On the 10th up week for rising largely markets. It was a good day for the markets in general, and manufactured home connected stocks too. Tonight, we turn to a video with White House Council of Economic Advisers Chair Kevin Hassett. He lays out the numbers looking back, and looking ahead. On a day when most tracked stocks rose, the 2019 economic growth forecast and 2018 GDP recap will be our focus report for this evening
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Some of Wells Fargo’s troubles may soon be over
- The bank’s fake-accounts scandal has gone for two years. Now it may be coming to an end
- Lyft files for $100 million IPO
- Lyft names some surprising competitors, including … Apple?!
- Chinese stocks just got a whole lot more important for global investors
- Canadian Government allows Huawei CFO’s extradition process to go forward
- EBay weighs selling off businesses after pressure from activist investors
- With the promise of verification, hackers are targeting Instagram influencers
- These two innovators have created an app to curb screentime
- 10 in a row: Nasdaq’s longest weekly win streak since 1999
- Britain’s hopes of a trade deal with America just suffered a big blow
- NYC officials plead with Jeff Bezos to win back HQ2
- Content by LendingTree
- Refinance rates just dropped (15 year fixed). Lock in now!
- Lyft IPO to test investor appetite for founder-controlled tech companies
- SpaceX to launch first-ever demo of Crew Dragon capsule
- Starbucks fans fight over limited edition ‘cat paw cups’ in China
- STOCK BUYBACKS: GOOD OR EVIL?
- The New York Stock Exchange is seen in New York on February 16, 2017.
- White House economist: Limiting buybacks could create ‘zombie’ firms
- The case for banning stock buybacks
- Despite backlash, stock buybacks keep booming
- The stock buyback backlash may be misplaced
- Hedge fund manager: Stock buybacks should be ‘illegal’
- Amazon’s new waste-reduction strategy: Deliver only once a week
- AI may help solve Amazon’s counterfeits problem
- Anti-vaccination conspiracy theories thrive on Amazon
- Amazon invests money in electric pickups
- Despite record profits, Amazon didn’t pay any federal income tax in 2017 or 2018. Here’s why
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Stocks up as trade optimism offsets weak manufacturing data
- Whole Foods’ owner Amazon launching lower-price grocery chain: Report
- Kudlow drops US, China trade-deal bombshell
- Southwest sues mechanics as flight cancellations mount
- Within 48 hours, these retailers announced 465 store closures
- Bill Gates’ top breakthrough technologies to watch
- Bryce Harper rejected $45M per year from Dodgers: Report
- Johnny Manziel could get AAF tryout if he’s ‘clean and clear’
- Bryce Harper’s $330M contract: How much will he owe Uncle Sam?
- Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch for sale with drastic price cut
- Cuomo courting Amazon again after HQ2 pull-out in February
- Ray Dalio lowered his odds of a recession before 2020. Here’s why
- Tesla to shell out cash for big $920M bond payment
- Larry Kudlow: Socialism will cost US trillions
- What Jason Witten will earn from Cowboys after leaving ESPN broadcast booth
- The most expensive commutes in the US
- Average tax refunds up 19%, now in line with 2018 levels, IRS says
- Lyft files for IPO, to kick off roadshow later this month
- Why the number of $100 bills around the world is skyrocketing
- cannabis company: Access to legal marijuana critical[overlay type]
- Veteran-owned cannabis company: Access to legal marijuana critical
- Legalizing recreational cannabis at the federal level has benefits.
- Some NFL teams potentially eligible for big tax break under new law
- More than a dozen teams have stadiums located in so-called “opportunity zones.”
- Nancy Pelosi brushes off Green New Deal and Medicare for All
- Is House Speaker Nancy Pelosi trying to wrangle her party?
- Socialists winning Democrats’ clash with party moderates: Varney
- Medicaid work requirements … are working
- Blackstone CEO Schwarzman’s $350M MIT gift to power AI computing
- Karl Lagerfeld’s ‘heiress’ Choupette could become world’s richest cat
Unclaimed $1.5B jackpot mystery: Winner died? Ticket lost?
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
White House Council of Economic Advisers Chair Kevin Hassett said that the U.S. economy was at 2.6 percent growth in the fourth quarter of 2018, and finished the year with 3 percent total Gross Domestic Product increase.
Hassert’s expecting more of the same in 2019. That’s in keeping with what numerous other experts are saying. See the related reports for more.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.