On 1.26.2018, Skyline Corporation (SKY) manufactured homes stock closed at 23.30. Today, about 1 month later, the stock closed at 21.39. But that doesn’t tell the full tale of what’s trending with investors in the stock, which will be our focus report for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- February was an insane month for the stock market
- USA Today publishes op-ed by InfoWars conspiracy theorist
- Weight Watchers (and Oprah) are winning the diet war
- The fate of ‘Fearless Girl’ will be decided next week
- #MeToo pushes 48% of companies to review pay policies
- The new Walmart customer: Higher-end and digital-savvy
- Fox buries unflattering story for Trump White House…again
- Pizza Hut replaces Papa John’s as the NFL’s official sponsor
- Is it really necessary to pay a financial adviser?
- India’s mobile price war just claimed another victim
- There’s no easy way to take sides in polarized America
- Tens of thousands of Medicaid recipients don’t pay their premiums
- iQiyi, the Netflix of China, is going public in the US
- Papa John’s is ending its NFL sponsorship
- Cronos, a marijuana producer, starts trading on the Nasdaq
- Uber’s leadership guru leaves after less than a year
- Johnnie Walker is being replaced by Jane
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow loses 381 points as stocks shed early gains
- Dick’s Sporting Goods violating civil rights laws?
- GDP fourth-quarter growth revised down to 2.5%
- Oil prices fall on increase in US supply
- IRS unveils tax calculator: Does your W-4 need to be updated?
- Georgia threatening Delta over cutting its NRA ties defended by Texas AG
- Spotify files for IPO
- Herbalife climbs after Ackman says Pershing exiting short
- NFL gets Pizza Hut to replace Papa John’s as official pizza sponsor
- NFL’s Richard Sherman embraces bitcoin, blockchain
- ‘Cinderella diet’ push for low BMI fuels eating disorders, Dr. Mike warns
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,713.83 -30.45(-1.11%)
Dow 30 25,029.20 -380.83(-1.50%)
Nasdaq 7,273.01 -57.35(-0.78%)
Russell 2000 1,512.45 -24.03(-1.56%)
Crude Oil 61.52 -1.49(-2.36%)
Gold 1,319.40 +0.80(+0.06%)
Silver 16.42 -0.02(-0.12%)
EUR/USD 1.2195 -0.0038(-0.31%)
10-Yr Bond 2.87 -0.04(-1.38%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Champion once was publicly traded, went private and is not yet again being publicly traded, pending their deal. So the report below focuses on data reported on Skyline Corporation recently.
While some of the decline in the past 30 days for Skyline may be due to the roller coaster ride of the markets during February, there are also indicators that investor sentiment is not at the high-pitched level it was immediately following the Skyline Champion merger announcement.
That said, there are filings that are positive for the company too.
Just hours ago, on February 28, 2018, according to Winifred Garcia, with the Norman Observer, the following was reported.
- Robotti Robert increased its stake in Skyline Corp (SKY) by 51.16% based on its latest 2017Q3 regulatory filing with the SEC. Robotti Robert bought 39,022 shares as the company’s stock declined 50.77% while stock markets rallied.
- The institutional investor held 115,300 shares of the homebuilding company at the end of 2017Q3, valued at $1.39M, up from 76,278 at the end of the previous reported quarter.
- Robotti Robert who had been investing in Skyline Corp for a number of months, seems to be bullish on the $183.57M market cap company. The stock increased 2.95% or $0.63 during the last trading session, reaching $21.88. About 65,465 shares traded.
- Skyline Corporation (NYSEMKT:SKY) has declined 38.06% since February 28, 2017 and is downtrending. It has underperformed by 54.76% the S&P500.
- Gabelli Funds Ltd Liability Company holds 0.01% of its portfolio in Skyline Corporation (NYSEAMERICAN:SKY) for 185,990 shares. Gsa Cap Prtn Limited Liability Partnership has invested 0.02% in Skyline Corporation (NYSEAMERICAN:SKY).
- Thompson Davis & Communication Inc holds 0.02% or 750 shares in its portfolio.
- NJ State Employees Deferred Compensation Plan has 24,000 shares.
- Venator Cap Limited invested in 352,132 shares or 4.4% of the stock.
- Geode Cap Management Ltd Liability has 0% invested in Skyline Corporation (NYSEAMERICAN:SKY).
- Gendell Jeffrey L stated it has 1.09% of its portfolio in Skyline Corporation (NYSEAMERICAN:SKY).
- Blackrock has 0% invested in Skyline Corporation (NYSEAMERICAN:SKY) for 200,964 shares.
- Dimensional Fund Advsr Limited Partnership holds 0% or 277,315 shares in its portfolio.
- Gamco Investors Et Al invested 0.03% in Skyline Corporation (NYSEAMERICAN:SKY).
- JPMorgan Chase owns 1,283 shares.
- Teton Advisors holds 90,172 shares or 0.1% of its portfolio.
- Quantum Capital Mgmt owns 43,273 shares.
- Price T Rowe Incorporated Md holds 16,847 shares.
Since January 5, 2018, it had 1 [insider] buy, and 0 selling transactions for $831,711 activity.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.