Concerns over war with North Korea aren’t gone, but a variety of signals at home and abroad have calmed nervous investors. So for today’s spotlight, we’ll return to a the push for tax reform, 2017.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall market stocks.
Part of this unique feature spotlights headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Wall Street stages biggest rally in nearly 4 months
- Trump is getting tough on trade with China
- Trump’s promised ‘press conference’ wasn’t that at all
- Trump administration vs. Chinese trade: Explained
- CEOs keep turning on Trump
- Netflix plans to spend nearly $16 billion on content
- CEOs condemn racism after Charlottesville
- Merck CEO quits Trump council Trending
- Wall Street cheers after Argentina’s ex-president loses
- NYP: Trump ‘badly missed the mark’ on Charlottesville
- Trump’s ‘TV lawyer’ would rather talk about Loretta Lynch
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Aetna meets with Apple to bring smartwatch to more consumers: report
- Merck CEO joins these high profile execs abandoning White House councils
- Apple’s Cook, other CEOs condemn Charlottesville white supremacists
- Trump rips Merck CEO for leaving American Manufacturing Council
- Stocks climb back as North Korea worries ease
- Oil prices fall 2 pct on strong dollar, weak China data
- US hasn’t had a serious, qualified president in 25 years: Lt. Col. Ralph Peters
- Trump’s tax overhaul: 4 key questions
- Gasoline, diesel cars will be phased out: Germany’s Angela Merkel
- Fed could shrink portfolio soon: New York Fed’s William Dudley
- Under pressure, Trump calls neo-Nazis and KKK criminals
- ‘Pawn Stars’ Rick Harrison takes OJ Simpson’s getaway Bronco for a spin
- US war to denuclearize North Korea would be ugliest military act since WWII: Ret. Navy admiral
- Snap shares bounce off low; employees free to sell shares
- WWE’s Ric Flair hospitalized with ‘tough medical issues,’ rep says
- 8 expenses that account for 87% of the average household budget
- Oil hits 2-month high, further U.S. inventory drop seen
- Home Depot Earnings: 3 Things to Watcharticle Home Depot Earnings: 3 Things to Watch
S&P 500 2,465.84 +24.52 (+1.00%)
Dow 30 21,993.71 +135.39 (+0.62%)
Nasdaq 6,340.23 +83.68 (+1.34%)
Crude Oil 47.50 -1.32 (-2.70%)
Gold 1,287.30 -6.70 (-0.52%)
Silver 17.07 -0.00 (-0.03%)
EUR/USD 1.1778 -0.0046 (-0.39%)
10-Yr Bond 2.219 +0.03 (+1.37%)
Russell 2000 1,394.31 +20.08 (+1.46%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
Markets overall rose widely, as the graphic below reflects. Only one tracked stock slipped today.
For all the scores and highlights on tracked stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Tax Reform in Two Videos
From Fox Business…
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Markets Data
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers. LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing, while AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ##
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.