Manufactured housing’s Arlington based association has taken its expected victory lap on the signing of the “Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act,” as predicted. But MHI has had more than one slap-in-the-face this week, and that backhand came from among the ranks of the post-production sector. That gut punch has come from former MHI members. Juxtapose that with the news about the mainstream housing values report rising, and you have the bookends for yet another sign that the industry could be doing much, much better. That later, broader housing market point will be our featured report, tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Netflix is now worth more than Disney and Comcast
- How Starbucks will train its staff to be less biased
- Stocks sink after Trump cancels North Korea summit
- GDPR, explained
- Everything you need to know about Europe’s new data law
- After Russia scandal, Facebook begins labeling political ads
- US car tariffs: Which countries have the most to lose?
- Richard Branson wants you to rethink cruises
- US car imports may be the next target for tariffs
- Companies have spent a stunning $2 trillion on mergers so far this year
- Exxon pledges to slash greenhouse gas emissions
- Many college grads from the Great Recession are still trying to catch up
- Facebook will push privacy alert to users outside EU ahead of GDPR
- Apple now lets Europeans download all the data it holds on them
- Too many GDPR emails? Twitter has some light relief
- Turkey’s economy at risk as currency hits record low
- War of the media moguls: Is Comcast’s Brian Roberts outflanking Disney’s Bob Iger?
- Younger workers are making this major financial mistake
- How to save $9,000 on your mortgage
- Best Buy’s strong sales leave Wall Street wanting more
- Deutsche Bank is cutting more than 7,000 jobs
- CEO and 7 directors quit sanction-hit Russian aluminum giant
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow drops as Trump says North Korean meeting canceled
- Dodd-Frank rollback ‘welcome news’ for small banks
- What you need to know about Dodd-Frank rollback
- Twitter rolls out stricter rules ahead of midterm elections
- War on straws: 5 eco-friendly alternatives to plastic
- McDonald’s among companies facing pressure.
- Uber Arizona fatality: NTSB says self-driving SUV’s automatic braking was disabled
- United Airlines reaches ‘resolution’ with family over dog death
- Google, Apple could also face ‘Amazon taxes’
- GDPR takes effect: What you need to know
- Could Apple’s new second headquarters land here?
- IRS may squash SALT workarounds in high-tax states
- Kroger buys Home Chef, maker of meal kits
- Susan G. Komen Foundation honors FBN’s Gerri Willis with ‘Impact Award’
- Here’s how much ObamaCare premiums will rise in 2019
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Zillow has published a new report, which will get a deeper treatment on the Daily Business News in the days ahead.
The top-lines from Zillow, via a release to MHProNews are as follows.
- Home Values Rise at Fastest Pace in 12 Years
- Median home values across the nation rose 8.7 percent over the past year to $215,600, according to the April Zillow Real Estate Market Report
- Home values across the U.S. are rising at their fastest pace since June 2006.
- The median U.S. home value is $215,600, up 8.7 percent over the past year
- Home values are rising the fastest in San Jose, Calif., Las Vegas and Seattle. San Jose home values appreciated 26 percent since last April.
- Median U.S. rent rose 2.5 percent over the past year to $1,449. California markets Sacramento and Riverside reported the greatest increases in median rent.
Each of these facts ought to spell out indirectly why manufactured housing ought to be roaring, not snoring.
The video below will give you a snapshot from a local media outlet on the Zillow report, and give another indicator as to just how much housing values are rising.
There are several reasons that this matters the MHVille.
Want the cliff notes? See the linked related reports, below – ICYMI. To sign up for our industry-leading, 2x weekly emailed headline news, click here. From large-medium-small, enterprises of all sizes are on this read-hot e-news list.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.