As the headline news from CNN and Fox Business reflect, there’s a flurry of items that contributed to the stimuli for investors on a largely down broader markets day, and a mixed day for manufactured home stocks and equities.
But something to watch are those voices that keep trying to talk investors into a recession. As an upcoming report we’ve planned will reflect, a group of experts think that recession isn’t likely until 2021 at the earliest. So, tonight’s focus will be trade talks with China, as some believe a deal may be near. Given that it influences several manufactured housing supply chains, that is our focus this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Consumer Reports doesn’t recommend Tesla Model 3
- Many Tesla owners are reporting problems, including loose body trim and glass defects
- Latest updates: These are the six cars that just lost Consumer Report’s recommendation
- Looking back: A brief history of Tesla vs. Consumer Reports
- Analysis: A tough week at Tesla just got worse
- LIVE UPDATES Gloomy economic numbers rattle Wall Street
- Despite backlash, stock buybacks keep booming
- The IPO market is in hibernation
- US tariffs could cost German automakers $7 billion a year
- Report: Apple and Goldman Sachs are releasing a credit card together
- Pedestrian deaths are up. These SUV’s can help save lives
- Uber hasn’t killed off the rental car industry
- USA Today editor apologizes for publishing blackface photo in college
- How to best diversify your investment portfolio
- Huge 15-year fixed rate drop. Could be your last chance to refinance
- Target has a new plan to win parents over: Focus on the kids
- Nike’s stock falls after Duke star breaks sneakers
- Chinese shoppers can now get an iPhone for less than $30 a month
- Applebee’s had its best year since 1993
- Chipotle CEO: We are undergoing a digital transformation
- The strategy behind McDonald’s new breakfast food
- Pizza Hut expands beer delivery service
- Domino’s rewards customers for buying pizza — even from its competitors
- Retail layoffs are piling up. Here’s the whole story
- Gymboree’s second bankruptcy will kill the brand
- Sears survived bankruptcy. Can it survive long term?
- Payless plans to close during its second bankruptcy, costing 16,000 workers their jobs
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Stocks fall on Atlanta Fed cut to 4Q GDP forecast, weak economic data
- Mortgage rates fall to lowest average in one year
- Pinterest files confidentially for IPO
- Lyft IPO will open floodgates for other tech companies: Varney
- AOC says Amazon HQ2 deal caused rental spike in Queens: Fact check
- Lyft vs. Uber: What to know about the ride-hailing rivals
- Zion Williamson’s shoe split puts Nike’s brand in spotlight
- Uber Eats devouring McDonald’s franchise owners’ profits: ‘Bar Rescue’s’ Jon Taffer
- Farming community in Delaware hopes for a good trade deal
- Tesla Model 3 reliability issues lead to downgrade by Consumer Reports
- ‘Empire’ star Jussie Smollett’s salary, net worth compared to co-stars
- Duke’s Zion Williamson has $8M insurance policy against pre-NBA injuries: Report
- US existing home sales fall sharply to 3-year low
- What YouTube is doing after McDonald’s, Nestle pull ads over graphic video
- What Ronald Reagan would say about socialism: Art Laffer
- Wells Fargo donates $444M to nonprofits for affordable housing, small businesses
- Nike’s Colin Kaepernick jersey sells out just hours after release
- Brexit backlash has UK businesses flying the coop
- Marie Kondo’s Netflix series ‘Tidying Up’ sparks spike in Goodwill Donations
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Curating content for this evening market report is both art and science.
For example, it is almost comical at times how even the same news source is sending mixed messages on the same topic. That can happen because experts – those talking heads – disagree. Or it can occur because of undisclosed agendas, bad reading of data or indicators, etc. The same source may be dead wrong in their analysis too.
The latest ‘a deal may be looming’ with China and U.S. on trade are below.
While some think it is close, that would be a bit of a surprise here on MHProNews. But CNBC said, “A trade deal may not be ‘priced in’ yet as study shows S&P 500 should be 11% higher.” For market watchers that headline alone could be worth the price of admission to this evening’s report.
Here are more pull quotes and two videos, from CNBC.
- Renaissance Macro Research estimates the S&P 500 has lost about 11 percent from trade tensions since January 2018, even with the recent run-up in stocks.
- “In other words, if not for all the negative trade news over the last 14 months, the S&P 500 would be about 11 percent higher,” says Neil Dutta, the firm’s head of economics.
- “With the market off its lows, a popular view is that the equity market has priced in all the good news already,” Dutta says. “We are skeptical; the equity market only partially retraced the losses associated with trade tensions.”
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.