It has been some time since we’ve looked for potentially relevant infographics from Visual Capitalist. Frankly, some of their items seem agenda driven, others less so. We strive to curate content that has as much objectivity as possible, and when a footnote or comment is needed to illustrate the bias, regular readers know that we supply that here on MHProNews. The classic example of that claim is the left-right media bias chart, which is part of every evening’s report, further below.
During the end of the old year and the start of the new, it is traditional for media to do some navel gazing. What did we learn? What might be ahead?
Courtesy of VC, we have a number of items that a consensus of various media commentators placed their ‘bets’ on in terms of their relevant trends or expectations for 2020. Let’s peek at that list of predictions from Visual Capitalist as our featured item tonight.
Periodic readers of this business-nightly feature should note there are a few tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Newsy, Peeling Back Media Bias, Manufactured Housing Sales, Investing, Politics, and You
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business.
- A bright spot – The housing market could continue to prop up the US economy in 2020
- What to expect from the December jobs report
- Bed Bath & Beyond is in deep trouble. And it could get worse
- Boeing shares rise on reports that Iran may have shot down a Ukrainian 737
- IPhones are flying off the shelves in China again
- The push to dump fossil fuel stocks heats up
- Trump’s trade deal with China won’t save the global economy
- Lebanon slaps travel ban on Carlos Ghosn
- CES banned sex tech last year. Now it’s all the rage
- These were the most talked-about products at CES
- Billionaire giving away $9 million to Twitter followers to see if it improves their happiness
- Startup releases list of 7 biggest retirement mistakes people make
- Lime pulls its scooters out of 12 markets and lays off staff
- Employees assist customers at the checkout counter of a J.C. Penney Co. store at the Gateway Shopping Center in the Brooklyn borough of New York, U.S., on Saturday, Aug. 8, 2015. J.C. Penney Co. is scheduled to release earnings figures on Aug. 14.
- America has turned its back on big department stores like Macy’s and JCPenney
- LAS VEGAS, NEVADA – JANUARY 06: The Mercedes-Benz Vision AVTR concept car is displayed during a keynote address at CES 2020 at Park Theater at Park MGM on January 6, 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada. It was the world premiere unveiling of the vehicle. CES, the world's largest annual consumer technology trade show, runs through January 10 and features about 4,500 exhibitors showing off their latest products and services to more than 170,000 attendees. (Photo by Mario Tama/Getty Images)
- The far out and futuristic cars of CES
- Five ways to get organized and be more productive at work
- 6 ways to be a better boss and a happier one
- The best skills to have on your resume
- The hazards of being CEO
- What to do if you’re asked to sign a non-compete agreement
- Sonos sues Google over smart speaker technology
- Lands’ End sued Delta workers over uniforms
- Ikea to pay $46M to family of toddler crushed by dresser
- Couple from ‘The Bachelor’ under investigation
- Diet soda doesn’t have to lead to weight loss, court rules
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business.
- New York gov. slams ‘abusive’ economy, may follow California on regulation
- Cuomo’s support for new regulations on gig workers and the companies that rely on them comes shortly after California’s AB5.
