On Wednesday September 2, at about 11:14 AM ET MHProNews emailed a related inquiry to Mark Yost, President and CEO of Skyline Champion.
On Thursday 1:38 PM ET, a follow up was sent to Janowicz, to gain her reaction to the ‘read hot’ report linked below.
Later a related message was sent to the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) CEO Lesli Gooch. More on that may be forthcoming in the days ahead.
Much of the markets, including manufactured housing slid today. But Skyline Champion slid more than some other conventional housing builders. See those details in the featured focus report further below.
MHProNews’ report on Skyline Champion retailers and rivals reacting to their corporate policies is the backdrop to the featured focus report shown below. As usual, that follows the quotable quotes, the left-right media headlines, and 2 of our 3 market snapshots at the closing bell today.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Dow plunges 1,000 points
- A pedestrian wearing a protective mask passes in front of the Nasdaq MarketSite in the Times Square neighborhood of New York, U.S., on Monday, July 20, 2020. U.S. stocks fluctuated in light trading as investors are keeping an eye on Washington, where lawmakers will begin hammering out a rescue package to replace some of the expiring benefits earlier versions contained.
- Stocks bloodbath: Investors run for the exits after a streak of record highs
- The stock market is flashing a warning sign
- The stock market thinks Joe Biden is going to beat Donald Trump
- The world’s richest oil company is rethinking its global ambitions
- This is the worst economic crisis of our lifetimes. Yet 30% of Americans think the economy is fine
- The job market is gradually recovering from the pandemic lockdown shock
- Facebook will limit some ads in the week before the election — but it will let politicians run ads with lies
- Check out Coach Bill Belichick’s new Subway commercial
- Trump wants employers to defer payroll taxes. Many probably won’t
- Taco Bell is making more cuts to its menu
- Michael Bloomberg is giving $100 million to help graduates of historically Black med schools pay off their loans
- Jeep gives us a glimpse of its new Grand Wagoneer
- Your next Chevy could be designed by Honda
- Apple’s new iPhone ad puts privacy front and center again
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and his wife MacKenzie Bezos poses as they arrive at the headquarters of publisher Axel-Springer where he will receive the Axel Springer Award 2018 on April 24, 2018 in Berlin.
- MacKenzie Scott has become the world’s richest woman
- Here’s what the Burger King of the future will look like
- ‘Super Mario 3D World’ and a ton of other classic Mario games are coming to the Nintendo Switch
- AMERICA’S EVICTIONS CRISIS
- A demonstrator holds up a sign as he listens to speakers during a “Resist Eviction” rally to protest evictions on August 10, 2020 in New York City. The Right to Counsel NYC Coalition organized a day of action across New York City for tenants who are struggling to pay rent due to the COVID-19 public health crisis. Gov. Andrew Cuomo extended the eviction moratorium which ended on August 6, for an extra 30 days.
- The CDC temporarily halted evictions. Here’s who is eligible for relief
- Fannie and Freddie extend freeze on foreclosures
- She’s waited 4 weeks for the sheriff to evict her
- Up to 43% of renters could face eviction this year
- These people have left big cities for good. Here’s where they landed
- OUT OF STOCK
- An employee distributes a Google Chromebook laptop during a technology deployment event at Parkrose High School in Portland, Oregon, U.S., on Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020. Parkrose School District estimates it may spend as much as $900,000 on cleaning supplies this year, the school's director of business services & operations Sharie Lewis said. It has already paid out $411,000 on Chrome books for students to learn at home, cutting its reserves almost in half.
