The markets continue to digest the trade war talk. Word is that the president will announce that economist Larry Kudlow will replace Gary Cohn, which if true, is an interesting signal. Kudlow has opposed the tariffs, except as a negotiating move.
Tax cuts phase two was a topic today, what’s up with that plan? That will be our spotlight focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Sorry, Hollywood. Netflix rules the media world
- Take that New York. We’re going PACIFIC
- Sign up for PACIFIC
- Facebook robots may one day follow you around at home
- Trump falls more than 200 spots on Forbes Billionaires List
- The biggest thing Trump gets wrong on trade
- BlackBerry sues Facebook for patent infringement
- Target raises its minimum wage again
- 11 tax deductions and other ways to cut your 2017 tax bill
- Can you afford to buy a home in these 50 cities?
- Pick the right medical provider and you can get cash back
- The financial impact of winning (and losing) the birth lottery
- Brexit could hurt UK car industry’s electric dreams
- Craft breweries fear Trump’s tariffs will doom the boom
- Trump’s relationship with big biz hits speed bump
- Wall Street is on edge about tariffs
- Sam Nunberg goes dark after spectacular meltdown
- Target raises its minimum wage again
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- SEC chairman fires this warning on cryptocurrencies: EXCLUSIVE
- Broadcom-Qualcomm deal: Why US is intervening
- Trump tariffs fire up CEOs who ready lobbying fight
- Stocks edge higher after tariff opposition
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos tops Forbes billionaire list; Trump slides again
- CVS’s $44B bond sale to help pay for Aetna deal
- Sam Nunberg will seek treatment: Charlie Gasparino
- McDonald’s changes burgers, rolls out fresh beef patties[overlay type]FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- McDonald’s changes burgers, rolls out fresh beef patties
- Amazon vs. Walmart: all-out grocery war is on
- Tax reform: No noticeable paycheck changes? Here’s why
- Retail Apocalypse: 23 big retailers closing stores
- US retirement danger: American savings patterns inadequate, study
- Car tariffs would hurt US jobs, BMW CEO says
- Opioid overdose for children can be fatal: Dr. Siegel
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,728.12 +7.18(+0.26%)
Dow 30 24,884.12 +9.36(+0.04%)
Nasdaq 7,372.01 +41.30(+0.56%)
Russell 2000 1,562.20 +16.16(+1.04%)
Crude Oil 62.31 -0.26(-0.42%)
Gold 1,335.50 +15.60(+1.18%)
Silver 16.77 +0.36(+2.21%)
EUR/USD 1.2406 +0.0072(+0.58%)
10-Yr Bond 2.88 -0.00(-0.14%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
CNBC contributor Larry Kudlow is said to be poised to replace Gary Cohn, according to an array of sources across the left-right media divide. As noted at the top, what makes the move relevant is that Kudlow is known to oppose tariffs in principle, with targeted exceptions, which could include using them as a negotiating tool.
MHProNews reported recently what the impact of those tariffs could be for the cost of a manufactured home, at the link below.
Many in the industry have embraced the notion of the tax cuts, which are already hitting most workers pay checks nationally. What will the so-called phase two of the cuts cover? It could include reforms to retire laws, and making some cuts permeant. More details are in the video, below.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.