- Gavin Newsom proposes selling California-brand generic drugs
- Boeing’s all-star board bears blame for flawed corporate culture, experts say
- Boeing stock takes off after US says Iran blasted jetliner out of sky killing 176
- EXCLUSIVE: Commerce Sec. says infrastructure in ‘desperate’ need of fixing
- Trump: We won’t stop until US infrastructure is ‘envy of world again’
- RECORD HIGHS: Major averages surge as Dow nears 29,000 level for first time
- World’s largest tech show reveals daily life in next decade
- US Soccer star flees training in Qatar amid boiling Mideast tensions
- Amazon’s Ring fires rogue staffers for spying on people amid string of hacks
- Guilt-free health snacks guilty of not disclosing some ingredients, FDA says
- State officials consider tapping into beer sales to give college funds buzz
- ‘Three’s Company’ star Suzanne Somers reveals secret to staying young forever
- Bill Clinton seen smoking cigar, enjoying himself aboard Epstein’s jet
- Giant brewery chugging into crowded hard seltzer market as beer dries up
- Alex Trebek gives solemn health update during ‘Greatest of All Time’ show
- The best places in US to raise a family
- Trump previews how he may play ‘phase two’ of China talks amid election
- Mormon woman sues church for allegedly reporting husband’s sex misconduct confession
- EXCLUSIVE: Carole Ghosn says, ‘Anything is better than Carlos being in Japan’
- Hot and heavy: Fast-food favorite accepting reservations for Valentine’s Day service
- Biggest loser? Celeb trainer’s comments on pop star Lizzo spark uproar
- High Times publisher hires former Overstock president as CEO
- Streaming wars push Hollywood to a record number of new TV series
- ClassPass sprints ahead as flagging Peloton struggles to keep spinning ahead
- Twitter users could win part of Japanese billionaire’s fortune
- Fed’s Clarida hints at future of interest rates
- Court reverses $35M verdict against Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Democratic donor Ed Buck sued by overdose victim’s family
- Google ordered to turn over Jussie Smollett’s personal data: report
- Oil, natural gas price ratio thrown out of wack
- 8 million student loan borrowers must do this in 2020
- Tariffs force Europe’s Airbus to make parts in America
- Tesla domination of Ford, GM costs short-sellers $2B in 2020
- Costco sales spike 11% on holiday cocktail of toys and liquor
- ABC making Thirtysomething reboot thirty years later
- Subaru recalls nearly half a million vehicles over dangerous air bag inflators
- Statue mocking Trump in Melania’s Slovenian hometown torched
- Hollywood to use AI to pick next box office hit
- UK royals scramble to contain Harry, Meghan announcement
- CBS-ousted Charlie Rose admits to flirting with big-name coworkers
- New York’s bail reform has criminals ‘dancing in the halls’: Nancy Grace
- CFOs preparing for economic slowdown as 2020 election looms
- Job creation was strong in 2019, but could be worst in a decade
- Facebook’s latest political ads move likely to anger critics
- UAW president says he can ‘withstand the scrutiny’ of federal investigators
- Hooters going meatless with new chicken dish
- Varney: Democrats are blinded by their hatred of Trump
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics and Investing Meet
Place your bets. The more ‘chips,’ the more likely is the apparent rationale per the experts that were surveyed.
Specifically, here is what Visual Capitalist provided as their methodology for the charts below.
“A note on methodology: To make sure we captured a robust cross section of predictions for the coming year, we spent the month of December tracking down and analyzing hundreds of articles, whitepapers, and interviews from respected sources. For this exercise, we chose to focus on four broad, interconnected themes – the economy, consumerism, real estate, and technology. In the end, we analyzed 100+ published pieces, and captured 150+ predictions. We focused on content from media publications in Comscore’s top 100, major banks and consultancies, and brands and agencies with high-quality thought leadership. In the end, we highlighted the 25 predictions that appeared the most often.”
While housing in general and affordable manufactured homes in particular are the clear focus here, we periodically remind readers of the obvious. Other events and parts of the economy impact housing.
Much of last year, there were plenty of voices predicting a recession in 2019. That was a nothing burger. Some might say, an attempt at an agenda driven non-event.
Now, the consensus is that some 80 percent of those in the survey expect 2020 to be a good year.
For other macro-reports and how they impact MHVille. see the related reports, below.
Twilight Zone – Housing Shortage Gets Worse, What Manufactured Housing ‘Leaders” Are Missing, plus Manufactured Home Investing, Stock Updates
“Committed Liberal” “Most Criticisms…Valid” Platform “Flaws Exposed,” plus Manufactured Home Investing, Stock Updates
Applying Democratic, Republican & Barak Orbach’s Monopolization Logic to Affordable Housing Crisis Impacting Manufactured Home Industry
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
· LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP each are suppliers to the manufactured housing industry, among others.
· AMG, CG, and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses. For insights from third-parties and clients about our publisher, click here.
Enjoy these ‘blast from the past’ comments.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has now celebrated our tenth anniversary.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
Celebrating 10 Years of Goal- and Solution-Oriented Manufactured Home Industry Innovation Information, and Inspiration for Industry Professionals
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.