Programing note: there will be a special MH market report tomorrow focused on the latest big MH deal.
The national championship game is tonight, and the president spoke to farmers en route to the big game today. Farmers are a group that has long done business with manufactured housing retailers.
Herschel Walker will be at tonight’s college football national championship game, and will meet with the president.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Weight Watchers stock soars after Oprah speech
- Trump clamps down on El Salvador’s ‘lifeline’
- Visa and Aflac boost 401(k) match after tax overhaul
- How tax reform could reshape state budgets
- Apple releases new security updates
- Oprah ‘actively thinking’ about 2020 run Trending
- This TV rolls up like wrapping paper
- Coming soon? Self-driving Pizza Hut delivery truck
- Facebook to shut down M, its personal assistant
- Wall Street worried by the lack of worry
- ‘Fire and Fury’ publisher responds to Trump legal threat
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- CES 2018: Tech CEOs lay out vision for the future
- Toyota unveils self-driving concept vehicle for rides, deliveries
- Fear not the alphabet soup of TV features unveiled at CES
- S&P keeps New Year’s rally alive, Dow eases
- Oil mostly flat as rising U.S. output offsets OPEC worries
- Apple investors sound alarm over iPhone addiction risks for children
- Watch out, Levi’s and Wrangler: This retail giant is launching its own denim line for women
- Shopping malls continue downward spiral as smaller stores quietly disappear
- 10% of Amazon’s workforce in Ohio is on food stamps, report says
- C. Penney will put Sears out of business, retail expert says
- Credit score changes in mortgage market could increase homeownership opportunities
MHCommunity & Other Curation – Business, Marketing, Investment Info for Manufactured Housing Industry Professionals
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,747.71 +4.56(+0.17%)
Dow 30 25,283.00 -12.87(-0.05%)
Nasdaq 7,157.39 +20.83(+0.29%)
Russell 2000 1,561.81 +1.80(+0.12%)
Crude Oil 61.90 +0.46(+0.75%)
Gold 1,321.20 -1.10(-0.08%)
Silver 17.17 -0.12(-0.69%)
EUR/USD 1.1968 -0.0058(-0.48%)
10-Yr Bond 2.48 +0.004 (+0.16%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
A former pro athlete who knows the president personally, Walker shares his insights in our spotlight report, with two short videos.
“He’s a great man, and a great president.”
Full One-On-One Interview on Fox & Friends | Fox News (1/8/2018)
As manufactured housing professionals know, the farming sector is one that has long done business with manufactured home retailers.
The farming sector is on that went widely for the president, and is benefiting from his policies.
A key, and humorous, takeaway from the president’s comments to farmers today. It’s an oblique reminder of an observation by Scott Baio, to Fox News. Baio was at the president’s Christmas party at the White House. Baio quipped that people don’t understand the president’s humor, saying he was from Brooklyn, and the president is from Queens. In those places, people “mess with you” – meaning, play head joke-laden games.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
Profitable Insight$ – POTU$ Trump Effect on MH Stock$ at 1 Year, Part 4
Suppliers LPX, Patrick, Manufactured Home Builders Nobility, Skyline Homes – the Trump Effect on MH Stocks, Markets Part 3
Trump Effect – 1 Year Election Impact on Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks, Part 2
Just the Facts – Trump Effect on Manufactured Home Connected Stocks, Part 1
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” ©(News, analysis, commentary.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.