History says that “Rosh Hashanah commemorates the creation of the world and marks the beginning of the Days of Awe, a 10-day period of introspection and repentance that culminates in the Yom Kippur holiday, also known as the Day of Atonement. Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are the two “High Holy Days” in the Jewish religion.”
Reformed Judaism says that a common greeting is “Shanah tovah um’tukah,” which means “May you have a good and sweet new year.”
Rabbi Yaacov Haber had this to say about “A Different Rosh Hashanah” in 2020.
Heather posted on that YouTube page: “Lovely, bless you!” Dimitri Amato said: “Shanah’ Tovah’ U’Metukah Le Chulam from Italy…”
Our featured focus this evening will be on Dennis Prager, whose informative Prager U ‘5 minute’ videos on various subjects that often include morality and politics, have had well over a billion views. That and more follow the quotable quotes, left right headlines and then the featured focus for tonight.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- A new lease on life
- A former Sears is being repurposed into a high school at Grand Teton Mall and Plaza, Idaho Falls, ID.
- You might be surprised who’s moving in to those sad, abandoned malls
- Stocks tumble at the end of a turbulent week
- Raytheon announces 15,000 job cuts
- Here’s what’s going to happen to TikTok on Sunday
- US will block new WeChat and TikTok downloads this weekend
- TikTok: Is the security threat real?
- The US economy needs more help. Congress is too divided to provide it
- The hot tech IPOs just keep coming
- Unity Software shares surge 44% on Wall Street debut as IPO market sizzles
- Small stocks may thrive in 2021 — no matter who wins the election
- US billionaires’ fortunes have skyrocketed $845 billion since March
- Opinion: The US government needs to save Main Street, not just Wall Street
- Canadian police charge Tesla driver who was allegedly doing 90 miles per hour while asleep
- Elon Musk showcases a new working version of the Neuralink brain implant during a livestream on August 28.
- Workers fear humans implanted with microchips will steal their jobs
- The workplace lawsuits have begun
- Peter Gimre, owner of Gimres Shoe Store in Astoria, Oregon, says running the business in a pandemic is a “whole new ballgame.”
- Six months into the pandemic, this 128-year old shoe store is still standing
- ROBOT UPRISING
- Seven-foot robots are stacking shelves in Tokyo convenience stores
- Robot ‘bees’ could help save the world’s honey bees
- Your Roomba just got a lot smarter
- White Castle is testing a burger-grilling robot
- Robot dogs join US Air Force exercise
- SHOPPING IN BULK
- BJ’s Wholesale Club in Taylor, Michigan.
- Amazon’s stock is getting beat by a warehouse chain. And it’s not Costco
- Sea cucumbers are helping Costco clean up in China
- This discount retailer is crushing it during the pandemic
- Walmart unveils $98-a-year subscription service
- Home Depot to offer two months of Black Friday deals
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Starbucks customer sues company, claims they ruined his sex life
- Starbucks rolling out strawless, sippy-style lids on iced beverages this week
- Starbucks pumpkin spice latte early release reportedly boosted foot traffic, firm says
- Biden pledges to temporarily expand child tax credit during coronavirus pandemic
- HEALTH CARE
- Arthritis drug reduces likelihood COVID patients need ventilator, drugmaker says
- New antibody treatment by Eli-Lilly reduces need for hospitalization, study finds
- Business owners worry about being looted again as riots weigh on minds of voters
- Stocks battling to snap losing streak
- GETTING FIT
- Amazon, Stephen Curry join Tonal home fitness brand’s $110M funding round
- BANNED IN THE USA
- Trump admin. to prevent Americans from downloading TikTok, WeChat
- BUNNY HOPS
- Playboy puts its ears up for possible market return
- HURTS TOO GOOD?
- RICH & FAMOUS
- John Mellencamp’s daughter fires back at critics over her weight-loss program
- WHAT HAPPENS NOW?
- Trump’s unemployment boost expiring in these states as stimulus deal stalls
- SIDE EFFECT
- Why you’ll need to prepare for a smaller paycheck in 2021
- LOCKED AND LOADED
- EXCLUSIVE: NRA raised more in August than any month of ’16 as election nears
- FEELING RECHARGED
- Chinese demand for Model 3, split stock power Tesla shares higher
- OUT OF STYLE?
- Rent the Runway making big change to unlimited subscription membership
- Trump: USPS should raise the price of packaging
- Papa John’s founder John Schnatter responds to pizza chain’s Atlanta move
- These popular pickup trucks are about to get cheaper: What you should know
- Brown University reaches settlement in women’s sports fight
- FOOD & DRINK
- Florida bar owner bans masks, will eject patrons who wear face coverings: ‘I don’t want them here’
- Disney World plans to reopen one water park in 2021
- Cyberfraud prevention firm’s CEO charged with conning investors
- REAL ESTATE
- Budweiser offering free beer to buyer of Florida condo lined floor to ceiling with Bud cans
- White House to announce $11.6B aid package for Puerto Rico: sources
- H-E-B will use robots to fulfill online orders for pick-up, delivery
- UPS offering buyouts to management workers
- Trump announces $13B worth of new relief funding for US farmers
- Apparel group says broad ban on China’s Xinjiang cotton impossible to enforce
- Facebook sets new rules for workplace communication to ease social, political debates
- Biden’s tax plan could hike costs on largest US banks, study finds
- CDC report that dining out risks COVID-19 transmission based on ‘false assumptions’: industry
- Half a million petition Trump to cancel student loan debt
- REAL ESTATE
- High-tax states need to get ‘creative’ to lure back wealthy residents, expert says
- CARS + TRUCKS
- Tesla driver, 20, charged after found asleep at wheel of self-driving car traveling over 90 mph: cops
- SoftBank Group to sell US cellphone distributor Brightstar in latest asset sale
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Who Is Dennis Prager?
“Of all the public figures and media personalities, very few actually change the way you live for the better, but Dennis Prager is certainly one of them. Through PragerU, The Dennis Prager Show, his Fireside Chats and writings like The Rational Bible, Dennis Prager has literally reached billions and touched the lives of millions around the world. So who is Dennis Prager, and why is his career ascending at 70 years old? Allen Estrin, Producer of The Dennis Prager Show and Co-Founder of PragerU, explains.” So says the YouTube page of the video posted below.
A popular Prager U video is the following. It addresses the question “What is democratic socialism? What makes it different than regular socialism? Has it been tried? Could it work in the United States? Comedian and political commentator Steven Crowder, host of Louder With Crowder, explains.”
Prager U says that their videos change minds and hearts. MHProNews has shared numbers of them over the years are part of various reports.
How do you determine right from wrong, good from evil? Two perspectives are dominant: the Judeo-Christian view and the Leftist/Marxist approach. The first approach is the reason America has been such a remarkably good and decent society compared to all others—and Dennis explains why it remains crucial for maintaining a good society.
Among the topics Dennis Prager deals with in this fireside chat are High Holy Days Services.
- 0:00 Welcome From Dennis, Otto & Snoopy
- 2:05 Dennis High Holy Days Services
- 5:00 What Dennis Would Rather Discuss
- 6:00 America Is Good
- 8:00 America Could Be Destroyed
- 8:55 Excellence & Wisdom Over Diversity
- 14:22 Right & Wrong: Determined By Morality
16:14 Right & Wrong: Determined By Marx
- 19:05 The Left’s Undoing Of A Moral Standard
- 20:50 The Left Wants You To Be Unhappy
- 24:31 Justice Vs. Revenge
- 27:06 Dennis’s Collection On The Mantel
- 29:40 Thank You For Watching
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.