There is no incentive for either side to backdown in the shutdown struggle, said Charles Lane, opinion writer for the left-of-center Washington Post. Both sides are dug in, and are playing to their respective bases. So, the longest shutdown on record continues, and notably, the stock markets have in recent weeks risen. On another day where most tracked manufactured housing stocks rose, we’ll look at the lighter side of the border battle, as the White House thanked nemesis CNN’s Jim Acosta for his report from the border. That will be our feature for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Sears might make it after all
- A last-minute offer to save Sears has cleared one of the last hurdles. Now, a judge must decide
- Two things matter to the market in 2019: the Fed and company earnings
- Companies are waking up to the dangers posed by climate change
- UK businesses blast Brexit ‘rollercoaster ride’
- LIVE UPDATES Dow jumps; Goldman Sachs has its best day in nearly a decade
- Snap shares slump after CFO exit
- Netflix’s price hike: How much is too much for consumers?
- Goldman Sachs CEO apologizes to people of Malaysia
- David Haskell promoted to editor in chief at New York magazine
- America first? Small US stocks are hurting from the trade war
- Bob Marley-branded CBD drinks coming to stores soon
- Shopping Content by CNN Underscored
- These earbuds are an alternative to AirPods
- Citigroup pays women 30% less than men
- Trade wars. Brexit. Government shutdown. Uncertainty is everywhere
- The new Gillette ad which gives a nod towards the MeToo movement. Credit: Gillette
- What that Gillette ad says about the trend in woke advertising
- How Amazon’s Alexa got so smart
- Amazon is using AI in almost everything it does
- Growing up with Alexa: A child’s relationship with Amazon’s voice assistant
- Google wants its virtual assistant in every room of your house
- THE CARLOS GHOSN SAGA
- France says Renault should replace Carlos Ghosn
- Auto magnate’s wife slams Japan’s legal system
- How Japan’s corporate culture allows corrupt CEOs to win
- Carlos Ghosn’s arrest shows that even visionaries need oversight
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Stocks rise as Goldman Sachs, other big banks release positive profit reports
- Trump’s AG nominee Barr may target big tech
- IRS waives penalty for some Americans who underpaid taxes
- Government shutdown: What top lawmakers are paid
- These are the best banks in America right now
- Pelosi to Trump: Reschedule State of the Union address
- Consuming vitamins, supplements can be extremely dangerous, Dr. Mike warns
- Here’s where the world’s high net worth individuals live
- Most high net worth investors had the majority of their portfolio in liquid assets.
- Sears employees upset over Lampert’s bid win
- Kia, Hyundai recalling 168,000 vehicles for fire risks
- Nike unveils ‘Adapt BB’ self-lacing basketball sneaker: What to know
- ‘Fortnite’ security flaw allowed hackers to make purchases, listen to players
- The real reason why Macy’s struggles continue
- Marley’s cannabis-infused drink will be in stores soon
- Retailer Shopko enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy amid mounting debt
- Democrats introduce $15 minimum wage bill
- GOVERNMENT AND INSTITUTIONS
- Waters, House panel may heighten Wall Street oversight
- Brexit Deal Rejected: What’s Next?
- Why British PM May should opt for no-deal Brexit
- Brexit deal soundly rejected by British lawmakers
- The Brexit Vote: How much should we care?
- LIFESTYLE AND BUDGET
- Marriott to rename loyalty program after cyber attack
- Personal finance: The truth about becoming an American millionaire
- Government shutdown and your health: What you need to know
- Small business government shutdown cheat sheet
- Lawmakers who are forgoing pay amid shutdown
- Continue to Government shutdown
- Travelling to Super Bowl LIII could become an issue amid shutdown
- Apple in talks with private Medicare plans to subsidize its watch: Report
- Why oil, gas giant ConocoPhillips stock bucked industry trends
- Retail Apocalypse: These big retailers closing stores, filing for bankruptcy
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Sometimes, the news takes an unexpectedly lighter turn. That happened a few days ago, when anti-Trump CNN champion, Jim Acosta went to the border to prove that there was no crisis or emergency.
The border battle is at the heart of the federal government shutdown, for both Democrats and Republicans.
In under two minutes, this video will cause some to smile, and others to frown. The longest shutdown continues. It is said that it will increasingly have an economic impact, which for now is limited to roughly a million federal workers and contractors.
It’s a symbol of divided government.
See the related reports, by clicking the linked text/image box below, for the facts behind this evening’s vexing video irony.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.