FBN’s Elizabeth “Liz” MacDonald (E-Mac) and Connell McShane discuss the cause behind the volatile week for the markets in today’s market spotlight
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Inside Uber and Google’s falling out
- Trump breaks his silence on market chaos
- Obamacare sign-ups dip slightly
- Trillion-dollar deficits will hit sooner than expected
- Why WWE is a media juggernaut
- The tech at the center of the Uber vs. Waymo case
- 381-point Dow surge disappears as bond jitters return
- German workers win right to 28-hour week Trending
- Dunkin’ Donuts pledges to ditch foam cups
- How Weight Watchers is wooing teens
- How is the market volatility affecting you?
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Stocks jittery, not panicky, as Dow ticks lower
- Schumer offers praise for bipartisan budget agreement
- Oil steadies, as lower inventories offset by higher US output
- Apple weighs iPhone battery rebates for users who paid full
- Facebook’s Sandberg sizes up Pence dinner rule
- $1 million model train set a Texas-sized inheritance
- Boeing boosts employee match program after GOP tax cuts
- Stock tip: Rebounds are brisk; missing out could cost you
- Jim Carrey dumps Facebook stock and deletes his page
- Bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies headed to zero: Goldman
- Cost of Trump’s military parade could run into millions
- Media ignores success of Trump economy: Varney
- Trump’s solar tariffs roil $28B industry
- Tax reform windfall: These companies are hiking pay, delivering bonuses
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,681.65 -13.49(-0.50%)
Dow 30 24,893.35 -19.42(-0.08%)
Nasdaq 7,051.98 -63.90(-0.90%)
Russell 2000 1,507.97 +0.80(+0.05%)
Crude Oil 61.54 -1.85(-2.92%)
Gold 1,319.80 -9.70(-0.73%)
Silver 16.31 -0.27(-1.63%)
EUR/USD 1.2263 -0.0114(-0.92%)
10-Yr Bond 2.84 +0.08(+2.75%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
E-Mac & Company – “Bond Market Has the Power”
They don’t talk about VIXs, which is a point that others are raising, and we’ll look at if this market turbulence continues.
But the talking heads on right-of-center FBN’s panel explain historic realities and the latest market trends.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
Profitable Insight$ – POTU$ Trump Effect on MH Stock$ at 1 Year, Part 4
Suppliers LPX, Patrick, Manufactured Home Builders Nobility, Skyline Homes – the Trump Effect on MH Stocks, Markets Part 3
Trump Effect – 1 Year Election Impact on Manufactured Housing Connected Stocks, Part 2
Just the Facts – Trump Effect on Manufactured Home Connected Stocks, Part 1
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.