The American people are disgusted and exhausted by revenge politics, says former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz. Schultz has been traveling for 7 weeks and claims he has not once heard someone ask him about the Mueller report or the now debunked Russian collusion, for instance. On a day when the Russell and the other 3 main indices rose, and manufactured home stocks almost all rose, our featured report this evening is an interesting look at a Democrat, pondering an independent run in 2020, taking aim at both sides.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Boeing faces one of its worst crises ever
- Even after two fatal crashes, Boeing is still competitive with its biggest rival
- Europe just passed sweeping new copyright rules, dealing a blow to big tech companies
- What you need to know about Europe’s new copyright law
- LIVE UPDATES Dow rallies 141 points even as Apple retreats
- Wall Street firms made $27 billion last year. That’s the biggest haul since 2010
- MARKETS NOW Don’t sweat the inverted yield curve
- Retail chains say cash is obsolete. Critics say that’s discrimination
- Huawei unveils new smartphones in Europe
- EU won’t ban Huawei’s 5G equipment
- Apple promises customers a safer digital world — for a price
- Judge recommends blocking some iPhones from entering the United States
- Activist investors want to clean house at Bed Bath and Beyond
- The coal company helping to lead America’s clean energy revolution
- The bond market flashed recession. So why is the stock market booming?
- You should probably update your iPhone. It needs a bunch of critical security fixes
- We asked CNN Business readers what makes a great boss. Here’s what you said
- Colorado Cultivars Hemp Farm is one of the largest hemp farms in the U.S. on September 5, 2017 in Eaton, Colorado.
- Suddenly, CBD is everywhere. Here’s what’s next
- He took the leap into cannabis. Now everyone is following
- America’s stores take the leap into cannabis products
- World’s biggest beer company may make cannabis drinks
- Perspectives: Banks don’t want to work with marijuana companies. That needs to change
- APPLE’S BIG EVENT
- ANALYSIS Apple just made one of its boldest bets ever
- Not everyone thinks Apple Card is a game changer
- Catch up on everything announced at Apple’s event
- Apple’s new TV looks a lot like the old TV
- Tim Cook introduces Apple News+
- Apple TV+ gets star-studded intro
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Boeing ‘humbled and learning’ after Ethiopian Airlines crash, CEO Muilenburg says
- Apple’s new credit card draws skepticism from partner Goldman Sachs
- WATCH: Howard Schultz rips Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal as ‘fantasy’
- Apple targets core customers with new credit card, but skimpy rewards draw criticism
- NASA scraps all-female spacewalk over suit sizing dilemma
- Howard Schultz: Mueller probe a prime example of government dysfunction
- Trump administration now wants to dismantle ObamaCare in its entirety
- Activists attack Bed Bath & Beyond, shares jump
- Kamala Harris seeks $315B to dramatically raise teachers’ salaries
- Why it is important to have a will
- Opinion – Yield-curve inversion: Why you should care
- Giants CEO Larry Baer suspended without pay over altercation with wife
- Trump federal bump stock ban goes into effect
- Nike case recordings against Michael Avenatti shows his ‘angry and out of control side,’ attorney says
- ‘Empire’ star Jussie Smollett’s salary, net worth compared to co-stars
- Avocados recalled in six states over listeria fears
- Wall Street bonuses sink even as profits hit $27B
- Michelle Obama’s ‘Becoming’ may be best-selling memoir ever
- Wayfair to open first brick-and-mortar store
- Facebook removes thousands of fake accounts from Russia, Iran
- These are the 10 biggest lottery jackpots in US history – and the people who won them
- Varney: It’s Trump’s time to counter punch the media
- Mueller report turns media into orgy of Trump hatred: Varney
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Listen to what billionaire businessman and former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz has to say about what President Trump is right about, what he questions both parties on, and how he thinks there is a path for a political independent to get to 270 in 2020.
Schultz torches the Green New Deal and Medicare for all. He says there is no Republican alternative to ObamaCare yet on the table. Whatever you may think of the Democrat-Republican divide, its an interesting take from a successful business professional who certainly sounds like he may roll the dice on an independent run for the White House in 2020.
In the wake of the Mueller Report’s release let’s be clear. President Trump won’t be easy for any Democrat on the stage right now to beat, despite the fact that some polling indicates that Senator Bernie Sanders and former Vice President Joe Biden could both win as the Democratic nominee. MHProNews doesn’t buy it, unless there is some real bombshell, not some new ‘fake news’ accusation.
That said, every election is about turnout of a candidate’s base, and wooing the independents. Each side has to work like it is winnable or losable.
What manufactured housing professionals must ask themselves is the Ronald Reagan question. Are you better off than 2 years ago? In 2020, when it comes time to select your candidate, who’s policies are better for the industry, better for America, and better for a ‘rising tide that lifts all boats?’
It’s an exciting race, and we’ll be with you every step of the way with curated, third party insights, plus our own unique analysis. Thanks for checking in.
Tunica Show attendees? Make sure you check in tomorrow for a special report. Our thanks too for the many who came up and shared their thoughts on the issues that we track for the industry at large, and its hardy independents.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.