“Judge Nap” expresses his take on what the pending AT&T-Time Warner deal could mean for other media deals that are waiting on the sidelines. Could this set a precedent for manufactured housing industry M&As? With manufactured housing stocks mostly up, that pending case and video will be our focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Executives are cashing in on the explosion in stock buybacks
- Uber’s Bozoma Saint John departs company after one year
- Interest rates are about to rise again
- Billions in cryptocurrency wealth wiped out after hack
- G7 chaos is a PR win for China
- OPEC president: US hasn’t asked us for more oil
- Investors love what Italy’s new economy minister is saying
- UK companies will have to explain CEO pay
- The latest brew from Starbucks and Chase: A prepaid card for collecting coffee points
- Craigslist founder gives $20 million to journalism school
- A new approach to cybersecurity: let the hackers in
- How big brands are trying to pull off a recycling revolution
- IHOP reveals the mystery of IHOb
- The 10 biggest tax breaks for individuals
- Chinese companies may invest in North Korea. American? Not so much
- Swiss bank shares rally as voters reject new rules
- Elon Musk’s ‘not a flamethrower’ devices show up on eBay for thousands
- Things don’t look good for Dodge and Chrysler
- National security panel drops objections to Chinese firm’s purchase of American insurer
- Ben Bernanke warns: This is the Wile E. Coyote economy
- Questions pile up about why reporter’s records were seized
- New Yorker’s Adam Davidson: The media is missing a ‘very simple’ story about Trump
- CNN anchors reflect on the life of Anthony Bourdain
- Journalist jailed by Iran: How Anthony Bourdain changed my life
- TV networks, colleagues and fans pay tribute to Anthony Bourdain
- Inside Anthony Bourdain’s globe-trotting career
- Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain: How the press can cover suicide without creating a ‘contagion’
- Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Kitchen Confidential’ becomes Amazon top seller
- Immigrant doctors in rural America are sick of waiting for green cards
- Trump administration’s latest attack on Obamacare would gut protections for the sick
- Disney’s John Lasseter, famed animator, to leave company following ‘missteps’
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- North Korea summit: How Trump will communicate, negotiate with Kim Jong Un
- Stocks cautious ahead of Trump-Kim meeting
- North Korea the next frontier for US businesses?
- Kim’s capitalist kingdom of Korea
- North Korea summit: What success is for Trump, Kim Jong Un
- Net neutrality repeal a ‘blow to binge watchers’
- PG&E shares fall as California links utility company to wildfires
- North Korea cyberattack strength sits in the shadows of nuclear focus
- Rolls-Royce, preparing to cut thousands of jobs, says engine problem has spread
- Cryptocurrencies lose more than $42B following hack, regulatory crackdown
- AT&T-Time Warner ruling sets precedent for Comcast-Disney bidding war: Judge Nap
- Amazon expands Whole Foods Market discounts for Prime members
- IHOP says ‘b’ in new name stands for ‘burgers’
- US watchdog finds violations at Foxconn factory making Amazon devices
- Trump trade beef with Canada: Former Canadian prime minister weighs in
- Elon Musk’s flamethrowers hit eBay with sky-high resale prices
- Trump must re-invite Philadelphia Eagles to White House, Chicago Cubs owner says
President Trump and the Eagles must put politics aside for the go
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
“The decision will very much send a signal as to what to expect from the DOJ in the future,” Judge Andrew Napolitano said on Fox Business Monday morning.
The AT&T- Time Warner merger ruling could set the precedent for other media “M&A” deals in the works, Judge Andrew Napolitano said on Monday.
Court-watchers will be looking for clues in the ruling as to what this might mean for others, including, perhaps manufactured housing.
The president has indicated hinted at times an interest in taking on Amazon.
If so, that may be a parallel to action in the currently lower-profile manufactured housing industry.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.