The markets closed down modestly today, the first dip in a week. Manufactured home connected tracked stocks closed mixed.
Our focus this evening will be two firms that already have enormous economic influence, Amazon and Apple – both of which have their own initiatives involving factory building. While the Daily Business News on MHProNews periodically spotlights the hits and misses caused by Berkshire Hathaway brands in MHVille, and their oversized influence over the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI), that must be balanced by the reality that these are not the only factors that impact HUD Code manufactured home professionals daily. An insight tonight into what Google and Amazon are doing, as they seek to increase their influence over your personal and professional life will be our focus
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- The streaming wars are getting real
- Get ready for even more Netflix competitors this year
- LIVE UPDATES What’s moving markets today
- GE stock could be worth just $5, analyst warns
- Cyberhacks can cost businesses millions. And insurers may refuse to pay up
- A 5G world is coming. Tech companies at CES show they’re ready
- Apple reportedly plans 3 new iPhones this year
- Volkswagen sold a record number of cars last year
- Lionsgate, a struggling motion picture studio, lays off 25 staffers
- Why Wall Street turned its back on junk bonds
- GM raises its profit forecast, stock jumps
- SpaceX set to launch final batch of next-generation satellites
- Why a wacky discount store is buying up the remains of Toys ‘R’ Us
- Bud Light packages will now show nutritional information
- How to avoid overpaying for a home
- Why the National Enquirer says it decided to investigate Jeff Bezos
- Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos are getting divorced
- What this divorce could mean for Amazon
- The divorce doesn’t mean there will be drama
- Some of the world’s most expensive divorces
- The Tesla Model X.
- Tesla drops cheapest versions of the Model S and Model X
- Ford redesigns ‘world’s most popular SUV’
- Britain’s biggest carmaker cuts thousands more jobs
- Ford is shedding thousands of jobs in Europe
- Fiat Chrysler to pay hundreds of millions to settle emissions charges in the US
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Stocks close down after five-day winning streak
- US economy may get hit by shutdown as as soon as next week
- Trump floats citizenship for H1B visa holders
- Amazon’s Whole Foods seeks Sears, Kmart stores to buy
- Costco sells out of 26 lb. mac & cheese tub with 20-year shelf life
- GM unveils all-electric Cadillac in hopes it will challenge Tesla
- Slack could become biggest direct public listing since Spotify
- Five tax reform reminders for 2019 filing season
- Apple to release new line of iPhones despite sales worries
- Andy Murray will retire from tennis as 4th-highest earner in sports’ history
- These US companies employ the most H-1B visa holders
- Bezos Divorce: What’s Next for Amazon?
- Here’s what MacKenzie Bezos has said about her husband
- Here’s how much property Jeff Bezos owns in the US
- A look at Jeff Bezos’ biggest assets as he heads for divorce
- Columbia Sportswear on shutdown: ‘Make America’s Parks Open Again’
- GM CEO Mary Barra: Need the company to be strong for ‘several decades’
- Djokovic, Federer and tennis’ top 5 highest-earning players ever
- Actions speak louder, stop apologizing: Kennedy
- Poland arrests Chinese employee of Huawei
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez isn’t the future of the Democratic Party: Joe Lieberman
- Here are the most promising jobs of 2019
- GM stock jumps on plans to cut 15,000 North American workers
- Chef, veterans expand healthy meal delivery business
- Trump says Chinese more honorable than Democrat leaders: Varney
- Saudi Arabia’s strategy for Aramco IPO and $80 oil
- US-China trade war: Why America must win
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Let’s tease an upcoming report on the impact of monopolistic practices in America, how that impacts businesses, investors, and consumers, as we look back to a report linked below on the New York Times last fall that touches on aspects of the same issue.
Now, let’s consider a report today from CNBC, that spotlighted Google and Amazon’s race to see ever more of what you see, and do – and they make money from all of it, of course.
In taking a step back, and looking, one sees a trend towards a small number of mega-corporations dominating the U.S. What will that do to small business, politics, and other issues that impact manufactured housing?
We’ll remind readers about the Creepy Line, because the U.S. has arguably blown past it.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.