Who said that jawboning doesn’t work? President of the United States (POTUS), Donald J. Trump has been saying very publicly that he isn’t even a little happy with his pick to head the Federal Reserve as chairman, Jerome Powell. Today, in Powell’s speech to the Economic Club of New York on the state of the U.S. economy and the pace of interest rates.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Dow surges 600 points after Fed hints rate hikes will slow
- Google CEO to appear before Congress where he will likely face questions from Republicans on political bias
- The US economy is strong. Three signs it won’t last
- Oil and tech’s crash have wrecked hedge funds
- US trade deficit rises despite Trump’s tariffs
- ‘Fearless Girl’ is finally moving to its new home
- Minority employees are often asked to work ‘double duty’
- Trump threatens to cut all GM subsidies
- Without GM, this town will never be the same
- Chinese tourists are spending less at Tiffany’s
- One of America’s last industrial conglomerates is breaking up
- How three men created a $1 billion salad chain
- How low can oil prices go before Saudi Arabia starts hurting?
- Why Microsoft is a better bet than Apple
- Jeep unveils the Gladiator
- Jeep will make its first pickup in 26 years
- Amazon could win the battle for holiday toy sales
- Watch out for these holiday shopping scams
- It’s a do-or-die Christmas for Sears and Kmart
- Was this the last great Black Friday for deals?
- Target, Kohl’s and TJX are hot, but Wall Street is worried about the holidays
- Trump wants iPhones made in the US. That could be bad news for Americans
- The extreme ways people protect themselves from hacks
- In these stores of the future, you grab stuff and leave
- How Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi got comfortable with reinvention
- Inside China’s Silicon Valley: From copycats to innovation
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Dow gets 617 Powell pop, best three days since 2016
- Here’s what would happen if Trump cut GM subsidies
- GM offered employees buyouts before layoff announcement: Report
- Gas selling for under $2 per gallon in these states
- Elon Musk calls off plan to build high-speed tunnel under Los Angeles
- Trump praises Steel Dynamics for new billion-dollar steel mill
- Tax bill on retirement, IRS introduced by top US House tax writer
- What Americans see as US economy’s main threat
- Patagonia gives GOP tax windfall to environmental groups
- $350M loan will keep Sears open through holidays
- Americans’ dream jobs and how to land themThe 6 vehicles GM will no longer produce
- Trump vs. the Fed: A look at all the president’s attacks
- Did Fed’s Powell blink after Trump’s attacks?
- US new-home sales plunged 8.9% in October
- These cities are home to the most millionaires per square mile
- Why 2019 could be a tough year for home buyers and sellers
- Ohio state treasurer to Trump: Fight ‘like hell’ for our GM workers
- CVS, Aetna merger: What it means for you
- Department of Education: Student loan crisis may hit economy
- Student loan crisis may soon hit the economy: DOE
- Amazon to sell medical software that reads records, cuts costs
- AI at work: Acquiring job skills needed to thrive in a new era
- Venezuela à la carte: Government services for sale
- As GM plans scale back in US, BMW considers ramp up
- Trump blames GM plant closures on lack of auto tariffs
- How to plan financially for death or illness
- Fed warns trade tensions could pose risk to US financial system
- Lessons from the GM layoffs: End the tariffs and the subsidies
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Watch Fed chair’s Jerome Powell’s full speech on the US economy to the Economic Club of New York.
Some Bullets from CNBC this evening:
- “Interest rates are still low by historical standards, and they remain just below the broad range of estimates of the level that would be neutral for the economy — that is, neither speeding up nor slowing down growth,” Powell said in a speech at the Economic Club of New York on Wednesday.
- Following that, the Dow surged. 3rd day of gains.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 617.70 points, or 2.5 percent, to 25,366.43, posting its biggest one-day gain since March 26. The 30-stock index also notched its second-best day of the year and is up more than 1,000 points for the week.
- The S&P 500 jumped 2.3 percent to 2,743.82 as traders took the comments to mean fewer rate hikes were coming in 2019 that could derail the bull market. The Nasdaq Composite advanced 2.95 percent to close at 7,291.59 and post its best day since Oct. 25. The Dow and S&P are now positive for November after Wednesday’s comeback.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.