11.26(+0.74%)
Crude Oil 63.65 +0.28(+0.44%)
Gold 1,329.60 -10.60(-0.79%)
Silver 16.36 +0.11(+0.68%)
EUR/USD 1.2238 -0.0044(-0.36%)
10-Yr Bond 2.83 +0.04(+1.58%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
US President Donald Trump told a crowd in West Virginia that the US and China will have a “fantastic relationship” in the long term.
Larry Kudlow, the president’s new economic advisor, is touting the administration’s reforms, saying 3 to 4 percent economic growth should be expected, perhaps with a burst as high as 5 percent.
CNBC spotlighted President Trump “tossing out his script,” to the delight of West Virginia round table attendees.
MHProNews has previously reported that the tariffs are expected to have some impact on manufactured housing prices. But the same impact or more will hit conventional housing, say producers, so they have not yet seem stressed about the issue.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.