It’s still been a rough month on Wall Street, but today’s record move up on the Dow helped put a post-Christmas smile on the face of investors. Most manufactured home stocks rose. Some broader market commentary is our feature this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Markets staged a miraculous comeback following stocks’ worst-ever Christmas Eve. The Dow had its best day ever
- ANALYSIS Wall Street craves certainty. But all it’s getting is chaos
- Oil erases Christmas plunge. But its 2018 crash remains a big worry
- Government shutdown threatens access to key economic data
- How to delete Facebook (It won’t help)
- Retailers had their best holiday in six years
- In 2018, SUVs took over everything
- Millennial women are working more. But they’re still doing most of the housework
- JCPenney stock falls below $1 for the first time ever
- The Gap will close its Fifth Avenue store in New York
- 20181221 perspectives negotiating while black
- PERSPECTIVES The wage gap no one is talking about
- This CEO thinks it’s crazy to work more than 40 hours a week
- What to do when you don’t get along with your boss
- Salesforce president: Being an introvert is a strength
- How one CEO keeps his 167-year-old company young
- In high-paying jobs, the wage gap can cost women millions
- AMAZON’S DELIVERY AMBITIONS
- Watch out, FedEd and UPS. Amazon is growing its air fleet again
- The US government may soon be Amazon’s biggest customer
- The high-risk, high-reward world of selling stuff on Amazon
- Now Amazon makes the stuff it sells
- We got an Amazon package delivered to our car
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Dow soars 1,000 points, marks largest one-day gain ever
- A look at the history of bear markets since 1929
- Trump sees market plunge as a good opportunity to buy, but is it?
- Trump ‘very happy’ with Treasury Secretary Mnuchin, White House adviser says
- Opinion: What 401(k) investors need to know now in a bear market
- How to recession-proof your finances
- Jerome Powell: Can Trump fire him?
- Mega Millions could deliver biggest Christmas lottery gift ever
- Holiday retail sales are strongest in years: Report
- Brick-and-mortars to rock in the new year
- Why Dec. 26 is the best day to buy a house
- Facebook poised for 2019 comeback, noted short-seller says
- Madoff’s former secretary seeks early release from prison
- Taxpayers can no longer claim these 4 deductions
- Amazon’s ‘Digital Day’ is final sales promo of year
- Tesla to reimburse customers for tax credits on late shipments
- Gap to shutter its Fifth Avenue store in a few weeks
- What’s To Come In 2019
- These are going to be the hottest jobs in 2019
- Things that will cost more in 2019
- The biggest IPOs that may be coming in 2019
- Verizon rips Disney for ‘declining viewership’ amid carriage spat
- Exxon says drilling offshore Guyana unaffected by Venezuela navy incident
- The biggest billionaire winners, losers of 2018
- A look at what 2019 may bring to your finances
- US Justice Ginsburg released from hospital after cancer surgery
- It’s time to give Elon Musk some respect: Varney
- Crumbling crude is flashing a warning signal
- Why the U.S. Chamber supports USMCA (U.S.-Mexico-Canada-Agreement)
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
None of the talking heads on these videos say it, but political uncertainty in the U.S. and abroad, juiced by hyped negative headlines are serious factors in the recently downward pressures.
That said, these investors from CNBC are up on the market in general, because they are up on the U.S. economy and related fundamentals.
Manufactured housing is underperforming, the rest are details and commentary.
For those who see that reality, and do take the prudential steps to something about it, the upside is brighter than almost anything else that can be considered. Affordable housing is a huge need. When Amazon’s Alexa Fund said a few weeks ago that they see the potential for new housing at some $300+ billion a year – and manufactured housing is only did about $6.5 billion in 2017 – that paints a quick picture.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.