The report this morning that the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) is reporting a modest dip in small business confidence could have several possible causes. Certainly, one of the concerns is political uncertainty. Much of the energy in the Democratic Party since the 2018 midterms seems to be on the left-wing of the party, however, many Democrats who won seats from the GOP ran as moderates. For decades, Democrats have had the lion share of the black vote, and a much of the Latino vote too. The only Senate Republican who is black is Tim Scott (SC-R), who is pushing his party to be more engaged in seeking minority voters and recruiting minority candidates. With Cory Booker (NJ-D), Kamala Harris (CA-D) and other 2020 Democratic presidential nomination hopefuls working to solidify that traditional voting Democratic block, Scott and the GOP’s efforts to court minority candidates is significant. As the 2016 election results reflected, the modest shift among some minorities to the Trump campaign contributed to their often-narrow margin of victory on election day. This evening, when the markets soared on new hints that the Federal Reserve will cut interest rates, our focus will be Scott’s insights, the politics, and related initiatives.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
- Flight cancellation crisis
- The Boeing 737 grounding cuts 115 flights daily. But American Airlines has an even bigger problem
- LATEST UPDATES The dollar’s status as the world’s foremost reserve currency isn’t under threat: Powell
- Alan Patricof: Trump’s trade policy raises uncertainty
- Powell hints a rate cut is coming
- S&P 500 hits 3,000 points for the first time ever
- Pop star enters the cosmetic business
- Customers stockpiled WD-40 because of price hikes. Its stock is soaring
- ‘Dr. Mario World’ is coming to iOS and Android
- UK and Canada will give millions to global media defense fund
- A robo-adviser is JPMorgan Chase’s latest play for online investors
- Jerome Powell says he wouldn’t quit if President Trump asked him to leave
- Virgin Orbit ‘drop tests’ a rocket from a 747 aircraft 35,000 feet in the sky
- Nintendo announces $199 Switch Lite
- Apple’s cheapest MacBook is now over $1,000
- He designed the iPhone. Now, he’s leaving Apple
- Apple is adding 2,000 new jobs in Seattle
- Best Buy now repairs iPhones and MacBooks
- There may be a fix for the MacBook keyboards everyone hates
- What to do when someone takes credit for your work
- How to protest your company — and keep your job
- The real reason you aren’t getting promoted at work
- How to survive the ultramarathon job interview
- Should you text with your boss?
- LABOR SECRETARY ALEX ACOSTA DEFENDS JEFFREY EPSTEIN 2008 PLEA DEAL
- Jeffrey Epstein isn’t a billionaire, Forbes report claims
- The strong June jobs report didn’t change the Fed’s outlook, Powell says
- Biden saved big bucks using tax loophole Obama tried to close: Report
- NASDAQ SOARS TO RECORD HIGH ON FED CHIEF’S DOVISH COMMENTS
- Markets are again optimistic about a possible interest rate cut.
- These are the best (and worst) states for retirement
- Future of ObamaCare in doubt after latest appeals court hearing
- Railroad worker retires with fat pension after cheating time clock: Report[overlay type]
- Railroad worker retires with fat pension after cheating time clock: Report
- 4 reasons hourly workers reject jobs – and what to do about them
- Marijuana legalization gets bipartisan support in ‘historic’ hearing
- Aramark will cover hourly employees’ college tuition
- Boxing champ Keith Thurman plans to beat Manny Pacquiao and the stock market
- Microsoft warns about ‘fileless’ trojan using legitimate tools to avoid detection
- ‘Jeopardy!’ champion claims he won $20K from HQ Trivia but was not paid
- Fed minutes reveal policymakers divided over interest rate cut
- CBS-Viacom talks ongoing as Shari Redstone is mum in Sun Valley
- Facebook’s Calibra chief responds to Senate committee’s concerns on Libra cryptocurrency
- Mazda recalls over 262K vehicles to fix engine-stalling software problem
- AT&T promises to automatically block robocalls in ‘coming months’
- Multiple Elvis Presley-owned vehicles to be auctioned: report
- Ross Perot’s political legacy
- Tim Scott looks to recruit minority GOP candidates
- US approves possible $2 billion arms sale to Taiwan
Today’s markets and stocks snapshot, at the closing bell…
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Earlier this week, we spotlighted the announcement by Senator Kamala Harris’ campaign for a home ownership initiative that specifically targets the African American community where millions have faced historic ‘red lining.’ That report is linked below.
Senator Tim Scott has been by President Donald J. Trump’s side in numerous White House photo ops and bill signings aimed at improving opportunities in cities. That has included, but wasn’t limited to, Opportunity Zones, other tax code changes, and prison reforms.
Scott has been pushing for more minority candidates in the GOP. Note the videos from both sides of the left-right media divide.
The CBS video was produced during the waning months of the Obama Administration. It is a fascinating interview that takes two black Senators who have little in common politically that nevertheless feel some common bonds. In a polarized era, it reflects that there are times that leaders can reach beyond party lines.
Senator Scott has stated that he believes that President Trump taking positive steps that have benefited all Americans, but specifically notes the benefits to minorities. That’s reflected by record low unemployment.
That said, and as good as that news is, Senator Harris point – whether one agrees with her policy proposal or not – is one that correct reflects a valid concern. There is a disparity between black and Hispanic minority home ownership rates and that of whites or Asians. As a manufactured home industry focused trade publication, we’d promote the notion that a significant part of the solution ought to be a greater access to the placement of more highly affordable manufactured housing.
Everything shouldn’t be political, but it is what it is. These are issues could be serious issues. The Trump Administration executive order, and some other initiatives by lawmakers have specifically pointed to positive role that manufactured housing can and should play. See the related reports for more.
Yahoo Finance Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.