Raymond James’ Jeffrey Saut is so confident that there will be a stock surge, he is giving a year end estimate, which is our market focus for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Trump threatens to cut all GM subsidies
- ANALYSIS Mary Barra’s mission to transform a century-old company
- GM will no longer make these 6 cars
- Former Facebook employee says the company has ‘a black people problem’
- Microsoft and Apple are fighting to be world’s most valuable company
- Why Amazon could win the battle for holiday toy sales
- PERSPECTIVES Here’s how the US can fix its leadership crisis
- One of America’s last industrial conglomerates is breaking up
- How low can oil prices go before Saudi Arabia starts hurting?
- Planes may hold the secret to safe self-driving cars
- What workaholic bosses want you to know
- It’s not just the wage gap holding women back. It’s the commuting gap, too.
- Condé Nast CEO to step down as publisher announces plans to combine operations
- Shopping content by CNN Underscored
- 15 charitable retailers to shop this Giving Tuesday
- The entrance to the West Plant at the General Motors Lordstown Complex is seen on November 26, 2018.
- Without GM, this town will never be the same
- UK lawmaker hopes to publish secret Facebook documents within a week
- Retailers cash in on Black Friday and Cyber Monday spending
- My journey from India’s Silicon Valley to its ‘no network’ zone
- The future of the internet is Indian
- इंटरनेट का भविष्य भारतीय है – Read this story in Hindi
- Big Tech races to bring the internet to ‘every Indian’
- Facebook’s top exec in India: We must build ‘a safe environment’
- This is how Uber’s CEO plans to fix the company’s image
- Uber’s chief exec hopes you don’t own a car in 10 years
- How Uber plans to change its workplace culture problem
- Facebook CEO defends his C-suite
- As problems pile up, Mark Zuckerberg stands his ground in exclusive CNN Business interview
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Trump ‘very disappointed’ GM is closing plants in America
- Is GM bringing Congress closer to bipartisanship?
- US stocks post gains after weak start to session
- The 6 vehicles GM will no longer produce[overlay type]
- The 6 vehicles GM will no longer produce
- Production for all six vehicles will cease by the end of 2019.
- Dobbs: General Motors didn’t put America first
- GM’s Barra met with Kudlow after GM layoffs announcement
- Tax bill on retirement, IRS introduced by top US House tax writer
- Facebook has a ‘black people problem,’ ex-employee says
- How the iHOb stunt put money in IHOP’s pockets
- US home price growth slows, again: These cities saw biggest annual gains
- Student loan crisis may soon hit the economy: DOE
- Tax changes could derail Americans’ year-end charitable donations
- Trump, Xi meeting could be ‘breakthrough’ for China trade war
- China tariffs will ‘certainly hurt’ US consumers: Gordon Chang
- Trump tariffs could cost US households more than $2,000
- United Technologies to split into three companies
- GM slashing 15% of N. American salaried workers, discontinuing several vehicle models
- These tech giants have the largest cash stockpiles
- Here’s how much NASA’s Mars InSight Lander cost
- Amazon hits Cyber Monday shopping record, here’s what people bought
- Trump warns Apple iPhones could face 10% tariff, shares sink
- California wildfires could cost state $400B in economic losses
- Google employees say Project Dragonfly, China search engine plan, ‘must stop’
- Papa John’s shares plummet as hedge fund drops potential bid: Report
- Google just paid $1B for new property in Silicon Valley
- Giving Tuesday: Meet the country’s top philanthropists
- MLB withdraws donation to Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith before Miss. runoff vote
- US Postal Service website flaw exposed data of 60M users: Report
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Per CNBC, “You can carry this market up over 3,000 [on the S&P 500] by the end of the year. That’s how bullish I am,” said Raymond James’ Jeffrey Saut. That’s a 12 percent rise, if he is correct.
“If this thing starts up, I think the pros are going to have to chase it because their performance has been abysmal this year,” said Saut. He’s a bull who believes strong corporate earnings and economic growth will dominate the landscape for at least the next several years.
Nor does Saut think that the ongoing U.S.-China trade war or the Federal Reserve’s interest rate hikes will derail the growth.
“These baby steps of a quarter of a percent, … it’s really nothing,” he said about the Fed’s rate hikes. “I’m one of the guys that paid 15 and a quarter percent for a 30-year mortgage. So where rates are now, I don’t think it’s a big headwind.”
We tend to agree with Saut about the fundamentals being sound. We’ve reported that the U.S. has risen to the best economy in the world, per third party research. After tax cuts, federal tax revenues have risen. These are facts.
That said, what he’s not talking about is something that was rather extraordinary in the midterms. In spite of the sound economy, more money in people’s pockets, rising wages, etc. the Democrats were still able to retake the House. That was arguably accomplished by some 92 percent of the reports about President Trump in the mainstream news, per third party research, being negative. Millions, per a recent survey, actually believe that Russians changed votes in the 2016 election. Not just influence, changed votes.
Rephrased, while not everyone believes such nonsense, millions of others do. While a loss of seats by a sitting president’s party is common, and fits the historic pattern for most of the last century, 2018 results also suggest that many will believe things contrary to the evidence.
So, while Saut is correct about the fundamentals, it would be a mistake to think that propaganda can’t derail the economy. Propaganda is sadly proven to work. That’s why business pros arguably must educate more Americans about facts over myths and propaganda.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.