It wasn’t that long ago when JP Morgan said they thought U.S.-Chinese trade tensions would be a skirmish, not a war. That’s changed, which will be our evening focus on a day when stocks retreated.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Workplace sexual harassment claims have spiked in the #MeToo era
- Snapchat stock is now below $8
- How Hershey is getting people to buy candy online
- It’s Amazon’s world. We just live in it
- Sheryl Sandberg practices ‘ruthless prioritization’
- Amazon eliminates bonuses and stock awards for hourly workers
- Bernie Sanders: McDonald’s should pay $15 an hour
- Clean energy is coming. What’s Exxon waiting for?
- CNN EXCLUSIVE Forget Bezos. Marc Benioff is having a moment
- Time puts Christine Blasey Ford on the cover
- Bond yields rise to 7-year high. Time to worry?
- New York has a new Playboy Club. Is it nostalgic – or tone-deaf?
- Costco’s secret weapon: $1.50 hot dogs
- Tesla’s secret success story
- The Model 3 is the top-selling luxury car despite the Elon Musk dumpster fire
- Judge assigns Elon Musk and the SEC an essay on settlement
- Tesla calms fears with strong sales numbers
- Investors cheer Elon Musk’s SEC deal
- Elon Musk stepping down as Tesla chairman
- See Tesla become airborne for over 100 feet
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Nike ‘deeply concerned’ about Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation
- Stocks lower, putting Dow march to 27,000 on hold
- Federal workers could see a 1.9% pay bump against Trump’s wishes
- ‘Bye-bye’: Sears is ‘finished,’ retail expert says
- Verizon offers severance to about 44,000 employees
- Boeing-backed startup looks to make electric planes mainstream by 2020
- Walmart recalls thousands of axes for injury risk
- Apple, Amazon deny report of servers being compromised by spying microchips
- Kennedy: Is Cory Booker the new moral arbiter?
- Inside Amazon’s minimum wage hike
- Amazon’s minimum wage increase comes with this major drawback
- Bernie Sanders reacts to Amazon slashing stock, incentives bonuses for hourly workers
- Will Amazon’s $15 minimum wage cost US jobs?
- Barnes & Noble shares soar on potential sale of company
- These stores are closed on Thanksgiving
- Mattress Firm prepping bankruptcy filing: Report
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
JP Morgan has taken a step toward the view that Alibaba’s Jack Ma said, that the U.S. Chinese trade war will be more serious than previously thought, said CNBC.
Ma said it could last 20 years, as the Daily Business News on MHProNews has previously reported.
Some American manufactured home companies have used Chinese suppliers for years, so its both a macro as well as a micro issue for industry observers and professionals.
At a recent press conference, President of the United States (POTUS) Donald J. Trump said that he called off a new round of trade negotiations with China, saying that they were not yet ready. Meanwhile, a trade deal with South Korea has been announced. A new trade pact replacing NAFTA, the USMCA was announced earlier this week. And possible trade deals with Japan and the EU are also in the works.
All of those are potential pressure points on China, which is likely part of the U.S. and POTUS Trump’s strategy.
Ma said the US-China trade war could last 20 years. That may seem unlikely. But the fact that JP Morgan now has joined the expectation for continuing trade tensions is one investors should note. Another potential data point is this question. Will Chinese prefabs being shipped to the U.S. be curtailed as a result of rising tariffs?
That said, analysts said it was mostly rising rates that caused the drop in the markets today. Historically, rising rates on conventional housing used to be a signal that manufactured home sales would rise. Will that old trend return? It’s uncertain, because new headwinds are in play, even though the affordable housing crisis should suggest that the opposite ought to be true.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.