U.S. markets rallied Monday as strong corporate earnings helped investors brush off geopolitical concerns, and the Dow rose by triple digits. That data will be our stock market focus report for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- How Russian retaliation could hurt America
- T-Mobile fined $40 million for “false rings”
- Allegiant Air can ride out safety questions raised by ’60 Minutes’ report
- Every top New York Times best-seller this year has been about Trump
- New Yorker and New York Times win 2018 Pulitzer for Harvey Weinstein reporting
- Black men arrested at Philadelphia Starbucks agree to meet with CEO
- See the arrest that spurred Starbucks protests
- Domino’s will deliver pizza to the beach
- Clash of the Titans: Adidas and Nike continue to battle it out
- Trump names two more picks to fill Fed Board
- Trump contradicts own Treasury Department with China currency tweet
- Britain’s biggest carmaker cuts 1,000 jobs
- Battle over sales taxes on online purchases heads to Supreme Court
- India’s Ola wants to put a million electric vehicles on the road
- CEO of $20 million startup could lose his visa and his business
- Getting fired was the best thing that happened to this billionaire
- CEO of world’s biggest ad agency steps down
- NYC will require sexual harassment training for workers
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow posts triple-digit gains on earnings optimism
- Netflix stock rallies as 7.4M subscribers added
- Trump Fed nods: Pimco exec, bank commissioner
- Comey trying to sell books, not save America: Conway
- IRS asks for extra cash: Are Americans more at risk of being audited?
- Amazon hits pause on plan to sell drugs as challenges mount
- Treasury spokesman fires back at Pelosi: This is what economic growth is
- T-Mobile to pay $40M after false ring tones, rural call glitches
- Home Depot co-founder: Profits are not the only measure of success
- SoftBank may bid for Tronc newspaper chain
- Allegiant Air under fire after ’60 Minutes’ safety report
- Steve Ballmer: Government lacks courage to balance budget
- Trump backs state bid to tax online sales as case reaches Supreme Court
- Starbucks CEO meeting 2 men arrested in Philadelphia store
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,677.84+21.54(+0.81%)
Dow 30 24,573.04 +212.90(+0.87%)
Nasdaq 7,156.28 +49.63(+0.70%)
Russell 2000 1,563.03 +13.52(+0.87%)
Crude Oil 66.30 -1.09(-1.62%)
Gold 1,348.70 +0.80(+0.06%)
Silver 16.67 +0.01(+0.04%)
EUR/USD 1.2379 +0.005(+0.41%)
10-Yr Bond 2.83 +0.00(+0.11%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
“Wall Street is coming off a positive week, during which forecasts for a robust earnings season overshadowed lingering uncertainty over U.S. trade,” reported right-of-center Fox Business.
“Analysts believe companies in the S&P 500 will report the best earnings growth in six years. Companies that have reported first-quarter earnings so far have said tax cuts and strength in the U.S. economy have fueled profits,” per a report this evening.
“Economic data released Monday included retail sales, which increased by 0.6% in March, snapping four months of declines. The Empire State Manufacturing Survey, which monitors manufacturing in New York state, was also released on Monday, and the April reading came in at 15.8 versus the prior 12.5,” they said.
This morning’s video interview on RLJ Companies founder, Robert Johnson, has related data and insights that compliment the two videos, and data above.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.