The announcement by real estate marketing and data giant Zillow yesterday is significant. It signals a move that if sustained should be expected to be disruptive for the housing market long term. Zillow, and another peak into economic data as first quarter earnings hit, are our market spotlight tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Netflix is unstoppable
- Credit card signatures are almost a thing of the past
- Publisher printing 850,000 copies of James Comey book
- Billionaire behind Bratz dolls makes bid for Toys ‘R’ US
- SeaWorld faces enforcement action by SEC
- Flip this house! Zillow plans to buy and sell homes
- Wells Fargo says it will keep lending to gun industry
- Wells Fargo could face $1 billion penalty for auto and mortgage abuses
- Trump orders Postal Service review after attacking Amazon
- The US may have missed its chance to rejoin the TPP
- Why Trump is not a pro-business president
- Kia’s big $60,000 sedan aims to fix its big image problem
- Former AMI editor describes ‘favor bank’ of killed Trump stories
- Former doorman involved in story of alleged Trump affair speaks
- H-1B visa applications are down again
- Company apologizes for job ad seeking ‘Anglo Saxons’
- This group helps low-income kids launch their careers
- Facebook is facing another international investigation
- Zuckerberg and Facebook won in Washington
- States have a $1.4 trillion pension problem
- The middle class is growing again – slowly
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow falls as bank earnings fail to impress investors
- GM plant in Ohio cuts shift; up to 1,500 workers affected
- JPMorgan Chase tops 1Q earnings, revenue expectations
- Aluminum is soaring, threatening to hit consumer wallets
- Trump, USPS and Amazon: What can be done?
- An executive order calls for a task force to study fundamental changes.
- Zillow to buy and flip homes in Las Vegas and Phoenix
- Comey’s only ‘higher loyalty’ is to himself: Kennedy
- Toys ‘R’ Us assets get $890M bid from MGA Entertainment
- Citigroup sees higher 1Q revenue, earnings
- Earnings season kicks off: Should stock investors prepare for disappointment?
- Wells Fargo quarterly earnings rise, revenue slips
- Paul Ryan mulls Wall Street paycheck when House term ends[overlay type]POLITICS
- Paul Ryan mulls Wall Street paycheck when House term ends
- Google code of ethics on military contracts could hinder Pentagon work
- Trump rethinks Trans-Pacific Partnership: biggest winners
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,656.30 -7.69(-0.29%)
Dow 30 24,360.14 -122.91(-0.50%)
Nasdaq 7,106.65 -33.60(-0.47%)
Russell 2000 1,549.51 -7.82(-0.50%)
Crude Oil 67.36 +0.29(+0.43%)
Gold 1,348.30 +6.40(+0.48%)
Silver 16.65 +0.17(+1.04%)
EUR/USD 1.2328 +0.0003(+0.02%)
10-Yr Bond 2.83 -0.005(-0.18%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.