Manufactured housing, as with all big-ticket sales, depend upon people who can write the check, or obtain the credit. Those who finance are obviously going to come largely from workers, business owners, or those who get a government guaranteed check, such as retirees. So, the jobs report, and the employment/unemployment data is closely followed by publicly traded companies with good reason. The jobs data for September will be our featured item, along with all of the closing tickers on tracked stocks.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- They investigated Harvey Weinstein and sparked a fire that changed the world
- Hedge fund billionaire compares Tesla to Lehman Brothers
- Meet GE’s $300 million man
- Facebook’s top exec in Washington takes heat for his support of Brett Kavanaugh
- Consumer Reports: Honda CR-Vs plagued by engine trouble
- Mattress Firm files for bankruptcy and will close 700 stores
- Apple helps Samsung profits surge to new highs
- Renault’s low-rolling concept car is made for the good life
- The new frontier of home decorating: Doing it all online
- What sets the best executives apart from everyone else
- Whose side is HR really on?
- The average bitcoin investor is young, rich and male
- A behind-the-scenes look at how the company is using AI to help you shop
- Amazon is using AI in almost everything it does
- I spent 53 minutes in Amazon Go and saw the future of retail
- It’s Amazon’s world. We just live in it.
- What happens when Amazon comes for your business?
- The unemployment rate fell to 3.7%, the lowest level since 1969
- Bernie Sanders’ next minimum wage target: McDonald’s
- Amazon announces $15 minimum wage for all US employees
- Amazon eliminates bonuses for hourly workers
- Why there might not be another TV blockbuster like ‘Game of Thrones’
- ‘Venom’ and ‘A Star Is Born’: Two big films kick off a typically slow October
- Marc Benioff: ‘I want Time magazine to be unshackled’
- Why skinny TV bundles are getting fatter
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- The happiest employees work at these companies
- Stocks down following jobs report
- Jeff Immelt ‘destroyed’ General Electric: Ken Langone
- Pentagon report: US too reliant on China for defense materials
- Kim Kardashian bodyguard sued for $6.1M over Paris heist
- ‘Bye-bye’: Sears is ‘finished,’ retail expert says
- Mattress Firm shuttering up to 700 stores, files for bankruptcy
- GE’s new CEO is making a whopping amount of money
- Verizon offers severance packages to 44,000 workers
- Tesla looks like Lehman Brothers, short-seller David Einhorn says
- Kennedy: Will the tantrums finally end?
- JPMorgan Chase cuts 400 mortgage banking jobs
- These industries are hiking pay to attract workers
- US unemployment rate is lowest since 1969
- These industries hired the most workers in September
- New Zealand firm makes 4-day workweek official
- Highlighted by McGregor fight, UFC 229 likely to shatter sport’s pay-per-view record
- Tesla Autopilot drives better than humans, company stats reveal
- Bugatti’s $5.7 million supercars sold out ‘immediately’
- See the hottest cars from the Paris Motor Show
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Per CNBC, and based upon the Labor Department’s latest data, the following information is presented.
It should be noted that while the projections did not meet expectations, there was also a highly disruptive hurricane the hit the Carolinas last month. It will therefor be interesting to see what occurs in the October report, presuming there is no similar major weather or other largely disruptive event.
· The professional and business services industry led job gains for September.
· The leisure and hospitality sector lagged, according to the Labor Department report.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.