It’s the best economy in 20 years, says Heritage Foundation chief economist Steve Moore, who disagrees with President Trump on one point. The Federal Reserve’s policies are not the only problem slamming the markets, but it is a serious one. On a day when all tracked manufactured home stocks declined, that will be our evening market update.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- But all it’s getting is chaos and confusion
- Wall Street has its worst Christmas Eve ever
- Why Mnuchin’s reassurance about US banks left markets confused
- Mnuchin’s attempts to calm the markets leave bank CEOs ‘totally baffled’
- Chipotle’s Brian Niccol is the CEO of the year
- BMW hit by $10 million fine over engine fires
- Salesforce president: Being an introvert is a strength
- Sears’ next few weeks will determine its future
- Best Buy CEO has nothing to sell you
- How to delete Facebook (It won’t help)
- In 2018, SUVs took over everything
- Shoppers are spending but it may not last
- This driverless vehicle can deliver groceries
- Global markets are having a rough 2018
- The 8 top biggest business stories of the year
- TIMELINE Facebook’s year of scandals
- Top 8 media stories of 2018
- The most downloaded iOS apps of 2018
- The risky rise and fall of celebrity CEOs
- What to expect from 2019’s ‘post-peak’ economy
- Trump was background noise for markets. Not anymore
- How retailers trick you into overspending for holidays
- It’s only a matter of time before China ends up with our Facebook data
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Dow plunges 650 points in worst Christmas Eve trading session ever
- Mnuchin calls bankers, prepares ‘Plunge Protection Team’
- Trump attacks the Fed again as the markets sink
- Middle-class Americans in these states will see biggest tax cuts
- Trump vs. the Fed: A look at all the president’s attacks
- How to recession-proof your finances
- Can Trump fire Fed chairman Jerome Powell?
- Stores, restaurants open on Christmas Day
- China to remove some import, export tariffs
- Chinese companies urging employees to boycott Apple after Huawei CFO arrest
- A Bear Market: What 401(k) investors need to know now
- Jennie-O recalls another 160,000 pounds of turkey meat due to salmonella fears
- Campbell Soup auction participants include Kraft Heinz, Mondelez Intl
- A good Santa Claus can rake in $15,000 for the season
- Trump vs. Tech in 2018
- Ocasio-Cortez calls for furlough of congressional salaries amid government shutdown
- This is where America’s rich have moved
- Taxpayers can no longer claim these 4 deductions
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launches Lockheed Martin satellite
- Exxon halts offshore research on worsening Venezuela-Guyana tensions
- The biggest billionaire winners, losers of 2018
- The best time to buy a house[overlay type]
- The best time to buy a house
- Jerry Seinfeld is once again the highest-paid comedian of the year
- 5 reasons J&J shares plunged this week
- Ugly Christmas sweaters taken to the next level
- 9 smart money moves to make in 2019
- Altria takes 35 percent stake in e-cigarette firm Juul
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
If there isn’t a rally after Christmas, the Dow and S&P 500 are on track for the worst December on record since the Great Depression in 1931, says Fox Business.
The Heritage Foundation chief economist Steve Moore sounds off in this video discussion about President Donald J. Trump’s criticism of the Federal Reserve’s interest rate hikes and their impact on the U.S. economy.
Belpointe Chief Strategist David Nelson on President Trump’s concerns over the economic impact of the Federal Reserve’s interest rate hikes.
“The only problem our economy has is the Fed. They don’t have a feel for the Market, they don’t understand necessary Trade Wars or Strong Dollars or even Democrat Shutdowns over Borders. The Fed is like a powerful golfer who can’t score because he has no touch – he can’t putt!” Trump tweeted.
“The president has been voicing his frustration with the Fed for months, saying its interest rate hikes are hurting the economy. Last week, the Fed raised its benchmark interest rate for the fourth time this year by a quarter-point,” said Fox Business today.
Charles Payne said that his ‘back of the envelope’ calculations leads him to believe that the markets have now lost roughly $7 trillion dollars since September.
It wasn’t the Santa Claus rally many had hoped for, but Belpointe’s Nelson believes that the “value investors” are going to step in soon. That will cause the market to bottom out, and begin to recover.
For those who noted George Soros’ shorting of Facebook some weeks back, which Barrons and a few market watchers believe helped push their stocks downward, there are certainly reasons to think that other elements are at play beyond the Fed. ICYMI, or need a refresher, clock on the text/image box below.
Another example is a CNBC report that noted more recently an expert who said that wide swaths of the news media are ‘talking down’ the stock markets.
Whatever the combination of factors, the reality is that stocks are down. Manufactured housing stocks ought to be performing better, but they too are often near 1 year lows. For more on that, see the closing ticker, further below.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.