On a mostly up day for manufactured home equities, we’ll spotlight Sun Communities, recent insider trading, and more.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Another shot for Toys ‘R’ Us
- The brand still has 900 stores worldwide. Now its owners want to bring it back to the US
- The strategy behind McDonald’s latest breakfast creation
- Don’t worry, tech earnings will rebound
- Tesla isn’t running out of cash after all, analyst says
- Siemens CEO on Brexit: Nobody invests into uncertainty
- Hedge fund manager: Stock buybacks should be ‘illegal’
- Report: National Enquirer publisher asked Justice Department if it needed to register as foreign agent
- Lower tax refunds might hurt the economy
- IBM machine to face human debating champion
- Inside Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg’s partnership
- Sears survived bankruptcy. Can it survive long term?
- The scariest Brexit possibility for BMW
- Lawyer for National Enquirer’s CEO denies the tabloid extorted Jeff Bezos
- Ex-NYT editor says she ‘made some errors’ in crediting sources in new book
- How to prove you have management potential, even if you’re not in charge
- Every business should have at least one of these cards (Here’s why)
- CBD may soon be coming to a mall near you
- Pot stocks may be a bubble that needs to burst
- Marlboro owner Altria invests $1.8 billion in cannabis company Cronos
- CBD-infused beverages could hit shelves sooner than you think
- More big consumer companies will bet on pot this year
- Fake video is coming. The US government is racing to fight it
- The world’s biggest spice company is using AI to find new flavors
- Why tiny robots are taking pictures of cats
- How AI is making business travel better
- Facebook scientist says it’s ‘dust’ without artificial intelligence
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Smith & Wesson: Reputation among gun supporters is main concern
- Wealthy Americans are paying this much in taxes
- Treasury says lower tax refund reports ‘misleading’
- Alzheimer’s treatments hit with FDA crack down for false claims
- Chicago pol weighs ‘robot tax’ after Amazon’s HQ2 controversy
- Americans expect financial situation to worsen as pessimism rises
- Household staples are going to cost you more
- Kyler Murray chooses NFL, will forfeit most of $4.66M MLB signing bonus: Report
- AAF posts solid TV ratings for debut, matches NBA broadcast
- Varney: Dems bashing success ensures more high-tax state exodus
- Amazon NYC headquarters is a sham, lawmaker says
- Why people aren’t buying homes in California
- Elizabeth Warren vs. Wall Street: What to know
- This is the most financially friendly state for seniors
- How to recession-proof your retirement portfolio
- NYPD demands Google remove Waze app checkpoint feature
- Wealthy people live by these rules
- Fox RSN sale grows more confusing as Angels owner eyes several networks
- How Venmo became an emotional wrecking ball for millennials
- ‘The Lego Movie 2’ opens No. 1 but everything is not awesome
- GOP lawmaker says Trump should take $2B in wall funding as ‘down payment’
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Shares of Sun Communities Inc (NYSE:SUI) have been given a consensus recommendation of “Hold” by the eight research firms that are currently covering the stock, MarketBeat and the Fairfield Current reports.
A stock research analyst reportedly rated Sun Communities as a sell. Two have issued a hold rating. Four have given a buy rating to the company. That seems to argue against the consensus that Fairfield stated, leaning more toward “buy.”
The firm has a market capitalization of $9.80 billion, a PE ratio of 27.39, a PEG ratio of 3.60 and a beta of 0.28. Sun Communities has a 52-week low of $82.04 and a 52-week high of $113.89, per the Fairfield Current.
The business also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Tuesday, January 15th. Shareholders of record on Monday, December 31st were given a $0.71 dividend. The ex-dividend date was Friday, December 28th. That represents a $2.84 annualized dividend and a yield of 2.49%, the stock news tracker reported. Sun Communities’ payout ratio is currently 68.11%.
In related news, COO John Bandini McLaren sold 2,400 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, November 30th. The stock was sold at an average price of $103.42, for a total transaction of $248,208.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the chief operating officer now owns 152,624 shares in the company, valued at $15,784,374.08. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, available at this link as a download.
Insiders reportedly own some 3.69% of the company’s stock.
Other Recent Reports on Tracked Stocks:
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.