The conventional wisdom is the president got rolled by establishment types in both major parties. Will this haunt the GOP and President Trump in 2018? We’ll explore the spending deal, and Peter Navarro on trade are our features for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Cambridge Analytica claims audit will confirm it deleted Facebook data
- Pando founder Sarah Lacy unpacks Facebook’s ‘crisis of confidence’
- China may target American cherries, pistachios and sparkling wine
- Dow sheds 1,100 points in two days on fears of trade war
- Bank of America ‘systematically’ misled clients about stock trades
- China won’t rule out scaling back US Treasury purchases
- Microsoft’s epic court battle with DOJ is coming to an end
- Elon Musk deletes Facebook accounts for Tesla and SpaceX
- Trade fears add to worry that a downturn will come sooner rather than later
- New hope for those who didn’t qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Senators demand answers on self-driving car loophole
- Craigslist shuts down its personals section
- Blockbuster Video founder dies
- Volkswagen is doubling down on China
- Steve Wynn sells the last of his stake in Wynn Resorts
- 8 tax-filing mistakes to avoid
- He’s Trump’s most important trade official. And you’ve probably never heard of him
- Now China plans to hit the US with tariffs
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Trump: Troops will see largest pay boost in decade thanks to spending bill
- Trump backs $1.3T spending bill after veto threat
- Peter Navarro dismisses China trade war concern
- S&P 500 posts worst week in two years on trade jitters
- Bank of America to pay $42M to settle trading probe
- New York Auto Show: The 10 cars and SUVs to watch
- Wayne Huizenga mourned by Florida’s sports community
- NFL’s Patriots fly Parkland students on team plane for DC gun control rally
- Facebook mishandled data mining scandal: Roger McNamee
- Out of ideas? Invest in sports teams, Mario Gabelli says
- Regulating Facebook, Google will hurt internet: Zuckerberg mentor
- Elon Musk joins #deletefacebook boycott, removes SpaceX and Tesla pages from site
- Gabelli sees 80% probability that AT&T-Time Warner deal will go through
- Weather Channel buyer got start with Jimmy ‘Dyn-o-mite’ Walker
- Trump vs. Biden? President a slight boxing favorite, oddsmaker says[overlay type]
- Trump vs. Biden? President a slight boxing favorite, oddsmaker says
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,588.26 -55.43(-2.10%)
Dow 30 23,533.20 -424.69(-1.77%)
Nasdaq 6,992.67 -174.01(-2.43%)
Russell 2000 1,510.08 -33.79(-2.19%)
Crude Oil 65.74 +1.44(+2.24%)
Gold 1,347.30 +19.90(+1.50%)
Silver 16.56 +0.17(+1.06%)
EUR/USD 1.24 +0.01(+0.41%)
10-Yr Bond 2.83 -0.002(-0.07%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The Trump base isn’t happy about the deal tonight If you listened to talk radio today, and the mood doesn’t change before November…
…the other side of the coin is that the president has been thought to be down-and-out before.
Time will tell.
Snapshots from CNBC and Fox Business…
- Trump signs $1.3 trillion spending bill into law despite being ‘unhappy’ about it.
- The signing marked the second about-face for Trump in 24 hours.
- The White House had said he would sign it, then said he might veto it.
- Trump is irked about the immigration proposals included in the legislation.
Advisor Peter Navarro on Trade
Bloomberg Ticker on MH Connected Stocks…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.