Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell spoke today on the state of the U.S. economy, rates, and more. On a day when and the Fed announced their decision to leave interest rates unchanged, stocks soared, and gainers among track stocks outpaced decliners. Our evening focus tonight will be on Chairman Powell’s economic comments.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- A $6.9 billion profit
- Facebook’s endless PR crises don’t appear to be hurting its bottom line
- The Fed leaves rates steady, signaling a cautious approach in uncertain economy
- Markets close higher after Fed leaves interest rates unchanged
- Apple says Facebook’s controversial market research app violated its policies
- Lyft sues to block NYC’s driver minimum wage law
- Dow jumps as much as 500 points on Powell remarks
- Foxconn may drop plans to build flat screens in Wisconsin
- PERSPECTIVES Not all CEOs make good presidents. These are the ones that do
- First on CNN: NY Attorney General targets fake social media activity
- Online H-1B visa registration won’t be ready for H-1B season
- Domino’s rewards customers for buying pizza — even from its competitors
- GE’s stock is soaring. But its turnaround isn’t a sure thing
- Volkswagen nearly killed diesel cars. Now it says they’re making a comeback
- Nissan gives a glimpse of future electric cars
- Bentley Continental GT: Classic style in a modern package
- Robot valets may soon park your car at this airport
- Ford to make all-electric version of its F-150 truck
- Toyota brings back the fast and sporty Supra
- THE NUMBERS ARE OUT
- Boeing 777X-8 and Boeing 777X-9
- Boeing hits sales record and says it’ll only get better
- Tesla posts profit in first earnings report of 2019
- Microsoft revenue misses expectations, stock falls
- iPhone sales dip as Apple’s growth in China slows
- It’s clearer than ever Apple’s problem won’t go away
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Dow surges on Fed rate decision, strong earnings
- Federal Reserve keeps interest rates steady, will be ‘patient’ going forward
- Credit card shopping? 5 things to know
- Credit Card shopping? Consider these five things.
- Keeping an accidental Venmo could become a crime in New Jersey
- Romney ‘grandstanding’ another example of Washington dysfunction: Chris Christie
- Venezuela, ‘Maduro Mafia’s’ top oil customers
- Jeff Bezos’ scandalous divorce and Amazon: Sometimes business is personal
- When crisis hits a CEO’s personal life, it’s hard for a company to know whether to respond or not.
- Chick-fil-A fans get frozen out of free food opportunity
- More than 2,000 flights canceled as ‘deadly’ polar vortex hits the US
- Polar vortex forces USPS to suspend delivery in these areas
- Philips shifting ‘hundreds of millions’ of production due to trade war
- Robots at work: List of companies already using them
- Tesla confirms big bond payment doable amid mixed earnings
- Where Elon Musk took his private jet in 2018
- 4Q GDP report delayed by shutdown, but here’s what to expect
- Shrinking down payments, millennial demand transforming real estate: Expert
- Brexit: What happens next?
- MLB bid for Fox regional sports networks imminent
- NFL admits blown call in Saints-Rams game amid fan lawsuit
- Amazon to reclaim Super Bowl ad spot as it spends big on TV marketing
- WWE takes on Super Bowl LIII halftime show with ‘Halftime Heat’ broadcast
- What America’s most expensive home sale says about US real estate, economy
- Taxes and your wallet: What the average American pays
- Boeing profits soar to record on plane sales, more federal contracts
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Let’s take a break from 2020 politics…
Wage growth is positive. Economic growth will continue, but at a more moderated pace.
Those are some of the top line takeaways from Fed Chairman Jerome Powell’s comments today.
The broader markets rose, as did many but not all manufactured housing industry tracked stocks. There are still those who are busy trying to talk the economy into a recession. Powell’s comments are the latest that would suggest that the indicators don’t reflect that concern. That should be good news for manufactured housing, and the rest of the economy too.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.