As AOC is getting blowback from members of her own party, and pushback from the GOP or others. So it’s interesting to note that today, Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell weighed in on some Green New Deal connected notions too. On a mixed day on the markets, Powell’s take will be on featured work.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- The United Auto Workers union is suing General Motors for its plan to shutter three plants
- Here’s what it would take for Tesla to be done with Elon Musk
- Elon Musk’s SEC fight: Here’s what could happen next
- Here’s when the cash crunch will hit if the US debt limit isn’t raised
- LIVE UPDATES One of Elon Musk’s biggest allies is annoyed with him
- Fed chair is in no rush to raise rates
- Why the Fed’s next move may be a rate cut
- Elizabeth Warren accuses the Fed of working for ‘big, rich banks’
- Appeals court backs AT&T acquisition of Time Warner
- LIVE UPDATES Stocks dip — but finish off worst levels
- Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos top list of biggest philanthropists in 2018
- Warren Buffett says he can’t beat the S&P 500
- PERSPECTIVES The case for banning stock buybacks
- Content by LendingTree
- Refinance rates just dropped (15 year fixed). Lock in now!
- The UK is not ready for Brexit. Business will pay a high price
- GE just spun off its locomotive unit. Workers immediately went on strike
- 5G is revolutionary but will anybody pay for it?
- You’ve heard about it, but do you know what 5G is?
- The real 5G winners: Tower companies
- Here’s when you can get 5G
- Sprint sues AT&T, alleging it falsely brands 4G as 5G
- This could mess with the world’s 5G plans
- Layoffs hit women and minorities hardest. Here’s why
- The subtle art of calling in sick
- How to land a new job in 2019
- Want to get hired? Your résumé should look like this
- 7 signs you’ve outgrown your job
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal could cost $93 trillion, group says
- Kennedy: AOC’s Green New Deal would create unthinkable taxation
- Auto workers sue General Motors over plant closures
- Stocks close lower following Fed’s Powell testimony, better-than-expected consumer confidence
- New Zealand firm’s 4-day workweek works, others should follow
- Fed’s Powell again signals ‘patient’ rate hike approach, warns of crosscurrents
- New York might not want Amazons’ HQ2 – but these cities do
- Bra shop ThirdLove eyes Victoria’s Secret, gets big boost from investors
- How Latin America would be impacted by a regime change in Venezuela
- Trump may veto gun certain control bills
- The ‘Fortnite effect’ shakes video game industry, but is it here to stay?
- Trump admin to investigate tech sector for anticompetitive behavior
- China’s President Xi is in trouble the longer these talks drag on: Michael Pillsbury
- AT&T-Time Warner deal upheld as DOJ loses appeal
- Elon Musk needs to prove he’s not in contempt by March 11
- Fiat Chrysler to launch $4.5B investment in Michigan plants
- Tax evasion by the rich and powerful: An in-depth look with FBN’s Charles Payne
- Vietnam, site of Trump-Kim summit, is a hot market for luxury property
- New York ‘oligarch tax’ aimed at wealthy buyer’s second homes
- This West Coast city is a smart choice for small business owners
- MLB mid-season strike not happening, former Miami Marlins president David Samson says
- Opinion: Tax reform a win? Small business still anxious, unsure
- Bill Gates says being rich has made him happier, here’s why
- Green beans, butternut squash sold at Walmart recalled over Listeria fears
- Elizabeth Warren grills Fed’s Powell over BB&T, SunTrust merger
- Big pharma relies on old talking points to battle new scrutiny
- Jussie Smollett scandal: The do’s and don’ts of seeking a raise
- Varney: Pressure’s on China to get trade deal done
- America’s $22T debt problem: With a booming economy, now is the time to fix it
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
“The idea that deficits don’t matter for countries that can borrow in their own currency I think is just wrong,” said Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell during testimony in the Senate.
Powell took on an increasingly popular theory pushed by progressives that the government can continue to borrow to fund social programs such as Medicare for all, free college tuition, and a conversion to renewable energy in the next decade – and it is unworkable, Powell said Tuesday.
See the Related Reports, below for both increasingly heated debate over policies being pushed by Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC, NY-D), Senators Bernie Sanders (VT-I, but who causes with Democrats and is running for the Democratic nomination for president), among others.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.