Just as the first defection from the 2020 Democratic party hopeful list was announced, billionaire Tom Steyer has announced his own run for the Oval Office as a Democrat. The green energy activist will compete with former VP Joe Biden and Senator Bernie Sanders on our evening report tonight, as Biden’s millions made since leaving office in 2017 were revealed, and Sanders weighed in on another billionaire looking for a new address at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. With business confidence dipping, which will be covered in an upcoming report, as political and other concerns rise, Steyer, Sanders, and Biden will be our focus for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
- Morgan Stanley’s big downgrade
- As the market breaks records, the bank is slashing its outlook for global stocks
- Boeing’s sales have taken a huge hit from the 737 Max crisis
- Alphabet’s plans to track people in its ‘smart city’ ring alarm bells
- Dow logs third day of losses ahead of Powell testimony
- Inside the Fed’s ‘hall of mirrors’ problem
- He designed the iPhone. Now, he’s leaving Apple
- Apple’s cheapest Mac is now over $1000
- Billionaires are saving journalism. Yes, that’s right
- WarnerMedia banks on HBO’s brand name for new streaming service
- Uber expands ‘no talking’ rides and launches helicopter service
- Burger King is now selling $1 tacos nationwide. Here’s why
- Volkswagen’s last Beetle to leave the factory this week
- The Bible could be a victim in Trump’s trade war
- Bitcoin’s wild roller coaster ride is crazier than ever
- Mini Cooper goes electric
- Time is running out on a tax credit for Tesla buyers
- Toyota sets aggressive new target for electrified cars
- Ferrari’s first plug-in hybrid supercar is also its most powerful
- Wall Street’s love affair with Tesla is over
- POET Iowa plant
- His farm was failing. Now he runs the world’s largest biofuel producer
- How he got 200,000 people to buy ugly produce
- This business trains former inmates to be beekeepers
- 40 years ago, he built a recording studio in a VW bus. Today, he runs a $725 million music empire
- TRUMP CAN’T BLOCK TWITTER USERS OVER POLITICAL DISAGREEMENTS, COURT RULES
- Qatar to double US investment citing trust in US economy
- Qatar buys Boeing aircraft in ‘very large transaction,’ Trump says
- JOE BIDEN EARNED MILLIONS AFTER LEAVING WHITE HOUSE, TAX RETURNS SHOW
- Biden is among the wealthiest of the top 2020 Democrats.
- Ocasio-Cortez indicates support for targeting energy companies with liability lawsuits
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak: ‘Get off Facebook'[overlay type]
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak: ‘Get off Facebook’
- High-tax state SALT exodus: How many frustrated taxpayers call each week
- During Fed Chair Powell’s congressional testimony, expect more of the same
- Federal appeals court hearing ObamaCare case, may strike individual mandate
- Chick-fil-A is giving out free food today
- Bernie Sanders likes Tom Steyer, but doesn’t want more billionaires in politics
- Volkswagen halts production of iconic Beetle follow decreased demand for small cars
- Ross Perot’s billion-dollar journey, from top salesman to business magnate
- MLB legend on juicing baseballs: ‘Pitching isn’t what it used to be’
- Women’s World Cup final most-viewed match this year, tops men’s final
- BMW reveals its first MINI electric car to start production this fall
- Ross Perot’s political legacy
- Tim Scott looks to recruit minority GOP candidates
- US approves possible $2 billion arms sale to Taiwan
Today’s markets and stocks snapshot, at the closing bell…
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
“Tom’s led grassroots campaigns that have taken on big corporations and won by going directly to the voters — he knows that when more people like you have the power in our democracy, the system works better for everyone,” said the Tom 2020 campaign to MHProNews this afternoon.
In this campaign announcement video, Steyer makes his pitch for unrigging a system that he says will push power back down to the American people. Note that in covering this or other 2020 candidates, showing their video or their statements are not to be construed as an endorsement by MHProNews, but rather as reflective of their own campaign’s position.
Meanwhile left-of-center CNBC reports today that:
· Former Vice President Joe Biden and his wife Jill made more than $15 million in the two years after the former vice president left office.
· Biden easily made the most money last year among Democratic presidential candidates who have released their tax returns so far.
While there is plenty of time for the Biden campaign to recover from a series of self-inflicted wounds, sinking poll numbers and other indicators would suggest that his third run at the White House won’t be any more successful than his prior two.
Senator Bernie Sanders (VT-I, caucuses with Democrats and is running for the Democratic Party nomination for president) has taken aim to Steyer’s launch. He says he is a friend of “Tom,” who shares his views on the environment and other issues. But Sanders says he is opposed to more billionaires being in the race.
Sanders has dipped a bit in some polls, as Senators Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren have surged. Mayor Pete Buttigieg outraised Sanders and others, but Sanders claims more donors than other Democrats so far, with the average donor giving under $20.
MHProNews will monitor the policy stances of the Steyer campaign, who is expected to be strong on environmental issues, on the roll-back of the Citizen’s United decision, and other Democratic mainstays. But his campaign website is light on many policy positions. We’ll see how that evolves on the day when billionaire Ross Perot died, the independent candidate who arguably tilted the 1992 election to Bill Clinton by siphoning off some would be votes from the late President George H. W. Bush reelection bid. May Perot rest in peace.
Senator Kamala Harris’ newly announced housing plan is linked from the related report which can be accessed by clicking the text-image box below. Some housing related initiatives from the Trump Administration are likewise linked below for balance. “We Provide, You Decide.” ©
Yahoo Finance Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.