Yesterday, we posted an update on Cavco Industries. Not long after, we received a news tip from a source with a legal insight on their SEC related woes. That will be our market update, found further below, this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- This new technology can fully charge an electric car in 15 minutes
- By Ivana Kottasová, CNN Business
- A group of companies including German firms BMW, Porsche and Siemens say they have developed technology that could help make super-fast charging a reality.
- Costco: Retail’s overlooked holiday winner
- GE’s biggest bear offers a glimmer of hope
- Trump says GM ‘is not going to be treated well’ after layoffs
- New soybean orders from China aren’t showing up in trade data — yet
- Nearly half of US finance chiefs fear a 2019 recession
- Huawei’s CFO is out on bail, but the crisis sparked by her arrest is snowballing
- ANALYSIS How China could retaliate against US and Canadian companies
- As a man of color, he couldn’t find a razor he liked. So he created his own
- Renault says it needs more information on Ghosn allegations
- Apple is spending $1 billion on a new campus in Austin
- California proposes a plan to tax text messages
- How the National Enquirer broke up with President Trump
- A year-end checklist for your investments
- Google is wading into India’s huge online shopping market
- Virgin Galactic’s supersonic plane reaches space
- China bans sale of most iPhone models
- How VR is helping flyers and dental patients calm down
- 5G smartphones are coming in 2019. What does that mean?
- GoPro moving some production out of China to avoid US tariffs
- New York Times: Chinese hackers behind massive Marriott breach
- How toxic ideas about masculinity corrode the workplace
- The hidden costs of commuting while female
- What it’s like to be labeled the wrong gender at work
- What GM’s Mary Barra learned early on: Speak up and stop saying sorry
- #MeToo identified a disease that infects business. We still have a long way to go
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Top picks for 2020, according to Bloomberg’s former campaign manager
- Apple pouring $11B into new Texas campus
- Amazon workers look to unionize in face of big HQ2 investment: Report
- Apple vs. Amazon: A tale of new headquarters
- GM won’t be treated well after plant closures, Trump warns
- Workers are ‘ghosting’ employers in booming US labor market: Report
- Alan Greenspan dishes on the economy, what’s ahead in 2019
- Stocks waffle as investors rotate into defensive areas
- GE shares pop, worst may be over
- Oil drop hits hedge funds and threatens shale producers
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Curt Schilling involved in Twitter spat
- CBS turmoil: Ex-’60 Minutes’ boss could sue over leaked misconduct probe, report says
- Boy Scouts of America may file for bankruptcy protection amid sex-abuse lawsuits
- UK’s May is now in limbo, powerless
- Want a luxury car? These 6 are the best to buy used
- Buying a winter home? Here are the hottest markets
- Things that will cost more in 2019
- Continue to Personal Finance
- Housing: The new recession-proof investment?
- Starbucks partners with Uber Eats: Lattes to your door
- SeaWorld won’t face criminal charges in DOJ’s ‘Blackfish’ probe
- US whiskey exports rise amid trade fight
- PG&E discloses new info that could pin them to CA wildfire
- The US-China ‘trade war’ is really a conflict over technology. Huawei proves it.
- Dems impeachment desire could backfire: Kennedy
- How we should prepare to rebuild America’s infrastructure
- Here are the new tax brackets for 2019
- Rates typically apply to taxes filed in 2020.
- 10 online holiday shopping safety tips
- Holiday debt: Tips to avoid overspending
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Per a news tip from an informed source, “BTW, you [MHProNews] mention lawsuits [in your market report]. I’m routinely monitoring Cavco’s SEC filings. Within the last few days, they filed amended bylaws which, among other things, make the Delaware state courts the mandatory venue for derivative lawsuits.
So, it seems to me that they’re expecting incoming, and are trying to force shareholder plaintiffs into a forum that would be most favorable for them (i.e.: Cavco).
It’s all on the SEC “Edgar” site.”
The “incoming” are a reference to the shareholders plaintiffs, who are part of the report linked below.
MHProNews has no positions in any track stocked.
Tomorrow is the Legacy Housing’s (LEGH) IPO.
Yesterday’s Related Report on Cavco is linked below.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.