- First toilet paper, then yeast. Now laptops are hard to find
- Clorox wipes shortage expected to last into 2021
- Good luck finding a sewing machine these days
- Dr Pepper is the latest pandemic shortage
- Why America is running out of aluminum cans
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Cuomo doesn’t have any plans to reopen NYC restaurants
- De Blasio hints indoor dining won’t return in NYC until COVID-19 vaccine
- NYC restaurants starved by pandemic threaten lawsuit to bring back indoor dining
- Dow tumbles 900 points, stocks on pace for worst day since June
- Stocks to grind higher over next decade: Bank of America
- Stuart Varney: Joe Biden reversals are piling up
- IBM executive chairman: What our leaders can do to get Americans back to work
- Trump’s new eviction moratorium: Everything renters need to know
- LIVE NOW
- BIDEN IN KENOSHA
- Biden visits Kenosha, WI, meets with community leaders
- DOUBLE TROUBLE
- Facebook, Twitter try to suppress Trump message on trying to vote twice
- AMERICAN MADE
- Honda, GM join forces to develop ‘range of cars’ in North America
- OPTING OUT
- Why some workers are unlikely to see pay boost despite payroll tax deferral
- FIT FOR A KING
- FOOD & DRINKS
- Fast-food chain reveals redesign with suspended kitchen, to-go lockers
- GOLDEN YEARS
- 3 ways to know you’re ready to retire despite the recession
- WORRIED SICK
- Half of Americans fear this life event could lead to bankruptcy
- PRIME TIME
- RICH & FAMOUS
- Jeff Bezos’ ex-wife MacKenzie Scott is now the world’s richest woman
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE
- SEE IT: FOX Business enhances portfolio tracker, real-time market data
- K-Pop band BTS to become multimillionaire shareholders with label’s IPO
- McDonald’s and Travis Scott confirm partnership in an effort to appeal to Gen Z
- Macy’s reimagines holiday season ahead of pandemic-era Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Miss USA tickets at Graceland sold out in ‘minutes,’ Elvis Presley Enterprises owner says
- Trump’s ‘soldier’ Peter Navarro defends tactics amid questions about temperament, contracts
- Apple will let developers offer ‘free or discounted prices’ on subscriptions
- Unemployment claims fall to 881,000 as jobs market continues to recover
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- Facebook to block new political ads in week before election
- Wall Street telling employees they likely won’t return to offices anytime soon
- McDonald’s takes legal action against Australian burger chain, says ‘Big Jack’ burger is Big Mac copycat
- BRIAN BRENBERG: After RNC, DNC, two leaders’ economic visions offer real choice
- Louisiana power grid needs ‘complete rebuild’ after Hurricane Laura, restoration to take weeks
- CARS + TRUCKS
- Jeep Grand Wagoneer returns after 3 decades as plug-in hybrid luxury truck
- Campbell Soup sees ‘unprecedented demand’ during coronavirus lockdowns
- Microsoft takes on ‘deepfakes’ to stop election disinformation
- Biden walks back threat to shut down US economy
- Pelosi claim of hair salon ‘setup’ is ‘absolutely false,’ business owner says
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg intervened after internal Black Lives Matter debate grew heated: Report
- LA to furlough 15,000 workers because of virus losses
- Study: Electronics could stop 40% of big truck rear crashes
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Skyline Champion President and CEO Mark Yost has been riding high in various circles. The video below is an example. It was captured following his keynote speech to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Building Systems Council.
As nice sounding as some of Yost’s comments were in that video above regarding their caring for the ‘partners’ that are retail-builder-developers, a fair question would be this. How would those retailers impacted by the events described in our report earlier today, linked here, feel about his comments? Do they align well or not?
=== MHProNews Email to Skyline Champion this afternoon ===
We published our report earlier today on the inquiry to you and Mark Yost yesterday. That report is found at the link below.
Early data reflects that the report linked above is the runaway most-read article in today’s emailed news update to our subscribers. With that backdrop, our first question to you.
1) We want to give Skyline Champion an opportunity to react or respond to that report.
Also, we have a source alleging that Skyline contacted MHI about our inquiry to you yesterday.
From: MHI [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2020 7:20 PM
Subject: MHI News & Updates: September 2, 2020 Edition
MHI’s update had an article about lumber pricing. Against that backdrop:
2) Was that after hours email from MHI designed to give Skyline Champion and/or other MHI members cover on the concerns raised by your independent retailers?
You know the drill. Please email your response below each inquiry for our mutual clarity. Thank you.
=== end of quoted portion of MHProNews email to Skyline Champion ===
The data above and below sets a statistical backdrop that might be viewed when possible SEC insider trade filings are examined.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.