As an investment and business guru told MHProNews today, one person can move the markets. He was talking about Warren Buffett, and his big bet on Apple. That will be the focus for our market report tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Elon Musk kinda, sorta admits he messed up
- We asked how Trump’s tax cuts were affecting CNNMoney readers. Hundreds responded
- Warren Buffett just bought a ton more shares of Apple
- Unemployment is below 4% for the first time since 2000
- Oprah has made a killing on Weight Watchers stock
- Argentina hikes interest rates to 40%
- Warren Buffett speaks on Saturday. Here are 6 things to watch for
- Why Volkswagen can’t ignore new diesel cover-up claim
- Volkswagen ex-CEO charged with fraud
- Three women sue Charlie Rose, CBS News for sexual harassment
- Denver Post editor resigns in protest: ‘I was being boxed in’
- Inside the business model of a ‘baby Breitbart’
- Paramount CEO: It’s a ‘great time’ to be a content creator
- How GE’s inventions changed American life
- 5 questions to ask yourself before buying an annuity
- The US-China trade talks just ended. Here’s what we know
- Xerox CEO is back as board does shock U-turn
- He created vegan mayo. Now, this CEO wants to end world hunger
- Upstart airline snubs one of Europe’s top airlines … twice
- Twitter says all 336 million users should change their passwords
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow posts triple-digit gains with help from Apple
- Apple buoyed by Buffett, posts a record closing high
- Job-hopping is on the rise and the Fed likes what it sees
- Nike CEO apologizes for a ‘boys club’ atmosphere
- New York City drops minimum wage ‘bomb’
- Restaurants can’t afford increases, owner says.
- CBS-Viacom talks: Shari Redstone said to make concession
- New York’s Plaza Hotel to sell for $600M
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk doubles down on ‘bonehead’ remark
- Kentucky Derby: A look back at the highest paid racehorses
- White House rips Paul Krugman for ‘nothing burger’ tax remarks
- Black leadership engaged in the race business: Candace Owens
- WWE star Glenn ‘Kane’ Jacobs welcomes tax exodus to Knox County, Tennessee
- India’s Flipkart approves majority stake sale for $15B to Walmart-led group, report
- Warren Buffett’s top stocks: Have they changed?
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,663.42 +33.69(+1.28%)
Dow 30 24,262.51 +332.36(+1.39%)
Nasdaq 7,209.62 +121.47(+1.71%)
Russell 2000 1,565.60 +19.05(+1.23%)
Crude Oil 69.78 +1.35(+1.97%)
Gold 1,315.50 +2.80(+0.21%)
Silver 16.55 +0.10(+0.60%)
EUR/USD 1.1965 -0.0022(-0.19%)
10-Yr Bond 2.94 -0.00(-0.07%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
“Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway will make about $700 million annually on Apple’s dividend alone,” said CNBC.
According to CNBC,
- Berkshire Hathaway’s large Apple stock holding will pay big dividends for the company.
- On Tuesday the smartphone maker announced a quarterly dividend increase of 16 percent, to 73 cents a share.
- Buffett revealed to CNBC that Berkshire bought an astounding 75 million shares of Apple during the first quarter. That adds to the 165.3 million shares Berkshire already owned at the end of 2017.
The big Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting is upon us. For some prior Warren Buffett and Kevin Clayton related videos, please click the link below. You’ll here about “the Moat,” and so much more.
Best Warren Buffett, Kevin Clayton, Clayton Homes, Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting, Competition, and “the Moat” Video Collection, Jim Clayton, Oakwood Homes, largest manufactured housing builder, largest HUD Code Manufactured Housing producer, largest manufactured home retailer, not mobile home, not trailer house,
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.