If you wonder why the Daily Business News has spent time tracking anti-trust activity in the U.S. and abroad, the answer is simple. It impacts manufactured housing, directly. But further, it may signal anti-trust activity to come in the manufactured housing industry itself.
Yesterday we looked at Warren Buffett and Apple are part of a headline on a manufactured housing industry focused market page, maybe you’ve been on vacation?
Or missed those recent special Daily Business Newsreports…
With Buffett bumping up against potential regulatory challenges in MH with Washington D.C. more willing to take an anti-trust position, Buffett is both deploying capital from that big cash horde of Berkshire Hathaway’s…
….and maybe, just maybe, is positioning himself for the entry of a tech giant into the world of factory-home building.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Senate tax cuts are permanent…for businesses
- Steven Mnuchin’s wife poses with a sheet of money
- More Americans are signing up for Obamacare
- Sears and Kmart in danger of becoming invisible
- How Mugabe killed one of Africa’s richest economies
- Elon Musk email from May is making people upset
- Some states reluctant to join DOJ against AT&T-TW
- CEOs aren’t sure they’ll invest offshore cash in the U.S.
- Saudi Arabia wants its own Amazon or Google
- Wilbur Ross loses his billionaire title – again
- Richard Cordray to step down from the CFPB
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Elon Musk wishes Telsa was private because ‘short sellers want us to die’
- Wall Street falls with energy; tech weighs
- Oil prices fall for fourth day after U.S. crude stocks rise
- U.S. crude stocks rise
- US delivery companies dig deep to hire holiday season help
- Marlins shopping Giancarlo Stanton, MLB’s $325M star
- Jenny McCarthy: Steven Seagal followed me to my car, asked me not to tell
- Mnuchin now on the dollar bill
- Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam knew about sales scheme: former Pilot exec
- Target shares plunge as investors panic over holiday forecast
- U.S. government approaches 18 states to fight AT&T-Time Warner deal
- Investors need to be ‘on their toes’ in 2018: WFC
- You don’t respect my country, I won’t watch your sport: Varney
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,564.62 -14.25(-0.55%)
Dow 30 23,271.28 -138.19(-0.59%)
Nasdaq 6,706.21 -31.66(-0.47%)
Crude Oil 55.25 -0.45(-0.81%)
Gold 1,278.70 -4.20(-0.33%)
Silver 16.99 -0.09(-0.52%)
EUR/USD 1.179 -0.001(-0.08%)
10-Yr Bond 2.34 -0.05(-1.93%)
Russell 2000 1,464.09 -7.16(-0.49%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
AG Opens Anti-Trust Probe of Google.
We’ll let Fox Business’ Neil Cavuto and his guest explain this one…
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.