To say that President Donald J. Trump’s announcement of tariffs have roiled voices across the political spectrum would be an understatement, which will be part of our market focus tonight.
There’s more to this than may initially meet the eye, as an expert explain.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Fed’s Powell sees ‘no evidence’ the US economy is overheating
- Is your paycheck being taxed enough? Check the new IRS calculator
- Equifax says hackers stole more than previously reported
- Bill Ackman’s Herbalife disaster is finally over
- Jaguar reveals electric SUV
- EU gives tech companies 1 hour to remove terrorist content
- Boeing is the hottest stock in the Dow. Again
- People with pre-existing conditions could face tough times ahead
- The US needs to do a better job training its workers. Here’s how
- Twitter wants help measuring its “health”
- KFC is still getting slammed by menu snafu
- Italy’s economy is still stuck in 1st gear
- Microsoft is buying solar energy from Singapore rooftops
- Brexit dream of ‘frictionless’ trade with EU is dying
- China has found a new way to block banned words
- ExxonMobil drops out of Russian joint venture due to sanctions
- A suspected Russian troll in the U.S. tries to erase her past
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow falls into negative territory for year on Trump tariff plan
- Steel companies rally while Caterpillar declines on prospect of new levies
- US weekly jobless claims drop to lowest level since 1969
- Wells Fargo wealth management draws DOJ attention: report
- Elizabeth Warren grills Fed’s Powell on Wells Fargo abuses
- Mueller’s Russia Trump probe scrutinizes spring 2015 before decision to run
- Georgia threatening Delta over cutting its NRA ties defended by Texas AG
- Trump demeanor a Koch donor network topic of concern
- Best Buy to shut down 250 mobile stores across the US
- Michigan man wins lottery three times in one day
- com probed by SEC over cryptocurrency; shares drop
- Kohl’s to bring supermarket chain Aldi to stores in pilot test
- Country star Craig Morgan turns to woodworking business after heartbreak
- McDonald’s Big Mac record holder on pace to eat 30,000 by May
- Is heavyweight boxing headed for a resurgence?
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,677.67 -36.16(-1.33%)
Dow 30 24,608.98 -420.22(-1.68%)
Nasdaq 7,180.56 -92.45(-1.27%)
Russell 2000 1,507.39 -5.06(-0.33%)
Crude Oil 61.34 -0.30(-0.49%)
Gold 1,317.70 -0.20(-0.02%)
Silver 16.47 +0.14(+0.86%)
EUR/USD 1.2265 +0.0073(+0.60%)
10-Yr Bond 2.804 -0.064(-2.23%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Trump’s tariffs allow us to invest $100 million and hire hundreds: Century Aluminum CEO, Says CNBC.
· Trump’s new tariffs won’t wind up hitting consumers’ wallets, but they will bring jobs back, Century Aluminum CEO Michael Bless says.
· Trump says the U.S. will impose a 25 percent tariff for steel and a 10 percent tariff for aluminum as early as next week.
· Bless says the decision will allow his company to bring back 150,000 tons of production in its Kentucky plant.
From the White House Press Room to the Daily Business News…
President Donald Trump’s new steel and aluminum tariffs won’t wind up hitting consumers’ wallets but they will benefit “devastated” communities by bringing jobs back, Century Aluminum CEO Michael Bless told CNBC on Thursday.
The big picture: America’s resurgent economy
Inside the Beltway, people often forget that what matters most to ordinary Americans is results. And recent news showing surging small-business and consumer confidence, near record low unemployment claims, and expectations of continued economic momentum is good news for U.S. workers and their families.
A few headlines paint the picture:
- US Consumer Confidence Rises to Highest Level Since 2000 (The Associated Press)
- Record Number of U.S. Small-Business Owners Say It’s a Good Time to Expand (Bloomberg)
- U.S. Jobless Claims near 45-Year Low as Economic Outlook Brightens (Reuters)
- Fed Thinks the Economy Has Momentum, Thanks Partly to Tax Cuts, Global Growth (Washington Examiner)
After 8 years of a presidential administration not taking economic growth seriously enough, President Trump has committed to an agenda that puts U.S. workers and businesses first.
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.