When left-of-center Bloomberg, and right-of-center Fox Business agree on an issue, is it time to pay more attention? Instead of hearing about a possible run for president in 2020, Facebook and its founder Mark Zuckerberg are ducking a barrage of controversy, which is shrinking shares value, and sparking investigations on Capital Hill.
That will be our market spotlight tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Wall Street would freak out if Trump fired Mueller
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO Alexander Nix
- Regulators, lawmakers up pressure on Facebook over user data and privacy
- Jeff Bezos’ new pet is a robot dog
- Amazon tops Google as second most valuable company in US
- KB Toys aims to fill the void of Toys ‘R’ Us
- Facebook’s stock tumbles again. Data scandal wipes away $50 billion
- Uber’s self-driving car killed someone. What happened?
- United suspends pet cargo flights
- ‘Black Panther’ is the most tweeted about movie ever
- Why your next work meeting could be outside
- Women in Bill O’Reilly defamation suit want settlement agreements made public
- Saudi Arabia’s oil shipments to America have plunged to 1988 levels
- Ex-NFL players to help launch new football league
- German police raid BMW in diesel emissions probe
- Watch: Hugh Jackman’s advice for starting a business
- Google unveils plans to boost news subscriptions and combat fake news
- Dropbox and Spotify to test demand for unicorn tech IPOs
- Weinstein Company lifts NDA’s. Will more victims come forward?
- Watch this home be 3D printed
- What boom? The economy is off to a ‘meh’ start to 2018
- What happens if I take an early 401(k) withdrawal?
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow rises by triple digits; Nasdaq and S&P advance
- Facebook, Twitter, Snap take hits: a social media crackdown?
- Facebook data turmoil: Who is investigating and why?
- How to lose $5B in two days? Just ask Mark Zuckerberg
- Google, Apple on Saudi crown prince’s US to-do list
- 6 big changes the Saudi crown prince has made so far
- Saudi’s $109B corruption crackdown ‘Strongman’ move for crown prince
- Amazon could buy Toys ‘R’ Us stores: report
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos walks robotic dog – richest man’s best friend?
- Ford will turn older cars into Wi-Fi hotspots
- FedEx making 500 Walmart stores the locations for its outlets
- Winter storm warning: 4th Nor’easter in a month takes aim
- The Golden Arches are going green: McDonald’s to cut greenhouse emissions
- California sanctuary city rule may conflict with federal law, mayor says
- Democrats can’t afford to hang electoral hats on illegals: Chaffetz
- Google data request by police is unconstitutional: Judge Napolitano
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,716.94 +4.02(+0.15%)
Dow 30 24,727.27 +116.36(+0.47%)
Nasdaq 7,364.30 +20.06(+0.27%)
Russell 2000 1,570.41 -0.16(-0.01%)
Crude Oil 63.42 +1.36(+2.19%)
Gold 1,310.10 -7.70 (-0.58%)
Silver 16.17 -0.15 (-0.92%)
EUR/USD 1.2243 -0.0091(-0.74%)
10-Yr Bond 2.88 +0.03(+1.20%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Some key quotes from Bloomberg’s new analysis of the growing controversies at Facebook:
“It didn’t escape keen observers that if the Trump campaign used Facebook user data harvested through an app, it did no more than Barack Obama’s 2012 data-heavy re-election campaign,” wrote, Leonid Bershidsky.
“Some studies have shown that Facebook ads can work quite well for businesses. If they also worked for Trump, the CA story is a red herring: It’s Facebook’s own data collection and the tools it makes available to clients that should be the target of scrutiny and perhaps regulation, both from a privacy perspective and for the sake of political transparency,” said Bershidsky.
The flap is reflective of growing concerns that Facebook, along with other tech giants, needs to be better regulated at a minimum, or perhaps broken up under an antitrust action.
In fairness to Facebook, it’s arguably not an issue limited to them. Political manipulation seems to be ever more common in American politics. Or as Guy Benson of Townhall put it last year, “Propaganda Works.”
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.