SoftBank is the world’s largest private equity fund, and is the driving force behind the new Foxconn manufacturing plant that’s now underway in Wisconsin. They have factory-built-housing connections – some right here in the U.S. President Trump announced that tens of billions in more investments are coming from SoftBank to the U.S. Added details will be our featured report this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Companies that want out of new steel tariffs describe a nightmare
- Costco: America’s favorite store that everyone forgets about
- Nike’s American sales grow for the first time in a year
- Why Pepsi made ‘Uncle Drew’ into a movie
- China opens up more of its economy to foreign companies
- Why Netflix is dominating the streaming world
- BBC apologizes to underpaid editor. She gives her settlement cash to charity.
- Lessons you can learn in business school that aren’t taught in class
- Are your credit card perks shrinking?
- How can I simplify my retirement investments?
- California just passed the strictest online privacy law in the country
- Despite lessons from the past, American cities are optimistic for 2026 World Cup
- Australia picks BAE Systems for $26 billion warship deal
- The US-China trade war will spill into other Asian economies
- Sharp cancels $1.8 billion share sale over trade tensions
- Xiaomi’s shrinking IPO
- Amazon could radically change how you get prescriptions
- H&M needs to offload $4 billion in unsold clothes
- Instagram Stories is now twice as popular as Snapchat
- Hedge fund billionaire to Murdoch: Give Comcast a chance
- Deutsche Bank flunks Fed stress test and 3 other banks get flagged
- Oil prices spike 13% in a week. What the heck is going on?
- Toys ‘R’ US will close its last US stores today
- Why fast food chains like to sell you donut fries and chicken rings
- Chipotle CEO: It could take three years for new menu items to roll out nationally
- Foxconn breaking ground on Wisconsin plant
- Growing pains across America’s biggest oilfield
- Amazon wants you to start a business to deliver its packages
- Amazon just bought itself a pharmacy
- Where’s ZTE? Execs go AWOL at China’s big smartphone fair
- ‘Closed-minded and ill-informed’: Huawei exec blasts US lawmakers
- China slashes tariffs for 5 Asian countries as US trade fight escalates
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- IRS debuts postcard-size 1040 form
- Nike shares run to new record
- Stocks jump on final trading day of 2Q
- Move over OPEC, America is the new king of oil
- Trump says second phase of tax cuts will target middle class ‘even more’
- GM warns on car tariffs: Customers will feel impact
- Ford fires back after Tesla’s Elon Musk calls it a ‘morgue’
- LeBron James to become free agent: report
- The business that’s trying to stop the truck driver shortage
- Ivanka Trump says she advised her dad on immigration crisis
- GOP has the advantage in nation’s top 3 electoral issues: Varney
- Adidas data breach: US customers had contact information, usernames exposed
- 18 minimum wage hikes set to take effect July 1
- Guinness set to open first US brewery in 64 years
- This billionaire claims he can make illnesses ‘optional’
- Ivanka Trump says she stays above the fray, will absorb blows from haters
- The first daughter says it is an ‘extraordinary privilege’ to serve the country.
- Investors Selling Bitcoin and Fleeing Coinbase
- Most Banks Are Increasing Their Capital Returns — but Not Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley
- The top 10 songs and albums on the iTunes Store
- Report: Oil line makes nearly 400 Michigan water crossings
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
“With President Trump in attendance, electronics manufacturer Foxconn broke ground yesterday on a huge new plant in Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin. Once fully operational, the 20 million square foot campus will employ 13,000 American workers,” said the White House press room to MHProNews.
“U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday SoftBank Group Corp Chief Executive Masayoshi Son is increasing his investment in the United States to $72 billion, significantly more than the $50 billion he had previously pledged
“His $50 billion turned out to be $72 billion so far, he’s not finished yet,” President Trump said, without providing details.
In 2016, Son pledged to invest $50 billion dollars and create 50,000 jobs in the United States after meeting then President-Elect Trump.
“I couldn’t have decided such a thing before this new President,” Son said of that decision on Thursday.
SoftBank Group and its Vision Fund, the world’s largest private equity fund which in May last year raised over $93 billion, has made many of its investments in U.S. technology firms including ride-hailing firm Uber Technologies Inc and share-office space firm WeWork.
SoftBank is a key player in factory-built-housing producer Katerra. A special report on Katerra is found, linked below.
The new Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies (JCHS) report indicates that home ownership is going up again, since the Trump Administration has taken their reigns. New investments in factory-built housing obviously are a direct benefit to the builders involved. Moreover, all investments that boost employment and wages fuels the demand for housing. The new JCHS is linked below.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.