Whatever your thoughts are on the 45th President, one thing is certain. He seems to have a knack for being able to toss in a media narrative conversation changer, often when it is least expected. That’s what happened earlier today, when word came out that former GOP presidential hopeful, talk radio, and Godfather’s Pizza business guru Herman Cain was being considered for a role on the Federal Reserve. On a day when virtually every tracked manufactured home stock rose, the Cain news will be our featured report.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Amazon’s revenue can now be measured in the hundreds of billions, but sales growth is slowing
- Amazon earnings by the numbers
- Foxconn moves forward with construction in Wisconsin
- Stocks have best January in 30 years
- Reports of corporate earnings demise are exaggerated
- General Electric pays $1.5 billion to finally resolve subprime loan allegations
- Solid jobs report expected despite shutdown
- Facebook and Twitter remove thousands of fake accounts tied to Russia, Venezuela and Iran
- Amazon and Walmart are about to take a big hit in India
- Just got laid off? Do these 5 things before you leave
- Did the Fed cave to Wall Street and Washington?
- Drinkable water is scarce. These companies are pulling it out of the air
- Marie Kondo tried to tidy my laptop. Here’s what happened
- Recession in Italy fuels global slowdown fears
- Who’s hurting (and who isn’t yet) from China’s economic slowdown
- Central bankers lack the weapons to fight the next big recession
- China posts slowest economic growth since 1990
- The German economy just had its worst year since 2013
- How the chaos in Venezuela will impact oil prices
- US refineries will feel unintended consequences of Venezuela crackdown
- Next year, the US will export more energy than it imports. That hasn’t happened since 1953
- Solar and wind are booming, while coal keeps shrinking
- Climate is the biggest risk to business (and the world)
- This robot named Stan can park your car at the airport
- Watch the 2019 Super Bowl ads before they air
- Foxconn may change its plans for a Wisconsin factory
- Why the US is making an example out of China’s Huawei
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Amazon’s forecast disappoints despite strong 4Q
- Social Security expansion push gaining steam among Democrats
- Stocks end January with strongest monthly performance in decades
- Bernie Sanders to propose significant wealth tax expansion
- This state now has the most millionaires per capita than any other
- The new millennial retirement dream
- Shrinking down payments, millennial demand transforming real estate: Expert
- Ghirardelli, Russell Stover slapped with $750,000 fine for deceiving customers
- Citgo considers bankruptcy amid Venezuela turmoil: Report
- A plot of land — without a house — in Bel Air is selling for $150 million
- 2020 presidential race: Socialism vs. capitalism
- Keeping an accidental Venmo could become a crime in New Jersey
- General Electric shares soar after profit rebound
- US weekly jobless claims jump to near one-and-a-half year high
- January jobs report: Here’s what to expect on Friday
- Warren slams Sears CEO in 2020 ramp up
- JPMorgan’s Jamie Dimon has ‘no problem’ paying higher taxes
- Chick-fil-A fans get frozen out of free food opportunity
- Polar vortex shutters GM, Ford, Fiat Chrysler plants
- GM said it halted production at 13 manufacturing plants.
- Polar vortex forces USPS to suspend delivery in these areas
- NFL admits blown call in Saints-Rams game amid fan lawsuit
- Super Bowl rings: Fun facts on cost, history and more
- Super Bowl travel costs for Patriots, Rams fans
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
CNBC and Bloomberg are reporting that POTUS Donald J. Trump is mulling nominating Herman Cain for the Fed.
Bullet’s from CNBC:
- Former presidential candidate Herman Cain is under consideration for a Federal Reserve governorship.
- The former Godfather’s Pizza CEO is a former chairman of the Kansas City Fed.
Video from Bloomberg:
Keep in mind the president’s style. Is this a signal for Chairman Jerome Powell too?
Cain had his one-time front runner status as a GOP presidential hopeful derailed when sexually related allegations surfaced.
But in the era of POTUS Trump, that may not matter as much as it once did. In fairness, Democratic President Bill Clinton – while scalded by lying about his affair with a White House intern under oath – won reelection inspite of that and other scandals. Why should Democrats and Republicans be held to separate standards on that point?
Editorially, we liked Cain that year well enough – right up to the point that he floated his 9-9-9 (pizza pie lingo) tax plan. Elminate the income tax, swap it for a VAT tax if you want to – as Cain proposed – but to add a new tax and not eliminate the old would be asking for future tax creep. That said, he may be a good pick for this role. We’ll keep an eye on this for industry readers.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.