As regular readers of this feature know, we steered clear of China-U.S. trade troubles for most of last week, even though that was a lead story among scores of market watchers. Today, MHProNews has two stories that have dealt with China and U.S. trade, one earlier today – linked here – that directly ties into builders and sellers. This topic is related to the stock market impact of the trade war, which isn’t ‘new.’ For years, China was taking the U.S. to the cleaners. For less than 2 years, the U.S. has begun to seriously fighting back in the era of POTUS Trump. On a day with plenty of red ink on stock tickers, trade, China, and what firms are the most impacted are our focus for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Dow plunges 617 points after China retaliates with higher tariffs
- China strikes back
- LIVE UPDATES The real problem between the US and China, in 2 charts
- The Dow’s worst days
- Bitcoin is one thing that isn’t plunging today
- Facebook will require that contractors be paid higher wages
- WestJet, Canada’s second-largest airline, will be taken private
- Uber plunges again — now nearly 15% below IPO price
- Under pressure, Bed Bath & Beyond’s veteran CEO steps down
- Oil prices rise after Saudi Arabia reports tanker attacks
- The 737 Max does not appear close to flying again
- Huawei’s detained finance chief speaks out in letter to employees
- PERSPECTIVES AOC and Sanders’ credit card interest rate cap would be disastrous
- iPhone owners can sue Apple for monopolizing App Store, Supreme Court rules
- Serena Williams, Jay-Z and Katy Perry are investing in Impossible Foods
- Losing to Michael Phelps helped turn this star swimmer into a successful entrepreneur
- There aren’t enough women in the C-suite. This club wants to change that
- What male CEOs are wearing
- What every first-time CEO should know
- When good executives go bad
- Why it matters so much every time a woman CEO leaves
- Mercedes makes aggressive climate pledge
- Oil is slowly losing its best customer
- Hyundai’s Genesis unveils vision for tiny electric luxury car
- How Amsterdam plans to help ban polluting cars
- VW is creating an electric future. This is what it looks like
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Dow dives over 600 points amid US-China trade tiff
- China retaliates against Trump admin with tariffs on $60B in US goods
- US and China will both lose if they don’t come to trade agreement, former JC Penney chief says
- Trump’s tariff wars could wipe out a chunk of tax cut benefits
- ‘Game of Thrones’ cast net worths, from Emilia Clarke to Sophie Turner
- Mark Cuban: Ocasio-Cortez, Sanders don’t understand socialism
- Uber’s first employee, who’s now a billionaire, credits his success to this 1 tweet
- FOX announces its new primetime lineup since Disney merger. Here’s a look
- WATCH: FCC gets aggressive on robocall enforcement, vows to return consumer sanity
- Trump ‘seriously’ hurt Iran with these 2 moves says Lieberman
- US federal spending surges in 2019
- Heinz CEO has lost confidence in the food giant
- Only 3% of employers offer this desirable perk
- First-time homebuyer? Here’s how much an average down payment costs in each state
- World’s most expensive coffee available in the US for limited time
- Uber stock tanks for second day after weak debut
- Top 10 major cities cashing in on movie tourism
- Amazon to pay employees to quit and start their own delivery businesses
- Supreme Court rules against Apple in lawsuit targeting App Store
- Middle class was anything but left behind by Trump tax reform
- 5 truths about capitalism that are often misunderstood
- Uber IPO is a buyer-beware opportunity: Varney
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Let’s tee this up tonight by noting the link to the Daily Business News on MHProNews earlier report on building and the impact of the U.S.-China tariff tiff.
Per left-of-center CNBC, the biggest Dow losers since the trade war escalated reveal that investors are fleeing companies with more Chinese business ties.
- The Dow is down about 1,200 points since President Donald Trump announced tariff hikes last week, with heavier losses in companies with business in China.
- Intel, Apple and Caterpillar have all dropped more than 10% in the six trading days since the president’s tweet on May 5.
- Intel in particular may be vulnerable to a deterioration in U.S.-China trade relations, which about 25% on its sales coming from China, according to FactSet.
Here’s the snapshot in a chart.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.