It has been about a month since the news rocked Cavco Industries that Joe Stegmayer had stepped down as Chairman and CEO in the wake of a subpoena issued by the SEC. We’ll look at the latest as our featured report, below.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Nearly half of US finance chiefs fear a 2019 recession
- ‘I begged them for help’: Wells Fargo foreclosure nightmare
- Procter & Gamble builds a strategy to win African-American consumers
- Huawei’s CFO is out on bail, but the crisis sparked by her arrest is snowballing
- ANALYSIS How China could retaliate against US and Canadian companies over Huawei
- Chinese companies threaten to punish employees caught using Apple products
- National Enquirer publisher AMI strikes deal with prosecutors in Michael Cohen probe
- New York Times: Chinese hackers behind massive Marriott breach
- Virgin Galactic’s Thursday test flight shoots for record heights
- Rolls Royce is stockpiling parts as Brexit chaos threatens ‘national crisis’
- Nissan shares evidence against Carlos Ghosn with Renault
- Tencent Music IPO ends up at bottom of price range
- ‘Morning Joe’ co-host Mika Brzezinski apologizes for crude remark about Mike Pompeo
- Amazon Go is going small with tiny, cashier-free stores
- Dow jumps on new US-China trade hopes
- When you buy a designer bag off Instagram, an influencer gets paid. Here’s how
- How toxic ideas about masculinity corrode the workplace
- Huawei CFO facing extradition to US is released
- Million-dollar homes and a battle against cancer: What court papers reveal about Meng Wanzhou
- How the Huawei arrest happened
- Who Is Meng Wanzhou?
- Lyft co-founder and president John Zimmer.
- Lyft’s John Zimmer put it all on the line to catch Uber
- Forget Bezos. Marc Benioff is having a moment
- How Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi got comfortable with reinvention
- As problems pile up, Mark Zuckerberg stands his ground in exclusive CNN Business interview
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Britain’s May survives no-confidence vote by lawmakers
- In concession to Trump, China reportedly preparing to open up market
- Marriott data breach traced to Chinese hackers
- Dow closes up triple digits as US-China trade tensions ease
- Ex-MLB star Curt Schilling rips Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in Twitter spat
- U-Haul, Dick’s Sport Goods could swoop in on Sears bankruptcy
- Under Armour plunges as revenue guidance misses expectations
- Amazon workers look to unionize in face of big HQ2 investment: Report
- California lawmakers want to tax text messaging next
- Dave & Buster’s CEO: Skipped chicken wings special for NFL games hurt sales
- Want a luxury car? These 6 are the best to buy used
- Do you have enough saved for retirement? Here’s how to tell
- Married taxpayers may face penalty in these states
- PG&E discloses new info that could pin them to CA wildfire
- CEO departures highest since 2008. Here’s a list of the big ones
- America’s water infrastructure at risk?
- Paper straw demand up 5,000 percent since plastic ban
- Female-led films are surpassing male ones at the box office
- Trump Fed comments ‘bad’ to do publicly: Former Philadelphia Fed president
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The 30-day trend suggests that Cavco Industries (CVCO) may have finally found its bottom.
For newcomers, it is worth noting that Third Avenue bailed on Cavco prior to the announcement, see that linked report, by clicking on the box below.
The initial rush of law firms that specialize in shareholder related legal issues has apparently subsided.
Sources inside Cavco are understandably mum since the original rash of statements. What happens with the SEC is of course a top issue.
The insider trade by Charlie Lott from the Fleetwood side of Cavco is a possible warning sign.
Arguably, some of the drop after the initial bad news shock wore off investors was from broader market moves, such as the plunge of the FAANG stocks.
The Daily Business News will continue to monitor and report as relevant items appear. If the SEC matter is satisfactorily resolved in a manner that avoids serious legal costs and headaches, then the case could be made that Cavco should begin to recover. Time, of course, will tell.
See related reports by clicking the relevant linked box.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.