When it comes to affordable housing, as an upcoming Daily Business News on report will reflect here on MHProNews, saving existing housing is often among the most affordable options. That may sound counterintuitive for a manufactured housing trade publisher to say, but facts are facts. In order to grasp the housing market, and affordable housing side of that multiple trillion-dollar U.S. marketplace, one should have a general sense of the big picture. On the 40th anniversary of the founding of home improvement giant Home Depot, right-of-center Fox Business interviewed co-founders Bernie Marcus and Ken Langone, which will be balanced by a left-of-center CNBC video. On a day when many of the broader market stocks and manufactured housing related firms were mixed, that will be our featured report for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
- Experts think oil demand could top out in 2035. Here’s what that means for the world economy
- McDonald’s started using fresh meat. Here’s what happened to sales
- Whole Foods is testing out a British meatless meat company
- The Dow failed to hit a new record high
- The Fed is likely cutting rates. Goldman Sachs says Wall Street isn’t giving them a choice
- The diesel scandal just destroyed profit growth at Daimler
- Ann Sarnoff named chair and CEO of Warner Bros. She is the first woman to run the studio
- Hollywood is having a bad summer. It’s killing movie theater stocks
- Wonders of the universe
- Hiring a wealth adviser just got a little easier. There are still risks
- Big Tech must be regulated now, Bill Gates says
- Super rich call for tax on the wealthy
- The economy is still bruised from the Great Recession
- Toys ‘R’ Us plans to return in the United States
- Overstock’s exit from retail is getting back on track
- Kohl’s won over moms. Now it’s going after Millennials
- The future of Lululemon is men’s clothes and shampoo
- Believe it or not, dollar stores are thriving
- BUSINESS OF CANNABIS
- ‘Museum of Weed’ comes to Hollywood
- Cannabis sales could hit $15 billion globally this year
- Veteran cannabis company Harborside joins wave of US firms listing on Canadian exchange
- Thrive Market, an online retailer, is forced to stop selling CBD
- Why cannabis stocks are soaring
- SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy will launch Bill Nye’s science experiment into orbit
- The world’s favorite super-cheap computer just got a big upgrade
- Xiaomi's latest devices are aimed at a younger user base.
- Xiaomi asked art majors to help design its latest smartphones
- Baby Elon Musk, rapping Kim Kardashian: Welcome to the world of silly deepfakes
- Stocks mixed on rising US-Iran tensions, Trump-Xi meeting
- Bitcoin hits $11K: A timeline of cryptocurrency’s rise, fall and rebound
- George Soros among billionaires asking for wealth tax
- Average retirement-age Americans have this much in their 401(k), report says
- ‘Toy Story 4’ tops weekend box office[overlay type]
- MEDIA & ADVERTISING
- ‘Toy Story 4’ tops weekend box office
- “Toy Story 4” brought the box office to life following a three-week slump of underperforming sequels.
- Supreme Court rejects challenge to Trump’s tariffs on imported steel
- WATCH: Home Depot co-founder: Bernie Sanders is the ‘enemy of every entrepreneur’
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Caesars Entertainment in $17.3B deal
- Trump signs executive order to impose ‘hard-hitting’ sanctions on Iran
- Gold climbs toward 6-year peak on heightened US-Iran tensions, dovish central banks
- Justin Bieber vs Tom Cruise fight would be UFC’s richest purse ever, Dana White says
- Bill Gates says he made this ‘very large sacrifice’ during Microsoft’s early years
- Employees need these 3 things in the workplace to find happiness, expert says
- JetBlue sues Walmart over Jetblack for trademark infringement: report
- Microsoft prohibits employees from using Slack, report says
- George Soros among billionaires asking for wealth tax
- Beto O’Rourke proposes ‘war tax’ to fund health care for US vets
- Varney: When it comes to money, America makes it rain
- Trish Regan: Trump shows real strength on Iran
- Student loan regrets: Don’t be a victim
- White House gears up for highly-anticipated Trump, Xi meeting at G20
- Elon Musk says humanity is facing an ‘aging and declining population’
- Florida nets $17B as wealth relocate from high-tax states: Report
Today’s markets and stocks snapshot, at the closing bell…
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Having covered several topics last week through the lens of left-of-center media, we’ll turn this evening to a right-of-center business news source first before providing some balance from left-of-center CNBC.
Fox Business interviewed co-founders Bernie Marcus and Ken Langone on the challenges they faced getting the retailer off the ground to become the success it is today and the potential pitfalls of socialism.
The co-founders of Home Depot spoke in part about Bernie Sanders (VT-I) who caucuses with Democrats and is running for the 2020 Democratic nomination for president. If the self-described Democratic Socialist Sanders were president when they tried to open their business in 1978, the home-improvement retailer may never have existed, said billionaires Marcus and Langone.
“Home Depot is the poster child for capitalism,” Marcus said.
Langone agreed, “if the people in America today … if they want to know what the future holds for them following Bernie Sanders, go to Cuba, Venezuela, Russia, Eastern Europe. Guess what? It doesn’t work.”
The pair also weighed in on the vexing tariffs and trade issue and related issues that Kevin Clayton, President and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway owned Clayton Homes tackled in May on left-of-center CNBC.
Lagone and Marcus have their say in the video above, while those who may have missed Kevin Clayton’s say is found below.
Someone with the handle CC posted a comment on Clayton’s video interview above that said: “sounds like your company is filling your homes with Chinese made products, if the price is going up, why not consider something made in the US?”
Yahoo Finance Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.