Former CKE Restaurants CEO Andy Puzder on companies using extra profits from tax reform to re-invest in the U.S, per reports from media outlets across the political spectrum today.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Why Twitter won’t block Trump
- Wolff’s Trump book hits #1
- How states may try to get around SALT deduction cap
- Amazon’s smart mirror patent teases fashion’s future
- Taco Bell to roll out $1 nacho fries
- Why Disney hotels removed ‘Do Not Disturb’ signs
- Netflix still wears the streaming crown
- Auto sales fall for the first time in 9 years
- NY gov. wants food pantries at every state college
- What tax reform means for the next big lottery winner
- Bitcoin is too hot for criminals. So they’re using this
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Mitt Romney taps key hedge fund advisers for potential return to politics – and maybe even the presidency
- Tax reform to fuel US economy, stock rally in 2018
- Tech shares push U.S. stocks to new records
- US energy infrastructure to be tested by major winter storm
- Jacksonville Jaguars donate 1,000 playoff tickets to refugees
- Tesla’s Model 3 deliveries fall short of estimates
- Construction CEOs: We’re hiring but can’t find workers
- Canada Goose shares rise as ‘bomb cyclone’ approaches
- Fed minutes reveal uncertainties over tax cuts
- Palestinians rejected hundreds of Netanyahu’s peace offers, spokesperson says
- Trump is a bonanza for business: Varney
- FBN’s Stuart Varney weighs in on U.S. tax reform.
- Peter Thiel’s bitcoin bet makes millions
- Inflation nation, how to prepare and capitalize
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
S&P 500 2,713.06 +17.25(+0.64%)
Dow 30 24,922.68 +98.67(+0.40%)
Nasdaq 7,065.53 +58.63(+0.84%)
Russell 2000 1,552.58 +17.06(+1.11%)
Crude Oil 61.93 +1.56(+2.58%)
Gold 1,314.50 -1.60(-0.12%)
Silver 17.17 -0.04(-0.21%)
EUR/USD 1.2012 0.00(-0.0033%)
10-Yr Bond 2.45 -0.02(-0.73%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Former CKE Restaurants CEO Andy Puzder sounded off today on what he expects from big business, on repatriation of money kept overseas, domestic investments, and stock buy-backs.
It’s a hot issue, as it could not only shape economic growth, but also will be a campaign issue for both Democrats and Republicans in the 2018 midterms.
The intro that Puzder mentions is the one shown in the video below. Varney’s pithy comments are, as Puzder suggests, spot on with how the tax cuts could play out in politics in this mid-term election year.
The NFIB’s take on tax cuts, and CBS’ surprising analysis, is found in the report linked below.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis, commentary.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.