CNBC’s Jim Cramer tells you how he really feels, about a “complete group of morons” that he blames for the fall that suddenly rocked otherwise sound markets. That plus VIX, Congress, and more, in our featured report.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Dow caps insane week with 330-point bounce
- These markets were the biggest losers this week
- Stocks flew too close to the sun. Now what?
- Exactly what happened during the stock market’s crazy week
- The stock market is scary. But here’s why you still should invest
- What’ll happen to the Tesla shot into space?
- You probably made more than Elon Musk last year
- Why SpaceX’s successful Falcon Heavy launch is so significant
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Stocks rise to cap roller-coaster week
- Record amount of cash pulled out of stock funds
- Dow has second-worst day ever. What’s going on?
- VIX blowup is the tip of the iceberg: David Stockman
- Stock market correction: What will Jamie Dimon do this time?
- The Dow’s biggest single-day drops in history
- Stock selloff creates bargain blue chips
- Oil prices slide on strong US production
- Amazon to challenge UPS, FedEx with new delivery service
- Amazon to challenge UPS, FedEx with new delivery service
- The service will reportedly be tested with third-party sellers in Los Angeles.
- Tax refunds: Most Americans expect a solid return this year, survey finds
- Stock market volatility good for firm: Howard Lutnick
- Richest US Winter Olympians: Lindsey Vonn, Shaun White top 2018 field
- Banks limited by slow loan growth: Dick Bove
- LL Bean imposes limits on its return policy, citing fraud
- Bitcoin worth $4.7M seized in federal fake-ID sting
- Just in time for Valentine’s Day: a $385 chocolate bar
- Retirement savings: Money in accounts like IRAs, on average, now tops $100,000
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,619.55 +38.55(+1.49%)
Dow 30 24,190.90 +330.44(+1.38%)
Nasdaq 6,874.49 +97.33(+1.44%)
Russell 2000 1,477.84 +14.04(+0.96%)
Crude Oil 59.23 -1.92(-3.14%)
Gold 1,314.50 -2.40(-0.18%)
Silver 16.32 -0.03(-0.16%
EUR/USD 1.23 +0.00(+0.02%)
10-Yr Bond 2.83 -0.02(-0.77%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Before diving into all that follows, here’s the Daily Business News thumbnail.
The budget deal isn’t smart long term. But it’s a drop in the bucket compared to the 8 years under the Obama Administration. Depending on what happens in the 2018 mid-terms, the GOP can look like geniuses for making this deal; or they could get creamed.
But since the public has largely ignored debt-as-an-issue, don’t be surprised if John and Jane on Main Street don’t freak out today either.
The VIXs are an issue, but there’s a player that scored big on them $200k bet netted them $17.5 million, per Bloomberg. They set that as an 8,600% payoff.
CNBC’s Cramer Blasts “Complete Group of Morons” for Recent Market Meltdown
As Promised VIX and their Role in this Week’s Roller Coaster
Market is run by speculators, robo-machines: David Stockman
America has a problem, it’s called Congress: Varney
Recent reports that help make more sense of this are linked below. Bottom line, the market’s have clearly been erratic, but the economic fundamentals are still rosy. Bonds are moving up. Rates are rising, but they are still at historic lows compared to 15 or 20 years ago.
But there is a caveat. If investors, and companies begin to believe that the economy is in trouble, that’s a potentially different story.
Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Drop, Manufactured Home Industry Impact
Whiplash. Good News, Bad News, Fake News – The Cost$ of Overhyped Hysteria
It’s Officially a Correction, What Normally Happens Next, Plus MHMarket UPDate$
But with hundreds of billions coming back to the U.S….unlikely, unless insanity sets in. Of course, that’s what Cramer said happened, the morons have taken over…
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
Profitable Insight$ – POTU$ Trump Effect on MH Stock$ at 1 Year, Part 4
Suppliers LPX, Patrick, Manufactured Home Builders Nobility, Skyline Homes – the Trump Effect on MH Stocks, Markets Part 3
Trump Effect – 1 Year Election Impact on Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks, Part 2
Just the Facts – Trump Effect on Manufactured Home Connected Stocks, Part 1
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.